#1 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

https://twitter.com/...617933030359041

Title is pretty much self explanatory. Personally, I think PGI should go with 2 mechs a month to finish up the rest of 2017. One guaranteed Clan and one guaranteed IS for each month to finish up the remainder of this year. I was never a big fan of waiting an entire month for each side to alternate from Clan to IS, especially in certain weight classes or mechs that may seem uninteresting to me or other players. That's my 2 cents.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 24 July 2017 - 09:26 PM.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Easily mech a month. I blame the 4 mech setup for the MCII walk animation.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

I'd like to be able to select which variant gets the special 30% C-Bill boost, because usually the variant that gets it sucks. :\

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

Since there was no IS heavy in the Civil War packs, the Argus would round out the collections nicely. Now that I have my Cougar and Uziel, I can't think of any single 'Mech I want more.

After that, lights all the way down, please. Piranha, Urbanmech IIC, Hollander, Razorback, etc... and give me some bloody Periphery 'Mechs! Brigand, Toro, whatever! The Clans and Inner Sphere are not the only factions in BT!

I would also prefer that PGI returned to including banked premium time with any future packs. The active time is already wasting because I had some unexpected meatspace crap drop on me... it would have been nice to wait until I knew I'd have at least a few solid weeklong gaming blocks to use that. Not that I don't already have a bunch of banked time, but it seems... unnecessary to be that grubby when anyone who bought a pack was already kind enough to pay for this free-to-play game.

It would also be fantastic is existing banked premium could be activated in one week blocks instead of one month.

Eh, who am I kidding? I'll gripe and moan, but every time there's a 'Mech that sets off my nostalgia minefield I'm gonna buy the damned thing. Curse my poor impulse control...

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 24 July 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#5 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

Maps.
And okay if you skip the mechs.

#6 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 24 July 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Easily mech a month. I blame the 4 mech setup for the MCII walk animation.

I understand the Mad Cat MK.2 die hards got hit hard with rushed content, but I don't think that it should be limited to only one mech a month from here on out. My vote still remains for 1 IS and 1 Clan, since we all know that the Piranha is coming sooner or later this year. So why limit choice options to the player base when each side can get a choice of either tech base, especially with all of the new choices of the Civil War era tech?

Think about it. If we even get a new mech for this month, that will limit the choices of 5 more mechs until the year is over. I'm not implying that PGI will be stopping any time soon after 2018 in terms of new content, but I am concerned how long until they permanently decide to stop releasing new mech content overall. We still have many unreleased mechs on the back burner that the players want to see before PGI makes that decision.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 24 July 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#7 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Mech a month would be better. It'd also be nice if they gave us an official poll of what we could vote for. Even if they gave us parameters for the upcoming month, it'd be nice to know there is an official channel with explanations of what can and can not be included in the next voting cycle and why.

#8 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:51 PM

One IS and one Clan per month is probably a good way to go about it.

#9 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

View Postjjm1, on 24 July 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

One IS and one Clan per month is probably a good way to go about it.

Yeah this sounds reasonable to me. Not as frantic for the devs to get four mechs done in time, but more mechs than just one a month.

#10 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

Flood his Twitter asking for new maps, not Mechs. Holy [expletive deleted], we're closing in on a full calendar year since the Terra Therma reboot was injected into the game. Think about that for a second.

#11 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

View PostSQW, on 24 July 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Maps.
And okay if you skip the mechs.

View PostFelbombling, on 24 July 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

Flood his Twitter asking for new maps, not Mechs. Holy [expletive deleted], we're closing in on a full calendar year since the Terra Therma reboot was injected into the game. Think about that for a second.

PGI makes their money off of new mechs, not maps. According to Russ from a previous town hall from awhile back, he clearly stated that new mechs do not affect other development areas of the game such as new maps. So why not have both?

#12 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 24 July 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

PGI makes their money off of new mechs, not maps. According to Russ from a previous town hall from awhile back, he clearly stated that new mechs do not affect other development areas of the game such as new maps. So why not have both?

Cause we dont seem to be getting both, only one, new mechs.

New maps keep people interested in playing which equates to more cash entering PGI's coffers as people will buy the latest and greatest mech to play on the new maps.

While technically a chicken/egg scenario we have more than enough mechs and no new maps for a loooooong time. Im pretty sure more people leave this game cause of bordem than pretty much anything else.

#13 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 24 July 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Cause we dont seem to be getting both, only one, new mechs.

New maps keep people interested in playing which equates to more cash entering PGI's coffers as people will buy the latest and greatest mech to play on the new maps.

While technically a chicken/egg scenario we have more than enough mechs and no new maps for a loooooong time. Im pretty sure more people leave this game cause of bordem than pretty much anything else.

Player retention sounds like more of an immersion issue with the game than it is a new map issue. I think if PGI attempted to add backstory with immersion to each of the major events with battletech, along with a bio behind the history of each mech chassis in game it would help alleviate the boredom. I think another problem is that MW:O devolved into an arena shooter instead of an immersive Battletech first person mech simulator game.

I'd rather have mech packs since at least they are virtual tangible items. If PGI offered some kind of monetized map pack system (going back to Russ's idea of a pre-paid Solaris Arena) instead of mech packs, then I think it will hurt the game even more in the long run. I don't want to have to pay for newer maps, even if that includes some kind of early access deal that everyone will eventually get down the road. Perhaps you should be asking PGI for newer maps along with newer mech packs, instead of suggesting x without the y?

#14 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

We shouldnt be paying for content like maps which should be coming out every month or 3, bugger solaris, this game is built on unit level combat, hence 12v12.

Dont get me wrong, the game still needs new mechs coming in but new maps will keep people interested. Immersion is a thing and the game could use some more but my money is on maps being worth more to the game in the long run.

Dont have twitter which is why I post in here.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 24 July 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#15 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

I vote for one 'Mech a month with high degree of polish.

12 'Mechs a year sounds pretty spot on.

#16 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

Idc bout maps because I know good an well most ppl will flood the same maps over and over unless the new map have no smoke trees and easy to see since it requires less brain work.

On topic two mechs a month is more reasonable. One IS one Clan.

#17 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

I'm game for one mech a month. Mostly, I'd like to see Clan get a 55 ton mech that can have endo, ferro, and max heat sinks installed in the engine. And for Inner Sphere... I'd like to see the Valkyrie and Crusader. Just to give Harmony Gold the middle finger.

#18 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

I'd say 2 mechs a month with a new map every 3-6 months.

#19 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

Mech of the month.

It sucks when a new pack comes out and you're not that interested in it, and instead of "well, maybe next month's 'mech will be neat" you're instead left to wait 4 months before caring again.

Also tacks on wait time until C-Bill release -- it's hard to get excited over some day driving a Nightstar, when it's still over a year til C-Bill release.

#20 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

I liked the Civil war launch to be honest. A small and big mech from both sides to choose from :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users