11 replies to this topic

#1 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

They were brothers and sisters to our own ancestors 250 years ago, yet have been tempered by a stronger flame. Now they are so utterly alien that it is hard to accept that they are human. They are still our brothers and sisters, but hardened to a point that we fear even in our nightmares.

--Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht, 1st December, 3052[

Clan Goliath Scorpion was one of the original twenty Clans founded by Nicholas Kerensky, named after the Goliath Scorpions found on Babylon. Staunch Wardens, the Goliath Scorpions value precision over brute force, while believing strongly in visions and quests. They take Necrosia, a drug based on the venom of the goliath scorpion, to aid in these visions. This Clan believed in looking to the past in order to rebuild the Star League, piece by piece, though their obsession with this goal blinded them to outside events on occasion. The Goliath Scorpions famously provided Clan Wolf the deep-sea diving Exoskeletons which would serve as the progenitors for modern Battle Armor.

Now is the Time of the Homeworld Clans, PGI has put out the Decals and has said the Inner Sphere will be able to move up the Exodus Road. Hopefully they will add the reserve Clans and the Homeworld Clans and open Up the Kerensky Cluster.

Let us rejoice on what we have and strive to be better warriors and people. Treat our fellow Mechwarriors as you would be treated be they IS or Clan. I know I am preaching to the Choir but in this time of OLD -AGE in MWO we need everyone of the MWO community.

Clan Goliath Scorpion
Obsidian Keshik
Oathmaster-Harpersteel

#2 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

If you want this to be the time of the Clans, then people need to stop dropping into FW solo.

1 win by a unit - 5 losses by random unorganized players is not doing the Clans any favors...

There are plenty of tools, units, and resources available to help people improve their gameplay, so please use them, for your own sake at least.

#3 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Obviously, he was referring to the Scorpions, no one else.

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 23 July 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

If you want this to be the time of the Clans, then people need to stop dropping into FW solo.

1 win by a unit - 5 losses by random unorganized players is not doing the Clans any favors...

There are plenty of tools, units, and resources available to help people improve their gameplay, so please use them, for your own sake at least.

No joke...We won 18 Invasion drops in a row at one point Friday/ Saturday and couldn't make a dent in the war log...it was unbelievable

Group up people!

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 23 July 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#5 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Same with us for the last two days. We won all but one of our matches, and we played at least 15-20 of them.

This is not fair. And by that I mean the idea of people calling for unity in the Clans, then dropping solo and losing isn't fair to the people who are dropping as 12-mans and winning and doing their best to stop the hemorrhaging. I'm sure watching pugs keep dropping solo and losing more matches than the teams can win to stop the cascading losses from working against us is frustrating to alot of people.

We've got a number of pilots who have organized into units, used LFG, communications, target-calling, proper mechs, and tactics to win matches in our favor.

Then we have pilots that have done none of that. And yet there's a host of tools that are available to help people win matches, get your match points easier, and advance the bar further in favor of the Clans. Everyone here wants to see Clans win, right? So why not work towards that goal-together?

Edited by Commander A9, 29 July 2017 - 05:05 AM.

#6 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

I am sure the majority playing are just here for the cookies. Your queue will return very quickly to normal and you can win all the dots on the map you want if that is your thing.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 23 July 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Same with us for the last two days. We won all but one of our matches, and we played at least 15-20 of them.

This is not fair...

Of course it's fair. If they have the wins overall, they win. Simple as that. Now, you'd said "this is frustrating," I could empathize with you.

#8 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Lol. Clans stomped in tukkayyidd so all the pugs assumed they were op, and went clan right in time for is to make a comeback, lol.

#9 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

Well, at least IS tonnage will go back down to 250. Now if Clan tonnage goes back up to 250, I'll be happy-provided Russ keeps his damn hands off of it in the future!

#10 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 23 July 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

This is not fair...

Sorry Commander, bad comment is bad, poor sportsmanship, you won your battles but lost the war on that particular day and you call it unfair.

You know you are not the only player/unit in the game, is noone else entitled to win?

#11 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:55 AM

Perhaps I was lost in translation...when your unit wins match after match and the tug-of-war continually falls against you, you tend to find frustration in your fellow compatriots...a feeling I'm sure all of us have experienced.

Here's what I take issue with: I have a problem with people who continually pug-it-up in Faction Warfare, lose matches, then complain, while said major teams consistently win matches by using the tools available to them, by grouping up, using target-calls, proper strategy, etc etc etc. Just as I mentioned when I responded to this topic the first time it was introduced. I'm sick of seeing screenshots loaded with Clan pugs who lost to an IS 12-man; I'm sure all of you are, too.

We had one guy drop alongside us who berated us for dropping as a team, using communications, and calling targets. In his exact words, he addressed our style of play as "12 guys holding each other's [censored]" while finding teamplay to be "lame." And this was a guy dropping ON Clans in our lobby! We actually suspected that he had departed a major unit, and still found the gall to make those comments.

THAT...that kind of attitude, and behavior, is what is unfair to me-it is unfair to the teams and the Clan Faction at large when we have pilots continually dropping solo, knowing full well the Inner Sphere has roving teams prowling around and decimating the uncoordinated pugs who make the mistake of doing exactly what they're doing.

This is the reason some people are calling this event the "Potato Farming Event." This is the reason that Tukayyid 3 was, quite literally, Clan Slaughterhouse 3.0. It's probably also the reason some people believe that Faction Warfare should disallow pugs from participating at all, but I do not share that belief.

People want the benefits of victory, they want to see Clans own Terra and the entire Inner Sphere, and they can call for 'unity of the Clans' all they want...but in the same breath, if people immediately turn around and drop solo and refuse to work together alongside their comrades, it does not do the Clans any favors.

It is actually undermining Clan efforts. We don't need a tug-of-war tracker to tell us that, but that's proof enough.

Whatever happened to the old days when you had Clan players actively seeking out units to drop alongside of? Every Clan can drop with every other Clan-why not take advantage of that?

Edited by Commander A9, 29 July 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#12 M3T4L R0N1N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 27 July 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Sorry Commander, bad comment is bad, poor sportsmanship, you won your battles but lost the war on that particular day and you call it unfair.

You know you are not the only player/unit in the game, is noone else entitled to win?

Something isn't bad just because "you" say it twice, sportsmanship is something determined during the game not on a forum thread and he never said anything about what others can and can't do. I think he's merely suggesting that the pugs try on a little teamwork for a change. I am sure Steak Sauce is well aware of other players in the game he's one of the best team players in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users