- - - - -

Changing Factions And Fp Events

9 replies to this topic

#1 Abel Enders

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:42 AM

I'm not exactly a new player but I'm not well versed in the faction system. After the Civil War patch, my buddy and I wanted to work on Clan Nova Cat rep so we started the switch (7 day timer) from Clan Smoke Jaguar.

We currently have about 5 days left on our CSJ timer. Will this impact our ability to do drops for the FP event starting today? Will we still accrue CSJ rep while on the "deserter" timer? Is there mention anywhere of PGI waiving contracts for this event?

It seems odd to me that switching from CSJ to CNC would make you a deserter considering they share the same attack corridor.

#2 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostAbel Enders, on 21 July 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

We currently have about 5 days left on our CSJ timer. Will this impact our ability to do drops for the FP event starting today? Will we still accrue CSJ rep while on the "deserter" timer? Is there mention anywhere of PGI waiving contracts for this event?

Somebody may need to do more research, but this is my understanding.

1. you will still be able to do FP drops, but you won't be able to do them as a loyalist, only via call-to-arms or getting in a group via LFG. I think.
2. you will not accrue rep... again, I think.
3. I have seen no mention of PGI waiving contracts (and truthfully, given their history with FP events, I don't expect them to).

Again, my understanding and I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

#3 Abel Enders

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

Hey, it's a start. Thanks for responing Kaethir.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Further, if you are planning to go loyalist on CNC, I believe you each have a 10 probation match rule before you can start earning rep for the faction. With us, we had a contract run out just in time to switch to CNC smoothly, and there was still that 10 match probation thingy.

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

In the interest of Expediency, I'd run your first ten drops with the Nova Cats in Scouting, to burn up the first ten drop counter quickly, an thusly losing out on less rep loss.

~Leone.

#6 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

"Will this impact our ability to do drops for the FP event starting today?"

In no way. The event doest require contract or any kind of loyalty. That's usually how most FP events run, even freelances can participate and gain stuff.

(small correction, Tukayyid required merc/loyalty contract for some stuff while some could be aquired even by freelancers)

"Will we still accrue CSJ rep while on the "deserter" timer?"

No, never. That's what the warning box for deserting loyalty will say. Remember the event is based on match score, not faction reputation.

"Is there mention anywhere of PGI waiving contracts for this event?"

In past specially on the big Tukayyid event people asked for that often, and it was not made. So expect none.

"1. you will still be able to do FP drops, but you won't be able to do them as a loyalist, only via call-to-arms or getting in a group via LFG. I think."

No. Deserting loyalist will still be loyalist, and will be playing the side of the faction he is deserting . What deserter can't do, is gain FP reputation, extra cbills from contract, or vote.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 21 July 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#7 Abel Enders

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:46 AM

Thanks for the answers everyone!

View PostLeone, on 21 July 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

In the interest of Expediency, I'd run your first ten drops with the Nova Cats in Scouting, to burn up the first ten drop counter quickly, an thusly losing out on less rep loss.

~Leone.

That's a really good idea, I'll totally do that. My timer should expire sometime today :)

#8 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 21 July 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

"1. you will still be able to do FP drops, but you won't be able to do them as a loyalist, only via call-to-arms or getting in a group via LFG. I think."

No. Deserting loyalist will still be loyalist, and will be playing the side of the faction he is deserting . What deserter can't do, is gain FP reputation, extra cbills from contract, or vote.

Thanks for the correction!

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

<.< Figure this to be a better place to ask.

View PostKoniving, on 24 July 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

So, tomorrow I'm gonna start participating in this event.

I haven't played FP in a long time. I'm currently stuck under IS, so...
Keep in mind I plan on making my considerations while at work on lunch (I work 12 hour shifts) so I won't be at my computer to log in and check myself.

Weight limit for IS?
Currently "common" weaponry / tactics? (Aggressive offense or more sharp shooty-move up? Aggressive defense or more campy? Frequent "Dropship" strikes?)

Any major threats on the Clan front (besides laser vomit)?
Any counters to ATMs besides staying at range?
Is a 100 tonner a good idea during offense or should I just keep them for defense?
There's new maps since early 2016. Any major concerns in regards to them?

Which are more common: Hot/cold/neutral maps?

#10 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

Weight limit is still in the 265 range. Common tactics include Brawling it up, as usual, as well as medium range skirmishing and on certain maps long range poking. Beware of the mid-range or brawling push when dropping in long range builds.

Tactics, as always, vary. Massed Rotories've been fun to deal with of late.

Clan Atms are vicious, but are defeated by an aggressive push into minimum range or massed ams. Honestly, on Invasion defense you'll prolly want something faster'n a 100 tonner to get to the gates an set up a firing line in time, whereas on attack the enemy most oft' waits for you. But front load that unless your team is trying something squirrely. Wave one's 'bout the only time you should expect folk to wait for the slow mechs.

Hot n' cold comes just as often as heat neutral maps. Just be prepared to hotswap your mechs based on the map.

With any luck we'll get to face eachother across the field of honour!

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 24 July 2017 - 06:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users