New Players: Don't Do This.

4 replies to this topic

#1 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

Way back in the day I had a friend that loved... Thor. As soon as I bought a mech, I named it the Danhammer and have always had it run a ridonkulous loadout because Dan passed away some years ago and he was always a nut in every game he played. So I present the Danhammer, my first 'mech with the new gear, totally in honour of the craziest grognard I ever had the honour of rolling dice with. It's an ARC2R with max armour, almost mastered.

I threw a light 300 in it, triple LM5+A, and 5x light ppcs. No slots open. So if you see an Archer going by, spraying balls of plasma, say a little prayer for my friend Dan.

And whatever you do, don't step into my firing lane.

And mail me a coolshot in my Christmas card, because this baby is gonna run HOT!

(Dedicated to all the guys out there who have been loving BattleTech for years.)

#2 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

1st run, one kill 5 assists. And tons of laughs. And it's now mastered.

Edited by AureliusDean, 18 July 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#3 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

May he sleep in peace.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

So, AureliusDean, what were you trying to tell people to NOT do? I could easily see a new player sticking with the team, and supporting with a constant stream of Chain Fire. Heck, provided they didn't Group Fire like a donkey, your idea might actually work well for them. This bodes the question, could you please provide a Smurfy example of your build? :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Totally not getting your thread title here..." Devnull

#5 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 September 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

So, AureliusDean, what were you trying to tell people to NOT do? I could easily see a new player sticking with the team, and supporting with a constant stream of Chain Fire. Heck, provided they didn't Group Fire like a donkey, your idea might actually work well for them. This bodes the question, could you please provide a Smurfy example of your build? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Totally not getting your thread title here..." Devnull

Well you said it "chainfire" (And why the heck would you chainfire PPCs...fire them 3+2)
You never should use chainfire except you did something wrong and have to chain because you run hot.

PPCs create no screen shake for the enemy and no blinding splosions so there is absolutely no good reason why you would chainfire a frontload damage weapon.

So new players get this:
What you want is making damage and taking as few shoots in return as you can.
You can not do this by stepping out in the open and start chaining, standing there for everyone to hammer at.
The build is named Thor and after some hammer not after the anvil or the poor bugger getting hammered.

Do Not Chain !

edit: except for the lullz...did this on my anni and observed the whole enemy team bolting to their holes and staying there the whole match till our srm boys bombed them out of there. Posted Image

Edited by The Basilisk, 12 September 2017 - 01:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users