Just Returning

3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

I'm getting to grips with the new skill system after returning from a long hiatus, can anyone give me some tips on what to put skills into for mechs like Phoenix Hawk and other similar mechs?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostLeone, on 19 July 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

My personal preference is nine points on the left hand side of Mobility to grab three quick torso twist nodes, Twenty three points or there-abouts in Survival, nabbing everything at the bottom, which is chock full of tanky goodness, Twenty points to fill out the heat containment an coolrun in operations, and then firepower an whatever else to taste.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 22 July 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#3 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

Welcome back. We live in interesting times...

#4 Nicodemus Rosse

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

This is definitely handy: https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/

I've gotten into the habit of using a couple of default configurations that just seem the most efficient for certain trees.

For example, I use this pretty consistently for most builds to provide heat management: 15 Point Operations Tree. You can drop 5 more SP for an extra 4% cool run, but often I find that I need those 5 nodes somewhere else. If you end up not needing them elsewhere you can buy them later on in the skilling process, so it's not a big loss to hold off on them awhile.

In the Aux tree, one SP buys you a second consumable slot, and it's pretty much always worth it. If you run a hot build, and you've maxed out the other heat management options, you can drop 5 SP to get double coolshots.

If you're running an ECM build, consider this set of 13 nodes mandatory: Full ECM Nodes. Your ECM is nerfed without those nodes. (You can upgrade to sniper mode for 2 more SP to get Advanced Zoom.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users