Rotary Autocannons Are So Disappointing!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

I just spent a couple of sessions on the test server for the new weapons. I was so looking forward to the RAC5 and RAC2. They just are really "bleh". Their damage and profile is still below that of the UAC5. Just in general, the PGI decision to make inner sphere UAC20s and 10s basically the same nerfed Clan UACs, but heavier, means that they will never be able to adequately compete with the dizzying array of new lasers and PPCs.
If you're going to have a "tentpole" weapon, PGI, at least make it work right. Sure, they spit out a lot of rounds, but each one does negligible damage and generates a ton of heat.
I wish that I hadn't spent all that money on the new mechs for the Civil War expansion. Fool me once..

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

Get HMG´s then instead, sairr ? ^^

#3 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

wrong forum. This is new player help forum, not PTS forum.

#4 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

I have not tested the others yet. In terms of lethality the IS uac10 is deadlier than the clan one as it fires a 2 slug burst while the clan fires a 3 slug burst. The uac10 is probably the second best weapon the sphere is getting behind the erml.

#5 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

When you're looking at weapons, please remember to consider the role the weapon plays. The RAC isn't a hit-and-run weapon, it's a DPS faucet. You're going to be looking right at what you're shooting, or you'll be doing no damage. If that doesn't sound good to you, don't bother complaining about the RAC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users