4 replies to this topic

#1 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Do you think GXP and XP would be a good addition to an early adopter preorder?

I think it would. Having enough skill points to allocate them to your new mechs should be a must. As I'm sure most people would hate to buy a new mech and not be able to skill them for some time because they don't have the XP/GXP to skill them to play with optimally.

#2 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

Gaining experience points is, well, gaining experience with the mech. Imo, handing out the points would take away from the challenge of leveling up a mech

#3 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 26 July 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Gaining experience points is, well, gaining experience with the mech. Imo, handing out the points would take away from the challenge of leveling up a mech

Totally agree. Honestly it also helps you learn the mech because if you can make the mech work while it is unskilled, its performance is only going to improve once you master it. I don't want to call it a right of passage but in a way it is. Lastly, any game, not matter the game typically has to have some sort of progression mechanic. Without something to work for, people will typically lose interest and walk away for the slightest reason, however if you have to actually work for something, you become invested in it.

#4 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

No. Have bucketloads of GXP as is, and I want to actually learn to use my mech when I level it.

#5 Composite Armour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

As someone who doesn't have thousands of spare GXP or Skill points from the refund, I would like this or even just straight up skill points for the mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users