46 replies to this topic

#1 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

I'm pretty stoked for the Uziel, but I'm curious what y'all's builds will be.

#2 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Ultra10+3tons, 6JJ, 255LFE++, DHS, ES, LFF, full armor.

Might try 2xHPPC with 4jj and a 255xl++

Probably run 4LPPC on on of them.

Edited by Kaptain, 11 July 2017 - 09:52 PM.

#3 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:24 AM

3S: Dropping two JJ and the ERML to upsize the LB2-X to an LB5-X, otherwise keeping everything else, or possibly going 4x LPPC
2S: Works well with the stock loadout probably? Maybe swapping the PPCs for snub nosed
3P: Well I wanted to go double light gauss but then I realised how heavy those are, so that's gone out the window now. Maybe trying for a 2x 5-class AC?

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:54 AM

ppc pop tart, duh.

#5 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:48 AM

Apart from the stock dual PPC?

Spoiler

#6 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

View PostRed Shrike, on 14 July 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

Apart from the stock dual PPC?

Spoiler

So uh you gonna share the smurfy of that daka Uziel?

#7 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 18 July 2017 - 03:17 AM, said:

So uh you gonna share the smurfy of that daka Uziel?

Well, having built it according to spec, I'm short 1 ton of RAC/5 ammo and quite some armor. Had to strip the jump jets just to fit the ammo. For some reason, even though everything checks out, I'm still a ton or so short. That said, the specified armor weight gives 263 armor and I'm currently on 271.

• UZL-2S Uziel (Jacob) Won in combat on Arc-Royal after the Wolf's Dragoons arrival, the reborn Black Widow Company's XO Jacob Kincaid set about upgrading his new 'Mech significantly. By the time of the Black Widow's return to Outreach in early 3070[12], Jacob's Uziel used a lighter 250 rated XL Engine and eight and half tons of Light Ferro-Fibrous armor to free up weight to mount a Rotary AC/5 in each arm while retaining the ER Small Lasers and SRM-6 rack. Three tons of autocannon reloads keep the rotaries firing, with a single ton carried for the SRM launcher. BV (2.0) = 1,513 [13][12]

Obsolete pic.
Spoiler

Edit: After a little experimentation and a little math, I find that the specs says that 1 point of light ferro weighs 0.03226 tons, while in MWO 1 point of light ferro weighs 0.03902 tons. Which means the 263 points of armor weigh roughly 1.8 tons too much, hence me being short 1 ton of ammo.

Edit 2: After some more math, I don't think it's the armor weighing too much. Either way, I'm short 1.5 tons even though Sarna says it ought to fit.

Edit 3: This might account for the missing 1.5 tons:

...while simultaneously upgrading the standard gyro to an extra-light model.

http://bg.battletech...p?topic=21242.0

Edit 4: I exchanged the 1 ton of SRM ammo for 0.5 tons in order to reach the advertised 8.5 tons of armor.

Posted Image

Edited by Red Shrike, 18 July 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#8 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

I went pretty boring with mine, they all have Endo, DHS and a Light 250, then either FF or LFF

2S - 2 UAC5
3P - 2 AC5, 2 ERML
3S - 2 HPPC
3S(S) - UAC5, PPC, 2 ERML
5P - LGauss, 2 LPPC
6P - 2 LPL, 4 ERML
Belial - 4 LPPC, 2 SRM4

#9 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 18 July 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

2S - 2 UAC5

Heresy.

#10 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 18 July 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Heresy.

I know! But until I can buy more for C-Bills, I need 2 sacrifices to the hill-humping gods D'akkar and Peep'Ecy Posted Image

#11 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

Huge protruding CT, huge broad shoulders... what the hell was PGI thinking, releasing this with no durability quirks at all?

UZL-3S - best I've come up with so far. If you don't stay at range with this poor squishy beastie, you're fried, so plinking with PPCs seems to be the way to go.

#12 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e7e584954b030a0

UZL 6P......i may not be the best but hoo boy i love this homebrew.

#13 Sonork

Rookie

• The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Been mucking around with a bunch of different loadouts. This one has been the most versatile and fun imo.

UZL-3S

Heavy PPC x1
Medium laser x3
MRM10 x1
Max jump jets and AMS

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0b0cc59df3b65d7

Easily tweakable if you don't want ams or maxed jump jets. Basically you want to skirmish and avoid fire by pop tarting and using terrain. Jump to annoying places, 6 JJ allows for HPG wall climbing. (barely) Heavy PPC is really good.

Edited by Sonork, 19 July 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#14 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 18 July 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

6P - 2 LPL, 4 ERML

Swapped this into a 2 SNPPC, 4ML build and gained 2 DHS. Cooler, same damage at optimal, better poptart. I need my 2nd 6P already - PGI PLZ?! Posted Image

#15 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

First, go directly to the skill tree and spend 91 GSP. Immediately. Get thee hence and do it because it makes YUGE difference. Or buy 91 SP with GXP and Cbills if you have the dough. If you do not have the dough, bless you my child, for you have definitely chosen hard mode. I have been testing the 3S, and have learned a couple tips for my fellow Uziel drivers out there.

Our Uzi is...fragile. But maxing out the survival tree helps drastically. You get about 10 points armor in the CT and 5 in the STs, plus a significant structure boost. Then, I changed-fundamentally-the way I think about mechs. I think of the Uziel as a glorified Jenner. So I went to the Mobility tree and got enough nodes to get full speed tweak. I skipped torso nodes and got as much hard brake and kinetic as practical, and a couple anchor turn nodes along the way. Then, to Ops, where I got all the heat containment and cool run I could get. In infowar I only ran the tree for 60% radar deprivation.

But wait, Chados, you say. That leaves nothing for firepower! True. I got a 5% range boost, a slight cool down boost, and missile high explosives. But trust me when I tell you that the Uziel is NOT XL-friendly and if you're stuck in T3 or above you WILL encounter enemies who instantly go after your '80s shoulderpads. You need to be running over 90kph and don't strip those jump jets because you should think in three dimensions.

I'm running a slightly modified stock 3S loadout. I dropped the SRM6 for a MRM10. Pro tip: The ERSL has identical duration to the MRM10 stream and nearly the same max range profile. One ton for the MRM is 30 squeezes of the trigger. And one ton for the LB-2X is 75 rounds. The LB2 is a better gun than people think. The ERML and LPL have near perfect synergy, also. I went with light ferro, and swapped in an LFE-265 for 92kph. It's not bad-I'm having a good bit of fun with it and average about 300 damage per match. That might not be big, but it isn't bad for a mech with a 33 firepower rating and one that's egg fragile. It's a neat little predator with possibilities.

By the way, when an Uziel loses a leg your speed drops 75%. I don't know if that's a bug or a feature but it ain't half. You go from 92 to 26 and change, and that isn't pretty.

I like the Uziel. It's one of my favorite BT designs. I'm glad it's in game.

#16 Ausajax

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

I'm swapping out the XL300s for LFE250s tonight to see if that improves durability. Hoping I can get a 2x LPL, 2x MPL build to work for brawling. Loving the torso high mounts though.

#17 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

I love the Uziel in theory but why oh why is it soo fragile? Why did it not get any quirks for armor or structure?

#18 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostUPnADAM, on 20 July 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

I love the Uziel in theory but why oh why is it soo fragile? Why did it not get any quirks for armor or structure?

Because maybe it's not intended to be used as a first line mech?

#19 Sonork

Rookie

• The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

Started playing and enjoying the pop tart skirmish UAC-10 Uziel. Since the patch added the -20% UAC jam chance to the 3P.

**UPDATED**
Added MRM 10 for more damage. removed machine guns.
**UPDATED**
Added gameplay video below.

UZL-3P

Have an alpha strike button for air born pop tarting, if you skill into ballistic ammo you'll have near endless supply of UAC10 Ammo. Been having the best luck getting to roofs and hills with the JJ and ambushing enemy mechs. Favor your right side and if you have to get hit, get hit on your left side. Protect the UAC at all costs.

Edited by Sonork, 06 August 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#20 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

Much like the song by The Police, "Don't stand so close to me":
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...800e8f1d8556ac8[/smurfy]

Or if you like a bit more, "Some like it hot" - we have The Power Station:
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...96ccc5265879df0[/smurfy]

I fear no XL check!

Edited by stealthraccoon, 20 July 2017 - 09:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users