Please Buff Heavy Gauss.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

180 m. What you are you on? It takes a whole empty torso with a standard engine to mount the thing and all I get is 180 m effective range? With that little ammo????????????

People are going to try it once, and come to the same conclusion. Heavy gauss sucks.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostRagnahawk, on 18 July 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

180 m. What you are you on? It takes a whole empty torso with a standard engine to mount the thing and all I get is 180 m effective range? With that little ammo????????????

People are going to try it once, and come to the same conclusion. Heavy gauss sucks.

silly question but is this your opinion based on testing or on partaly reading the patch notes?

The 180m optomum range not effective range, it still does damage at 899.9m,

it outdamages the AC20 and AC10 at any range, it outdamages the AC5 or AC2 at less than 800m and the regular Gauss at less than 468m

yes it is heavier than those other weapons but the only B weapon doing better damage at any range are the other variatys of Gauss at past 468m for regular or the Light Gauss at past about 720m, and the AC2/5 past about 850/800m.

if you fire inside 450m it does more damage than any other weapon (except LRM20) can do in that range, and for this capability it pays with being heavy and bulky, this seems fair to me.

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

The reality is Heavy Gauss is not going to work as a bizarre pseudobrawling weapon. It cannot compete with the AC20 or UAC20.

What PGI needs to do to fix Heavy Gauss is this: make it do 22 damage with a 450m optimum range and 900m max range. Give it a 6.0 cooldown with a 1s chargeup.

Now it actually has the range to be a Gauss Weapon, isnt some weird fail brawling weapon, and its high damage is balanced by its incredibly long cooldown.

Edited by Khobai, 18 July 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#4 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:31 AM

The damage drop of is going much further than the usual 2x. it goes until 900 or so until 0 dmg.
Personally, I'd just increase it to 270 and then it should be fine with the new curve.

See also here: https://mwomercs.com...ll-off-weapons/

View PostChris Lowrey, on 14 July 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Hi everyone.

The Civil War patch introduces many weapons designed around gradual damage fall off. These weapons contain fairly short "optimal" ranges, but have their damages degrade over an extended period of time compared to many of the weapons in the current game.

While we do display this extended fall off in the Mechlab, we know that many will want more precise idea of what kind of damage you can expect at which ranges. So I want to share these with everyone for all of the weapons that currently are designed around non-standard damage drop offs.

Heavy Gauss Rifle:

0-180: 25 Damage
324: 20 Damage
468: 15 Damage
612: 10 Damage
756: 5 Damage

The weapon follows a linear damage falloff from Optimal to max range. These ranges provide "benchmarks" for when these damage values are hit. Anything over them will do more damage up to 25 max damage, anything under will do less.

Snub Nose PPC:

0-270: 10 Damage
450: 5 Damage

The weapon follows a linear damage falloff from Optimal to max range.

ATM's:

120-270: 3 damage per missile
320-500: 2 damage per missile
550-1100: 1 damage per missile

Unlike many other weapon system's ATM's have a unique way in which they apply damage. Rather then their damage falling off linearly, ATM's operates on a series of Damage Plateaus depending on the distance the missile projectile has traveled. With a 50 meter "transition" period in which there is a liner damage falloff between plateaus.

Range Quirks and Range Skills:

Its important to note that range skills apply their modifier to all weapon ranges with the exception of the minimum range. When it comes to weapons built around the gradual damage fall off, its important to note that Range modifiers will extend the range in which all of these benchmarks can be hit. So using the ATM's for example, 15% of quirks or weapon skills boosting range would boost the second damage Plateau of the ATMs from 500 meters, to 575 meters before you start seeing damage fall off.

Bonus:

Have received a few people asking, but yes, the Heavy PPC will do a solid 15 damage to a single location upon release while in Optimal Range.

Edited by Reno Blade, 19 July 2017 - 04:33 AM.

#5 Dracolunaris

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

I dont even mad about this weapon since i can't fit this into my King Crab or Cataphract , beacuse i wont install this on atlas that for sure lol .

Edited by Dracolunaris, 19 July 2017 - 05:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users