You Pick, But Only One.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Skull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Lets see what your choice would be. We all know MechWarrior is not real. But if it were and you could choose any mech to pilot currently released in MWO what mech would it be? And if you want you can add an explanation. 

I would Pilot the Viper Mech. Its one of my fav mechs. And think it would best suit me for battle based off me wanting to be fast and be able to do just about what ever i needed to make sure i would come out with a victory.

#2 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

Probably Jenner-F since we go back a long ways and it's the mech I feel most comfortable with.

#3 Mad Skull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

Cool.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:27 AM

Bt's quiz said I'm a Panther.

If we go by the way weapons work in lore, out of lights nothing hits harder in a single shot until the Hollander (superior) and the Jackal (equal).
(Edit: Yes the Urbanmech exists. No, it doesn't hit harder in a single shot; AC/20s deliver 20 damage in anywhere from 4 to 100 shots. Damn fun, but it isn't a harder punch in a single blow.)

Scorpion strikes me as damn fun.

If we go by looks, the Thorn is just so enticing.

But when I put myself into Megamek, I piloted a modified Blackjack sporting twin UAC/5s and a small laser.

Edited by Koniving, 23 July 2017 - 07:41 AM.

#5 Mad Skull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

Very well said. I love hearing everyone's opinions.

#6 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

OK, to quote myself from this thread

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 12 July 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Well then...

#1 MAD-IIC-D
2x LB10X, 2x ASRM6, ERPPC, ECM
Still a favourite of mine and consistent performer. I may not look that great, but I am more consistent in this than any other Assault 'mech with any other build. Sure, it's not my most damaging build, or highest DPs, or biggest Alpha, but it does *serious* work.

#2 HBK-IIC-A
6x MPL
This simple beauty has quickly become my most played 'mech and for good reason. What it lacks in range, it makes up for with mobility, firepower, sustainability and staying power. While the 48 damage Alpha was nerfed to 45 recently, it now runs noticeably cooler as a result, for greater sustainability. Corner pokes and hill humps like a champ.

#3 RVN-4X
2x LPL
My 4th most played IS Light (just behind the RVN Hero and 3L, way behind the 2X), this is the only one of those that has never needed a build change. Even with the reduction in LPL damage from 11 to 10, that 20 damage is nothing to sneeze at from a 'mech than can get (almost) anywhere, sharpish.

#4 SMNTHOR-Prime
LB10X, SRM4, ERPPC
Sure, it's not packing much firepower for a Heavy. Sure, those arms are getting blown off. Sure, 2/3 of the weapons are low mounted. Sure, I haven't got room for enough ammo. I'll *still* blow off your arms and legs, then kick in your gorram cockpit!

Then, if I had to narrow it down to just a single 'mech? Even though 2 of my favourite 'mechs are in the game (Thor and Uziel), I think I would go with the Warhammer WHM-6R.

Varied weapon loadouts, looks pretty mean, looks downright pretty!

#7 Mad Skull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

@jayleon, I like the secltion. Thanks I love the choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users