122 replies to this topic

#1 Simulacrum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

Please PGI, stop that Strike spam tactics! Anyway on which side you are it is boring like hell to waste time with such a match. There is no Mechwarrior feeling left if one side does most of its damage with Air/Arty Strikes or if the battle is fought with 24 empowered Strikes.

And please dont tell me something like "adapt or perish" or similar. If I would like to play an Artillery game I would play WoT, but this is Mechwarrior not Strikewarriorwithsomekindofrobopewpew.

Edited by Simulacrum, 24 July 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

need 1 strike per mech limit

#3 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

I'd agree to a limit of one strike per 'mech but they're really not that bad. I know you told me not to tell you to adapt or die so instead I'll tell you to "Git gud".

#4 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Not a fan of it myself. Limit of 1 might be fine like it was before or make it actually take some sort of meaningful investment or trade-off to take a second.

On the rare occasions that I get a match without a bunch of strikes, it's actually quite pleasant. I'd be okay with not having them at all but I know some people like them and don't want them taken out.

#5 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

It becomes a problem when people use it regardless of the situation. I've had people put multiple strikes on my SINGLE light 'mech. Not only a waste but a cop out to actually engaging an enemy in some cases.

#6 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

Meh, I don't mind how it is now.

#7 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

I agree. Way too much Arty/Airstrike spam going on and in my opinion it actually takes away from the fun and most definitely takes away from the skill involved in a given match. 1 per mech is plenty.

#8 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

Agreed, one per mech. That means either one air strike or one arty, not one of each.

#9 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Agreed, one per mech. That means either one air strike or one arty, not one of each.

Yep but I think we need some new consumables too

They should add seismic sensor probe consumables and fake radar contact consumables

#10 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

Instead of limiting the bloody things I think the indicator should be done better.

A small plume of red smoke is easy to miss, there should be a mini map indicator instead. And as hardly any one seems to look at their mini map either it should only punish the stupid people.

Though I also support a drastic increase in the cooldown and amount you can carry. At the moment I wonder how many Thumpers each side has beyond the map. Must be at least a dedicated regiment.

#11 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

I USE TWO STRIKES ON EVERY MATCH IN EVERY SITUATION!!!

As I had said 1,000,000 times before if you want PGI to change something you have to abuse the ever-living-crap out of it. So, ARTY that lone locust capping the point. AIRSTRIKE that lone ACH hiding behind the building....

Once everyone is taking part in an ORGY of strikes PGI will then change it.

#12 eWrecked Pianist

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCALI

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostSimulacrum, on 24 July 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Please PGI, stop that Strike spam tactics! Anyway on which side you are it is boring like hell to waste time with such a match. There is no Mechwarrior feeling left if one side does most of its damage with Air/Arty Strikes or if the battle is fought with 24 empowered Strikes.

And please dont tell me something like "adapt or perish" or similar. If I would like to play an Artillery game I would play WoT, but this is Mechwarrior not Strikewarriorwithsomekindofrobopewpew.

if you try moving side to side instead of forward in back it mitigates a lot of the "issue"

View PostKhobai, on 24 July 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Yep but I think we need some new consumables too

They should add seismic sensor probe consumables and fake radar contact consumables

https://youtu.be/CLgnpb1XmW4?t=37

#13 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

Eh, I don't mind it. I don't care if someone artystrikes my lone mech - why would I care if they're wasting cbills? Or are they? I mean, if it's effective, it's effective. *shrugs*

Hell, I drop arty even where there aren't any enemies to make them hesitate to go there, so I can cross an area safely.

Did your big clump of mechs all get arty striked repeatedly? Sad that you can't just all camp behind a nice rock in impunity? *shrugs* Anti-camping weaponry doesn't rustle my jimmies in the slightest, pugs tend to get too campy most of the time anyways.

Move - keep moving - and Arty isn't an problem. Bottle up, and you make yourself vulnerable to a known weapon.... so don't bottle up.

And really, not mechwarrior? Don't be daft. Artillery has been a part of mechwarrior/battletech forever.

With all the above said, I do agree we need more consumables, more options. Make choosing lots of artillery a harder choice because there are other great options to take, vs. being able to take two artillery + 3 other consumables if you want (noteworthy when there's only two other types of consumables, so you can take 2 arty, 2 of another type, and one of a third.

#14 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PosteWrecked Pianist, on 24 July 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

if you try moving side to side instead of forward in back it mitigates a lot of the "issue"

1. People can place it directly behind you
2. People can place it on objects or terrain directly above you
3. In the heat of focus you can easily lose reaction time

#15 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostMadHornet, on 24 July 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

1. People can place it directly behind you
2. People can place it on objects or terrain directly above you
3. In the heat of focus you can easily lose reaction time

Camp less?

I don't understand why people feel they should be perfectly safe when bottled up in a known position.

#16 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PosteWrecked Pianist, on 24 July 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

sandworm consumable?

#17 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostKhobai, on 24 July 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

need 1 strike per mech limit

thats still 48 strikes per team per fp match.

#18 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

...and while we're at it, let's limit the ammo for lurms to just 2 or 3 tons per mech.

But seriously, why limit airstrikes again? Give those aerospace jockeys something to do, I'm glad to have them back over the battlefield. They were the secret stars of MW2:Mercs. And a well placed airstrike that kills one or two enemy mechs is a nice thing.

View PostReaver2145, on 24 July 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Instead of limiting the bloody things I think the indicator should be done better.

Placing the airstrike in a way that the target doesn't see the red smoke is part of the fun.

Also, airstrikes and arty are nice to have when the reds stay packed and roll the ball of death. Or - as often mentioned - when folks play CampWarrior. They make the matches more interesting.

#19 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

thats still 48 strikes per team per fp match.

yeah but 48 is better than 144

#20 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostKhobai, on 24 July 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

yeah but 48 is better than 144

Both are pretty ridiculous...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users