Shoot N Loot Is Painful

8 replies to this topic

#1 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:15 AM

Seriously, I killed 3 mechs while rushing the objective as instructed, and hear my AMS going off more often then not. yet I'm stuck with scores like 55-137... Why not just make it so the points add up like damage or something? Faction scoring isn't fun to work with.

#2 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:27 PM

After learning how match maker makes a group and why my score is so low, I can't help but stress PGI to nerf the damned faction death penalty. I gotta fight tooth n nail and organized groups just to try n make the 150 quota. If you can't keep groups out of pug, then don't you dare pull such a heavy penalty on death.

Edited by eveofmana, 26 July 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#3 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

I just run'n gun with a Mauler and 3 bushwackers and unless I do less than 1000 dmg, my score never goes below 200, sometimes even 300 and 400 and that's with 2-3 dead mechs.
How much dmg do you deal on average?

#4 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostAlvar Von Kenesthor, on 27 July 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

I just run'n gun with a Mauler and 3 bushwackers and unless I do less than 1000 dmg, my score never goes below 200, sometimes even 300 and 400 and that's with 2-3 dead mechs.
How much dmg do you deal on average?

Around 1200-1600, which earns little more then 154-230. I manage to reach 900ish when we get stomped. It takes everything I got though, and its failed to get the score 35% of the time cuz I didn't secure my kill before they obliterated me. I spend damn near a hour a match only to find I didn't get anything near whats needed with 900 sucks.

Edited by eveofmana, 27 July 2017 - 08:11 PM.

#5 Ukabix

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, PL

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

1) Are you aware that your match score in FP invasion matches is divided by the number of mechs you dropped onto the battlefield?
Die less, kill more, that is all. If you find it too difficult to win matches that you drop into as a PUG - try finding a unit to have some people to play with, learn to fight and communicate better against enemies in FP.
2) FP does not divide solo and group players in the matchmaker too -> you end up playing with many premades, full of people who have learned to fight and communicate better than you ever will in solo play.
1) + 2) -> profit :)

#6 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

I was dropping into games with only 6-14 fps untill 8 weeks ago and the 150 match score was attainable then. Now at mid 30's fps even with a loss I have no problem. Now if we cap totally different story, an't nobody getting 150 pts.

Then there are those matches where you pug and end up with an 8 to 10 man team on your side that you know is very good (played with them before and know the guys). That is where it can be hard to get the required score also, they kill'em too fast.

#7 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

Impressive that the score system which penalizes anyone not hanging out in the back and sniping instead of taking a share of damage ist still around.

#8 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

View PostJohn McHobo, on 03 August 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Impressive that the score system which penalizes anyone not hanging out in the back and sniping instead of taking a share of damage ist still around.

I run LRMs at medium range, share armor, and grab locks like crazy... I get MVP win or lose 90% of the time... The score system doesn't help any of either team's "sit in back" people to get anywhere near my match scores.

#9 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

I think that Factin play has to be much more generously with metch score. That will motivate others to join. Becouse forst of all Faction is the main reqson of this war game, I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users