23 replies to this topic

#1 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

I didn't see it being mentioned in the Patch Notes, but was piloting my Hunchie 4P last night where I have 3 MedPulse and 6 Med and it felt hot, so I went into the Mechlab after the match and saw the Ghost Heat warning. Just confirmed it on Smurfy. *SIGH* That was one of my favorite builds. It was never OP or anything. Now I have to find a new build for my 4P. :(

#2 VirtualRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostAloha, on 26 July 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

I didn't see it being mentioned in the Patch Notes, but was piloting my Hunchie 4P last night where I have 3 MedPulse and 6 Med and it felt hot, so I went into the Mechlab after the match and saw the Ghost Heat warning. Just confirmed it on Smurfy. *SIGH* That was one of my favorite builds. It was never OP or anything. Now I have to find a new build for my 4P. Posted Image

Pretty sure they've been linked for a far back as I can remember... not a new thing

#3 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostVirtualRiot, on 26 July 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Pretty sure they've been linked for a far back as I can remember... not a new thing

They weren't for a long time until some of PGI played in MRBC and suddenly they realized that MPLs didn't have any ghost heat. Nevermind, I thought you were saying something else.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 July 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

They added it in in the last patch, guess when they added in ERMLs they noticed it.

#5 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

I think it's like 1 year and half pgi ruined my 8mpl top dog... :/

#6 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

would be nice, if people thought outside the box, and didn't pack as many lasers on as they could. I for one am glad they are linked for ghost heat.

#7 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostCoolant, on 26 July 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

would be nice, if people thought outside the box, and didn't pack as many lasers on as they could. I for one am glad they are linked for ghost heat.

Errr... it's a Hunchie 4P. ALL it has are energy hard points. So are a few others like the Black Knight. And as a medium, packing PPCs may not be as efficient.

#8 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostAloha, on 26 July 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Errr... it's a Hunchie 4P. ALL it has are energy hard points. So are a few others like the Black Knight. And as a medium, packing PPCs may not be as efficient.

6ml and 3ersl?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cfe0dc31e5c78a8

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 26 July 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#9 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

It seemed like common sense they would be linked. But I never noticed they weren't. Oh well. I was just using smalls or just alternating shots anyway. So no skin off my back : /

#10 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 July 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. Will play around with it tonight and see.

#11 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

I didn't see it being mentioned in the Patch Notes, but was piloting my Hunchie 4P last night where I have 3 MedPulse and 6 Med and it felt hot, so I went into the Mechlab after the match and saw the Ghost Heat warning. Just confirmed it on Smurfy. *SIGH* That was one of my favorite builds. It was never OP or anything. Now I have to find a new build for my 4P. Posted Image

Yeah I was running something similar last patch too. Nothing I try feels quite as good as that build did. For people wondering, it was mentioned in the patch notes.

Inner Sphere Medium Laser, Medium Pulse Laser, and ER Medium Lasers
• The standard, Pulse, and ER Medium Laser types now share a linked Heat Penalty group.

#12 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

Just throw 6 MPL into the hunch, a STD/LFE 275 (doesn't really matter which) and pack the rest with DHS. Add Endo and/or LFF to taste Posted Image

Not as effective as the 6 MPL HBK-IIC-A, but still capable of bringing the pain.

#13 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

December 2015 patch

Heat Scale has been properly added to the Inner Sphere Medium Pulse Lasers. The values have been set to the same as a normal IS Medium Laser. You can fire 6 at once with no heat penalty. Multiplier is set to 1.0.

https://mwomercs.com...38-01-dec-2015/

#14 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 July 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

What's the point in an LFE if a majority of your firepower will get cleaved off with that RT? I'd say you are probably better off just running an XL with 2 LPL and 5 ERML between the head and RT or 3 LL and 4 ERML depending on how you are feeling. I don't know how often you really lose that LT vs the RT but I suspect it's rare given the 4P's hitboxes.

That said, if you feel the LFE is better, I would go the route suggested by Jay, 6 MPL is probably more effective compared to the ML/ERSL build.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 July 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#15 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 July 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

What's the point in an LFE if a majority of your firepower will get cleaved off with that RT?

u won't die from removing RT.

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 July 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

u won't die from removing RT.

So? You have an ML and an ERSL, you aren't going to be contributing much to the fight with just those weapons. The days of zombie mechs being useful has long since passed.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 July 2017 - 01:20 PM.

#17 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 July 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

So? You have an ML and an ERSL, you aren't going to be contributing much to the fight with just those weapons. The days of zombie mechs being useful has long since passed.

but but but...... I'm too young to die!!!

#18 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

It was a bug not a feature. It would be like me to complain that it wasn't OP at all that UAC jam time nodes granted a reduction to jam chance also for a little while there, and that it was great fun for me and that its bogus to go back on what I was used to after that unintentional game mechanic was fixed.

You should have reported it, like the UAC jam chance was reported as obviously unintentional, and you wouldn't have gotten so used to what was an unintentional aspect of the game.

#19 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 26 July 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

It was a bug not a feature. It would be like me to complain that it wasn't OP at all that UAC jam time nodes granted a reduction to jam chance also for a little while there, and that it was great fun for me and that its bogus to go back on what I was used to after that unintentional game mechanic was fixed.

You should have reported it, like the UAC jam chance was reported as obviously unintentional, and you wouldn't have gotten so used to what was an unintentional aspect of the game.

Was it? All IS Small Lasers don't have ghost heat. Is that intentional? Or a bug?

#20 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostAloha, on 26 July 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Was it? All IS Small Lasers don't have ghost heat. Is that intentional? Or a bug?

I would say unintentional, but who knows really, it is probably more based around the lack of need for IS to even have ghost heats at that level, perhaps the mediums were like that too, it does seem like it if they were that way for so long. How many chassis like the nova does IS have access to. It doesn't mean they meant that players should be able to fire 16 IS small lasers with no ghost heat, just that there are no mechs capable of it? Again, I don't really know, but to me it feels like they should or will have ghost heat, perhaps it is just a slow process of change there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users