Based on my observations from the current event:

Posted Image

Tech balance has nothing to do with it Posted Image

#2 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

The IS pugs are plain bad (exceptions apply, but in general it is the case), even the Clan's pugs are better than them.

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Are you sure we're playing on the same PUGs?

Cause the clanners with me are afraid of LRMs, when the enemy IS is already stupid enough to bring LRMs.

#4 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:08 AM

Its the mindset the players have chosen to trap themselves.

#5 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

The top reason for wins vs. losses in FP is which side all the big groups happen to be on that week; that side will, logically, win far more.

The secondary reason IS tends to lose is because it is much easier to bring a trash-tier build to a match in IS. IS has single heatsinks by default in most cases - worthless. Most IS mechs lack weight-savings equipment by default, or have lousy engines. There are so many more bad build options with IS that you're bound to see more bad IS builds than bad Clan builds. Most IS mechs are utterly unplayable out of the box, while the same can't really be said for Clans - at least they all come with DHS and a lighter engine.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:14 AM

This **** again. Clan pugs are not superior, they just have better trial mechs with superior tech. A lot of IS pugs dont even have enough C-Bills to buy enough new tech- which are mostly sidegrades.

#7 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:40 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 24 July 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

The top reason for wins vs. losses in FP is which side all the big groups happen to be on that week; that side will, logically, win far more.

The secondary reason IS tends to lose is because it is much easier to bring a trash-tier build to a match in IS. IS has single heatsinks by default in most cases - worthless. Most IS mechs lack weight-savings equipment by default, or have lousy engines. There are so many more bad build options with IS that you're bound to see more bad IS builds than bad Clan builds. Most IS mechs are utterly unplayable out of the box, while the same can't really be said for Clans - at least they all come with DHS and a lighter engine.

a lot of this, most pugs are building real crap mechs, and on IS side it's easier to build pure BS mechs, so they often gonna do that.

#8 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 July 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

This **** again. Clan pugs are not superior, they just have better trial mechs with superior tech. A lot of IS pugs dont even have enough C-Bills to buy enough new tech- which are mostly sidegrades.

Had a good couple drops with you this weekend El B, could have been better, but fun none the less...

Tech has very little to do with win/loss disparity (lack of better word and coffee).

Mindset of playing alone to playing with and for a team is the largest issue, QP mentality brought to CW is the worse experience for everyone in CW. Solo rambos have no place in a teamwork centric queue, none, zero, nada.

Solo pugs playing where they should not be is. Far to many solo QP in CW not able to break 100 damage per mech is a problem. To many solo QP in CW not able to make 100 match score, FAR FAR to many not able to break 50.

Playing only for rewards or bribes does no good for anyone, it actually harms the game and mode further. Recent polls shows these players are there for loot, not CW. Something has to be done or these solo players are just going to get the crap kicked out of them over and over, ruining the drop for all except for the clubbers, on their way to get some crap color or sticker.

#9 Tyroki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

Speaking of trial mechs, I wonder if we'll be seeing Civil War teched trial mechs soon.
Especially with the IS trial mechs being complete and utter crap.

#10 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:56 AM

This **** again. Clan pugs are not superior....

QFT

Premade vs PUG - file closed - have a nice game

#11 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:06 AM

I have played CW/FW/FP swapping between both sides since it was released, and I have never seen any reason to be convinced that there is any truth behind this fabled skill advantage on the clan side, pugs or otherwise.

It's simply a lot easier to win with clan tech.

Edited by Sjorpha, 24 July 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#12 ShoX

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:12 AM

I think Clan benefits somewhat from the PUG mentality of not pushing early and hard enough. The longer you trade at long ranges, the better the match goes for clans. So far most of my Clan wins in the event were long affairs, IS wins were short affairs.

#13 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:19 AM

Sorry friend Bandito, but you are wrong.. I can attest from personal experience that clan pugs are indeed superior..

During Tuk3, I played both sides, and dropped with lots of pugs.. Clan Pugs would play in an organized fashion, clearly know what to do, where to stand, and what was expected of them.. And during Tuk3, their drive was high, they would go for the win, and personal achievements towards event rewards were secondary (and still achieved without problems)

IS pugs on the other hand, did not play with any semblance of organization, did not know how to open siege doors (I saw them shooting the door itself on multiple drops, different people, I would have to open the door for them after waiting 15 minutes on some occasions), they would stand in doorways and get sniped down, they would trade long range fire when clearly out-ranged, they would not go for objectives to get the win, on many occasions they seemed to be simply not interested in winning, but only to achieve personal event points, and this all had nothing to do with tech or anything like that.

I can conclusively say that without doubt,that when it comes to pugs, the state of FP when the stakes are high, like during Tukayyid events, are EXACTLY true to lore.. Clans are mostly unified in their skill and desire to win, while the great houses of the Inner Sphere are divided, leaderless, and uninterested in the greater good, instead only pursuing personal glory.

When the stakes are not as high, like in regular FP, the IS pugs are still more solo-players, while clan pugs instinctively see FP as "serious play", and instinctively apply more tactics and unified play.

My conclusion is.. yes, Clan Pugs are superior to IS pugs.

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:34 AM

Seems to me IS has been winning the most the last few days.

#15 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

**** and im getting roflstomped by premades here...with occasional premadeless match yielding about 50:50 chance of winning.

Edited by davoodoo, 24 July 2017 - 04:53 AM.

#16 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 July 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

Had a good couple drops with you this weekend El B, could have been better, but fun none the less...

Tech has very little to do with win/loss disparity (lack of better word and coffee).

Mindset of playing alone to playing with and for a team is the largest issue, QP mentality brought to CW is the worse experience for everyone in CW. Solo rambos have no place in a teamwork centric queue, none, zero, nada.

Solo pugs playing where they should not be is. Far to many solo QP in CW not able to break 100 damage per mech is a problem. To many solo QP in CW not able to make 100 match score, FAR FAR to many not able to break 50.

Playing only for rewards or bribes does no good for anyone, it actually harms the game and mode further. Recent polls shows these players are there for loot, not CW. Something has to be done or these solo players are just going to get the crap kicked out of them over and over, ruining the drop for all except for the clubbers, on their way to get some crap color or sticker.

This almost makes want to try CW again just to troll Posted Image

#17 Roadbuster

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:06 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 24 July 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

Its the mindset the players have chosen to trap themselves.

Posted Image

#18 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

It's plain as day that when you put a new player in a clan mech vs. an IS mech, they'll do more damage. IS PUGs are bad because builds for IS mechs are more limited, so if they aren't playing one of the chosen ones they're handicapped from the start. Clan tech is more forgiving.

#19 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

This is goofy. Usually it is the match making that makes all the difference. CW is usally IS Pugs VS. a Clan Group.

Last night I played two CW matches, and IS won both. But it was 24 PUGs. It felt like quickplay, it could have gone either way. Just like in quickplay it was a matter of someone taking charge and calling shots and just team dynamics that worked.

Personally, I would love a second quickplay option with dropdecks. Longer PUG games. Also gain faction points in quickplay based on who you are pledged to.

#20 Baeolophus

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

I think I've actually won more games than I've lost as IS playing FW so far this event. For the most part it's been all pugs v. pugs (or pug with a 3-4 man vs. pug with a 3-4 man), and for the most part all the teams I've been on have had at least some coordination going on, which has been nice.

A couple of those losses were frustrating though. Sometimes it's clear from the first couple minutes that your team has no chance of getting it together, and having to spend the next 20 minutes in that same lost-cause game is really, really awful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users