Average Damage With Is Medium Mechs?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

I'm asking this because I want to make sure I'm doing decently with the medium mechs I have or if I have to change something with my playstyle. I really want to make sure I'm doing well with these things. Please no average damage with Clan mediums. Those mechs from what I can tell are like over sized lights.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

In general, IS and Clan, average damage for any mech ranges about 100 to 250 damage per kill on the final scores.
Exceptionally high damages but low kills basically tells of a highly inefficient build.
Exceptionally high kills but very low damage either tells of a highly efficient build, or a mech that relies on "securing kills" that other players have worked hard to get. (This isn't necessarily a bad thing.)

I'm not sure which one was better, but I once got two kills with 1 damage dealt, and 1 kill with 0 damage dealt. O.o; (Decimals are rounded to the nearest whole number.)

Anyway...
250 to 300 damage is considered pretty decent, though mediums can easily exceed 600 damage under the right conditions, and have been known to surpass a thousand damage. I personally linger between 300 and 800 damage with my IS mediums.

Which mediums are you sporting? Equipment and playstyle tropes?

#3 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

I usually use my crabs, one is outfitted as a close range brawler, the other is a long range particle cannon mech. I've used the blackjack with an AC-10 for sniping. Both crabs have endo steel and one has an XL, double heatsinks for both. I get 250 to 400 on both on good matches, and bad matches usually are 150 to 250. Thanks.

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

It realy depends on the weapon combis you sport on your mechs.
My Shadowhawks with AC and Lasers tend to linger around 300 - 500 dmg averange kills and assists, my SRM builds range between 400 - 600 with lots of assistsand little kills, PPC builds i.e. Phoenixhawk Jumpsniper 250 - 400 lots of kills little assists.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Sounds like you're doing just fine. Keep in mind I've been playing since early closed beta so I have a significant advantage over you. There is nothing wrong with getting between 200 to 400 damage with a medium mech. In fact that is pretty damn good.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 July 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

PPC builds 250 - 400 lots of kills little assists.

I've noticed this trend. PPCs tend to be great at securing kills and as such, they get on the low end of damages. Wonder what would happen if you take a PPC setup and add SRMs for the best of both worlds?

Well, other than having yourself an oven inside a coffin. :P

#7 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

Well, I'd like to see that on the Crab hero. Sounds painful with XL and doubles.

#8 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

I think you have a great IS medium mech with the Crab. Ton for ton that mech seems, to me, to be one of the toughest mechs in the game. When I am piloting a medium mech I will usually avoid engaging Crabs unless they already have an opened component. I have lost a few 1v1s against them due to their toughness alone.

#9 Michail Koga

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna/Austria

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

It looks like the AC10 is the favorite weapon for mediums.
Both my Cicada and my Grey Death are using the AC10 with an everywhere of about 370 per match. The GD being on the lower end while my cicada is rising the average. I just love this mech. AC10 plus 4ML with the new LEngine is really the best build.

#10 Autologus

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

I am averaging 343 damage per match in my ASN-26, 4 medium lasers, 1 lb5-x, xl280.

#11 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostKoniving, on 09 July 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I've noticed this trend. PPCs tend to be great at securing kills and as such, they get on the low end of damages. Wonder what would happen if you take a PPC setup and add SRMs for the best of both worlds?

Well, other than having yourself an oven inside a coffin. :P

I use that on one of my huntsmen, it's a hit or miss setup. My thought was a weapon to use during the early part of the match (at range) and a finisher. In reality you don't spend enough time at the first part of the battle trading to get the best from the PPC. Most maps you close fairly quickly, and then it's all about the SRM's. The PPC becomes a standby weapon at that point.

Oh and for the OP, I consider I've pulled my weight in a medium when I get either 3 kills or 400+ damage. That's what I shoot for. If the medium is fast, it's either a flanker or a light killer setup. If it's slower (like a hunchback), then it's support (a wingman) for the heavies/assaults.

#12 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

I think anything over 200 with a kill or two to your name is fine. It's very mech dependent. On my CN9-A I roll 2xERML, AC-10, and a SRM-6. I don't do heaps of damage but I get kills.

Conversely, I have two Vindicators, one built around an ER PPC and the other a heavy PPC, and I sit back and just snipe, snipe, snipe with them. Fewer kills but generally high damage.

#13 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

On all of my stronger clan mediums i get between 400 and 800 on most games, on IS around 100 below that unless its something like a RAC 10 build that sprays crazy amounts of damage (1000+ quite possible) but doesnt use its damage effectively. That said, my BSW (only IS med i really really like) does quite well in brawler config, almost always breaks 500 dmg and get 1-2 solo kills unless its super 1 sided stomp.

#14 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

I main Wolverines, my average damage with them is 326 per match and my KDR is 1.47. I think the main thing is to find a mech and build that jives with you and rock it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users