Plz Pgi Release A "legal Eagles" Mech Pack So We Can Say F U To Harmony Gold

27 replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

As someone who has had to feed lawyers in the past, you have my complete sympathy over this HG case.

IN FACT, I suggest you release a special "Legal Eagles" mech pack to support your legal costs. I'll buy it! Here are some suggestions for the following Legal Eagle mechs with some paint job ideas:

1) "The Intern" Raven RVN-LE -- has to do all the crap jobs - give it stacks of papers & pencils graphics

2) "The Paralegal" Phoenix Hawk PXH-LE -- sexy legs & bosom graphics - dare I say "nipple gun" ballistic hardpoints?

3) "The Prosecutor" Griffin GRF-LE -- (dual ballistics for each arm - missiles in torsos) a very offensive beast but well dressed, demon head w Armani suit

4) "The Defendant" Shadowhawk SHD-PGI -- (dual AMS & ballistic hardpoints for each torso) -- (need help on the graphics ideas)

5) "The Plaintiff" Locust LCT-HG -- good at killing others hard work -- only missile hardpoints (need help on the graphics ideas)

6) "The Bailiff" Victor VTR-LE -- (Dual Ballistic Arms) -- Sheriff style graphics & hat

7) "The Defense" Battlemaster BLR-FU -- (Big Armor Quirks & ability to mount AC20 in the arm) -- Small Image of every Unseen Mech designed by PGI

8) "The Judge" Banshee BNC-LE -- Dress it up like one of those English Judges with the wig and have gavel graphics on both arms, put missile arms on it similar to the Zeus

So here you go, you can release them as Hero Mechs with a $15 price tag each or as Legal Eagle bundles, your choice!

Of course, other users feel free to add your ideas to this thread! :)

#2 Fish Baby

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Very thoughtful and creative!

But NO.
Too silly and ridiculous.

#3 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostFish Baby, on 26 July 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

Very thoughtful and creative!

But NO.
Too silly and ridiculous.

Almost like all our politicians starting legal defense funds... at least in this case we get some fun mechs... why so serious? I'd love to kill someone in a Bailiff or Judge Posted Image

Edited by Gaussfather, 26 July 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#4 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

I'd buy it, but only if they go after HG. Not just defend themselves. But really shake up their hold on the IP so they never bother the battletech franchise again.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

I'd rather they released the rest of the unseens once this whole nonsense is over.

#6 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostGaussfather, on 26 July 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

As someone who has had to feed lawyers in the past, you have my complete sympathy over this HG case.

IN FACT, I suggest you release a special "Legal Eagles" mech pack to support your legal costs. I'll buy it! Here are some suggestions for the following Legal Eagle mechs with some paint job ideas:

1) "The Intern" Raven RVN-LE -- has to do all the crap jobs - give it stacks of papers & pencils graphics

4) "The Defendant" Shadowhawk SHD-PGI -- (dual AMS & ballistic hardpoints for each torso) -- (need help on the graphics ideas)

5) "The Plaintiff" Locust LCT-HG -- good at killing others hard work -- only missile hardpoints (need help on the graphics ideas)

So here you go, you can release them as Hero Mechs with a $15 price tag each or as Legal Eagle bundles, your choice!

Of course, other users feel free to add your ideas to this thread! Posted Image

5. The locust S http://LCT-3S Stock already covers the missile variant. Just don't use the ct ml slot. No way in hell would I spend real money esp 15$ for it. Low tonage means low ammo and missile count. Remember even with xl 190 max engine you still are forced to add 3 external heat sinks as it only has 7. Try lowering the engine means you must add more heat sinks. Not even the extra ammo in fire power skill tree makes me want to do missile only on the locusts. Far better off with lasers.

4. It would be interesting except you wouldn't have the tonnage for big dual ac builds. Even the K2 is ammo starved when going dual ac/guass and it has ten tons more weight. If you want the biggest damage on the s-hawk with ballistics try the heavy guass for that 25 ppd. I'd pay maybe ten bucks for it since it is only one mech.

1. The raven le you must have made up for this. Sarna list no such raven. As I have the 4x,Huginn and 3l not sure what hard points you could use to make your LE be very interesting without making the others obsolete. 4x can do ac 20 and has jump jets which makes it different than 3l in a big way. 3l is only raven so far in game with ecm. Huginn had god tier missile spam quirks which now are nerfed. mrm 40 on it is fun but troll build. Again not worth 15$

As with any light going full on missile,machine guns, or a combination of the two for hard points only really sucks. The mech will be ammo starved,can run dry fast, and loses the one thing that makes lights worth taking;their speed. A linebacker fully vested in mobility can go near 100-115kph. Other mediums can reach 90-110kph. Fast enough to get range on a sub 100kph light with ease.

if it were $15 for all the mechs and they had a small c-bill boost of 5-10% or the same as heroes they might be worth it. What really makes a mech 'good' to some one is the type of hard points,hard point placement and number of hard points. For example why would any one take the spider 5v ct only med lasers given they can take the 5d for ecm and a ml slot in the arm.

if you are saying to buy those mechs just for a different skin I doubt you'll find many takers. You'll need different hard points on the mechs to make them different than the variants already in the game along with c-bill or xp boost or both like how the Phoenix mechs have both lp and c-bill. The Sarah Jenner is just a copy of the Jenner D but with the sarah skin; it has the exact had points and layout of the normal jenner d. Granted it was for a special case.

Edited by JediPanther, 26 July 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#7 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

How about hero marauder "officer's pod" and archer "destroid spartan".

Edited by davoodoo, 26 July 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#8 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:20 AM

It should be a 4 pack of some of the unseens. Oh man would that set HG off. Posted Image

#9 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

All I'm saying is that if you have $$ invested in MWO then its going down the drain if HG wins... better to buy a mech pack and delay and defend... I read the docket and HG is going after all they can get, the vultures.

View PostArnold The Governator, on 26 July 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

It should be a 4 pack of some of the unseens. Oh man would that set HG off. Posted Image

Yeah I thought about that... don't know if PGI would want to do that but I'm cool with it. Give me a Marauder with ballistics in each side torso, and a Warhammer that has missile fists lol

#10 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

this latest bowt with HG is 21st century American terrorism
which is I threaten legal action unless you pay me money to go away

the Battle Tech universe is well established like Star Trek
did Star Trek sue Star Wars because both have star ships?

HG has already been paid off once and the fact that they seek more money shows there intentions
the way to fight them is fight fire with fire
yep that means counter suit
and if done by the fans of the BattleTech books, games, and video game, toys all the better

if the big companies see that people are behind this they would jump on board

JMTCW

Edited by Davegt27, 26 July 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#11 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostGaussfather, on 26 July 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

All I'm saying is that if you have $$ invested in MWO then its going down the drain if HG wins... better to buy a mech pack and delay and defend... I read the docket and HG is going after all they can get, the vultures.

Yeah I thought about that... don't know if PGI would want to do that but I'm cool with it. Give me a Marauder with ballistics in each side torso, and a Warhammer that has missile fists lol

I was actually referring to the unreleased unseens for the game, lol. Perhaps I should have stated that before posting. PGI should be safe with the Victor Musical Industries unseens since Harmony Gold does not own the rights to that artwork. HG would appear as fools if they cry about that artwork in front of the judge, and it would be additional ammo for PGI's lawyers. I'm not sure about the remaining unseen IS mechs like the Crusader and Longbow. We might have to wait a little longer on those until this whole thing gets dropped.

#12 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

If you want to contribute to their legal fund so much, no matter whether they need it or not, then just send them a check in the mail or something.

These threads are getting old & annoying fast.

#13 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostPjwned, on 26 July 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

If you want to contribute to their legal fund so much, no matter whether they need it or not, then just send them a check in the mail or something.

These threads are getting old & annoying fast.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

#14 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 26 July 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

How about hero marauder "officer's pod" and archer "destroid spartan".

The Spartan would be hard to pull off...

I'd need the following hard points:

3 B
4 E
2M

Both missiles would need 12 tubes, and be shoulder mounted... the three ballistic mounts would need to be clustered together, and look like they are close to the CT around cockpit location, same for two of the energy mounts... while the other two would need to retain their current position as high mounts...

Considering such a diverse load out for hard points, it's hard to not see how a Spartan variant couldn't be considered pay for advantage for the Archer chassis.

#15 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

Just something to ponder about - if PGI loses and gets fined into oblivion one would assume they'd also lose their grip on the license from MS.
I'd estimate that between the two games (this one and the HBS one) its been show that the franchise is still profitable so it'd not be all that crazy to MS or another studio to pick up the remains and build a new game without venturing into the areas that draw lawsuits from Harmony Gold.

From my point of view as someone that's spent quite a bit on the game just to never see the game part ever actually get developed, I'd honestly not be that bothered if it got sank so another (hopefully better) company could give it a go. I wouldn't give them any money for making bad business decisions they knew they were going to get sued for.

#16 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostPjwned, on 26 July 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Valid point. I don't think all these people consider that the fifty or so players who chimed "I'll buy that" dumping possible up to $100 each for those items will buy very little legal representation. It could also be used against them as it could be argued as a means of fostering resentment against HG, or encouraging defamation. Direct donations might circumvent those arguments.

You know what would shore up their funds to fend this off? Players returning and spending money. Let's work on that instead.

#17 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, lets ask for more mechs which is ofc what this game really needs right now instead of better balance, gamemodes that dont suck like FP or more maps, we just dont have enough mechs to choose from atm

Edited by Methanoid, 26 July 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#18 Calcite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Its easy.. I cannot buy MC anymore. Apparently I need a verification code that I didn't received.

#19 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

As an occasional whale, I wholeheartedly endorse this. HG has needed a finger in their eye for many years. I'll spend money on that.

Also, a Spartan would be great!

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

I am a simple man. I see "FU HG", I press like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users