3 replies to this topic

#1 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

The IS ERLL has overshadowed the regular LL for quite a while because the heat difference is so small, and the most recent patch cemented it by giving them the same duration. If anything, there needs to be a larger heat difference between the two of them. Given the sub-par nature of the regular LL, it would probably be more sensible to reduce the LL to 6 rather than nerf the ERLL to 9.

Dropping the ER Small to 2.0 while the regular Small remains at 1.7 would make the latter even more useless than it already is. Just like the case above, the regular SL needs its heat to go down.

Edited by FupDup, 01 July 2017 - 12:18 PM.

#2 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

I think the ERML needs to have it's head reduced, the added range isn't worth the added heat. Otherwise I think Fup has good points about the SML and LL needing to be tweaked while leaving the ERSML and ERLL as they are.

I can take a LPL and get 10 damage for 7 heat and the same number of crit slots instead of 2x ERML for 10 damage and 9 heat. The LPL weighs more but ultimately is a better bargain because I have to toss in a bunch of DHS in order to make the ERML work. 5 dmg for 4 heat is a reasonable trade off.

Edited by Ruar, 01 July 2017 - 12:24 PM.

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

TBQH, I would actually prefer if they kept the ERSL heat where it is and bump the base range to 220 m. I mean, it's still a Small laser, but it actually feels really good when it gets 240 m on it through a combination of quirks and skill tree. Low DPS, low damage, but useful range. Excellent filler weapon on a twin ER PPC Rifleman, or MPL Locust/BJ-1X. Everything else stays where it is. The standard small should get a lower cool-down than it has.

For the ER Medium, a heat reduction to at most 4.2 and a duration increase to 1.0 is in order, I think. Right now, the 3x LPL + 5x ERML combo is, essentially, 5x LPL that you can fire together. It's pretty damn strong, even with the heat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users