4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

We definitely need more ECM ‘Mech's in Faction Play. I care not as to how one does game-play or skill, it makes no difference. The Clans have ripped a page from the Inner Sphere playbook, and are using missiles by the truckloads!

Please take the time to look over the drop deck, and see how much tonnage one can spare for an ECM capable ‘Mech. Otherwise, talk to the weatherman about how much rain is in the game without your umbrella. :)

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostHawk819, on 27 July 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

We definitely need more ECM ‘Mech's in Faction Play. I care not as to how one does game-play or skill, it makes no difference. The Clans have ripped a page from the Inner Sphere playbook, and are using missiles by the truckloads!

Please take the time to look over the drop deck, and see how much tonnage one can spare for an ECM capable ‘Mech. Otherwise, talk to the weatherman about how much rain is in the game without your umbrella. Posted Image

Stalker 3FB, I now own 4 of 'em!

2x have ECM + 4 ERLL (good high mounts)

2x have ECM + 6MPL & 2 SRM6 (brawl mode)

Tempest: 3 ERLL (one CT 2 in one arm) & 2 SRM6 w/ LFE

I can drop with 2 stalkers, the Tempest and the ECM light I want...

#3 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

No we need more AMS!
MOAR AMS! :P

#4 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

I feel like this one comes down mostly to Catapract vs Hellbringer - the Cataphract is seldomly used while the Hellbringer is a 10ton lighter Timber Wolf (Comparable to the difference between Thunderbolt and Warhammer on the IS side).

Clan ECM Heavy is usefull -> shows up more -> clans have ECM more often (and with just 3-4 HBR most of their team is covered).

Similar to the Cataphract, the other inner sphere ECM heavy, the ARC-T (aside from costing MC), is not very usefull in FW due to the low cockpit, the low and wide arm hardpoints and not being XL safe.

For Assaults, you'll see the MAD-IIC more than the Atlas or Cyclops, and when you do, it's often the IS mechs being the variants without ECM.

So, here's an IS all ECM dropdeck:
Cyclops 90t
Archer/Cataphract 70t
Griffon 55t
Cicada 40t

total: 265t/265t
leftover: 0t

You could replace the Cyclops with an Atlas (100t) if you downgrade the Cicada to a <= 30t light (or the griffon to a phoenix hawk).
You could bring a second Cyclops instead of the heavy if you downgrade the Cicada to a <= 30t light.
You could bring a second Atlas instead of the heavy if you use Peanut Butter in place of the Cicada.
You could also go for 3x 70t heavy and a Cicada, leaving 5t unused.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

Less ECM, more better positioning.

Didn't feel like I needed ECM once in any matches I've played recently as IS (or Clan for that matter).

Hell we even had a Clan 12man try and NARC/LRM a bunch of PUGs... We still won.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users