Assassin

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ganatar

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Hey there folks!

Recently picked up the Assassin-21, and I've really been enjoying it. I sported a SRM Griffin-2n for a while now and love it, but I wanted to try going a little faster. Right now Im working with an xl295 (had it on hand and dont wanna drop 5m on the 300 before all these shiny new toys drop) with 4 SRM4 (no arty) 4 JJs and 5.5 tons of ammo with low armor in the naked arms.

Ive toyed around with dropping a half ton of ammo and two jjs and putting in two small lasers and some armor in one arm for a little extra burst when I get up on someone, but Im having a hard time telling if its worth the heat/sacrifice. For skills, Ive taken the left side of sensors for derp and one seismic since I dont have an ecm, all the missile nodes in firepower and Im filling out mobility, still a little ways to go on those and Im not sure what would have the biggest impact.

It seems to be functioning alright, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Posted Image

#2 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

I'd just stick with the SRM4s and as much speed as you can cram in the engine.

I run mine with 4x SRM4, XL320, and 2 JJs.

#3 Autologus

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

The Assassin is a really underrated mech. It has very favorable hit boxes and if you go full protection it is a tanking beast combined with its mobility and ability to jump. There are a variety of builds with the different variants catering to a wide range of play styles. It is my new favorite mech, it is so much fun. My favorite is the ASN-26 with 4 mls, 1 LB5-X, XL280, 2 jjs, 2.5 tons ammo, full armor except head and left arm.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

My first assassin has been the hero. Unfortunately, without the luxury of Mech Rifles
Spoiler
or Light ACs
Spoiler

I've been unable to find a satisfactory, weight efficient solution for my ballistic hardpoint. I haven't tried using a RAC for it, though the sacrifice in tonnage for it is tremendous when there's only 40 tons to work with.

There's machine guns, but in general machine guns don't work as well as one would like as a solo weapon.

#5 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

I've found that 4 SRM 6s work wonders.

#6 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Didn't want to start a new thread - I'm looking at getting one of these for a seal-clubbing alt account. What's a good pick? And as a general ballpark guideline, what size engine is a good sweet spot?

#7 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

The go-to build on the 21 seems to have settled on SRM 6s.

4 SRM6 with 5 tons ammo. XL280. 1 JJ. Ferro, Endo, some armor stripped from arms and head.

I've been having a blast (Ha ha) in the 23 and like it better than the 21.

My build is 2 MRM 10, 1 MRM 20 4 tons ammo, XL 270, 2 JJ, Ferro, Endo, some armor removed from head and arms.

Edited by Zookeeper Dan, 06 November 2017 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users