8 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

Aside from the IIC variants, and we have four of them, I'd like to know. When will the Clans be able to use Inner Sphere ‘Mechs with Clan Tech. After all, the Kerensky and his SLDF took the lion's share of ‘Mech Technology and Star League ‘Mech's on the Exodus. To me, it makes total sense and is canon related. heck, most of the record sheets (incl. upgraded ones) have Clan Technology.

Ex:

Atlas C

UAC/20 (Clan)
Medium Laser (Inner Sphere)
LRM 20 (Clan)
Streak SRM 6 (Clan)

So when, I ask, will wed see these types of ‘Mechs?

I'm sure if the community comes together on this, we can get these types of ‘Mechs added to the game. In any case, it never hurts to ask for them.

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostHawk819, on 16 July 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Aside from the IIC variants, and we have four FIVE of them, I'd like to know.

JR7-IIC, HBK-IIC, ON1-IIC, HGN-IIC, MAD-IIC

View PostHawk819, on 16 July 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

So when, I ask, will wed see these types of ‘Mechs?

Some time between IS Omnis and MixTech? Between 2018 and the heat death of the universe?

#3 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

I gather it'll be many many years b4 that happens.
From my understanding yall have been playing this game with the same weapons for around 5 years, and only now is new tech dropping.

Even if the tech merged, they will probably be too hot for the slot limited 3 critics DHS to handle, necessitating alterations to that mechanism.

It'll also flat nullify some IS tech(gauss), it'll probably happen... Just not for a log while.

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:52 AM

Mixtech would wash out any identity left to factions in FP. So... Probably never, or basically as a last dying breath before they shut the game down.

#5 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

I am not really sure how canon this really is. Sure they took alot of mechs with them but remember they advanced much faster than the IS did and with that, most of that original tech became extremely obsolete really quickly. I mean even their Garrison Units used new production mechs. I mean they were cheaper by far to build and maintain than an Omni, but they were new production. Also you have the IIC variants which were the way in which the Clans preserved designs they thought worthy of keeping around.

As for the rest of that inventory of mech they brought with them, if they weren't melted down for scrap and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case considering how limited on resources the Clans worlds are supposed to be, then they are at least in deep storage, mothballed and probably not functional. I highly doubt any would be issued and in operation even on the most backwater outpost.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 16 July 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#6 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

You mean the C variants of mechs that are just refitted with clan tech, they're out their.

Here are a few examples.
MAD-3R (C) A Clan-tech retrofit of the classic MAD-3R Marauder, designed for use by second-line garrison and solahma forces, the Marauder C replaced some of the Inner Spheroid weaponry with Clan equivalents. The Marauder C swapped the PPCs for a pair of Clan-tech Large Pulse Lasers and the standard autocannon for a Ultra AC/5 model, but retained the IS medium lasers. The munitions for the autocannon were also protected with CASE.
WHM-6R (C) A Clan-tech retrofit of the venerable Warhammer intended for second-line and solahma troops, this variant did not alter the 'Mech's structural components but replaced most of the Inner Sphere-tech weaponry of the original WHM-6R with Clan equivalents. The PPCs were replaced with Large Pulse Lasers, the SRM-6 was upgraded to a Streak SRM-6, and all of the lasers were upgraded to ER Medium and ER Small Lasers. Only the machine guns were not replaced with Clan-tech models.
  • BattleMaster C This variant was designed in 3070 by Clan Jade Falcon scientists following the capture of Red Devil Industries during the FedCom Civil War. This 'Mech is built on an Endo Steel chassis protected by sixteen and a half tons of armor. Based on the 4S, the Clan-tech variant replaces the gauss rifle with a Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle 30and four tons of ammunition. All the medium lasers are front facing, with four medium pulse lasers and two ER medium lasers. All of these weapons are guided by a Targeting Computer. The short-range missile launcher is replaced with an ATM 6 and three tons of ammunition to ensure the ability to make use of the flexibility offered by the Advanced Tactical Missile System.[48][41] BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = 3,025[49]
  • BattleMaster C 2 This variant is a production version of the BattleMaster Red Corsair, and is used by the Wolf Empire.

These mechs won't exist in the game because PGI's staunch belief of no mix tech, and somewhat understandable, since it basicly IS mechs with clan tech fitted into them, making the twice as better than the original design, and the Sphereiods salt levels will quadruple if such a thing exist.

#7 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

Let me get this out of the way: I don't think these should be in the game.

Buuuuuuuuuut... If we're going to add them, I have a mech that uses both tech that I'm personally interested in.

The Ha Otoko. She's a Clan Diamond Shark mech built for the DCMS forces. Almost no variants, but she's fun to think about.

Posted Image

#8 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 July 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Let me get this out of the way: I don't think these should be in the game.

Buuuuuuuuuut... If we're going to add them, I have a mech that uses both tech that I'm personally interested in.

The Ha Otoko. She's a Clan Diamond Shark mech built for the DCMS forces. Almost no variants, but she's fun to think about.

Posted Image

Don't forget the Mad Cat Mk II and Mk III, both were meant to be sold to the IS. With the Mk II, reading between the lines of the lore that is what the intention was.

#9 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

That seems like a low priority. Besides FP is barely "faction" play as it is. The separation of the tech is one of the few things that still lends any distinction. Let's not further marginalize what little faction distinctiveness there is.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users