Where Did All The Clan Units Go To?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

I remember it was quite common to drop and end up on teams with clan 4 mans, 6 mans, etc, but this seems much rarer now for some reason. Still see some clan units but almost all of them are solo or two man drops.

#2 Don T

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

There is an event going on you know?

Everybody is playing it... especially all those guys who stand still when trying to hit something at 400+ meters range.

Also most big merc units went for IS... you know... extra 25 tonnes on top of new long range weaponry.

#3 Stahlherz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

We're still here :D

#4 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

We were so OP, that PGInner Sphere kicked us out and so we returned to Arcadia for some R&R at its golden beaches :D

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

The game got stale. Many players got bored. The new tech and factions helped, but more depth of content is needed.

#6 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 30 July 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

I remember it was quite common to drop and end up on teams with clan 4 mans, 6 mans, etc, but this seems much rarer now for some reason. Still see some clan units but almost all of them are solo or two man drops.

Still around, doing the FP event and focusing on WC/NBT prep for the most part. Running 3 solid groups a night currently. Guess we're just not running in the same circles or something.

#7 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

There are many clan groups, but not like before.

#8 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

Im talking about dropping in faction play by the way...used to be quite common to see kcom/dsk small teams off the top of my head. Most of the time, clan groups are very small these days (in my experience at least). I think ive only seen a 6 man clan team once in the last few days.

#9 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 30 July 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Im talking about dropping in faction play by the way...used to be quite common to see kcom/dsk small teams off the top of my head. Most of the time, clan groups are very small these days (in my experience at least). I think ive only seen a 6 man clan team once in the last few days.

Right now both sides are dropping a significant amount of 10-12 man teams....so, if you aren't in a group like that you will never see the large group on your side.

#10 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 30 July 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Right now both sides are dropping a significant amount of 10-12 man teams....so, if you aren't in a group like that you will never see the large group on your side.

Why did people drop in smaller teams back then?

#11 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Because it was a means of recruiting people....before you actually had to pay exorbitant amounts of unit coffer C-bills to recruit people.

#12 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 30 July 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Why did people drop in smaller teams back then?

1. More activity by players during event means it's much easier to put together larger groups from your unit (or your unit + another unit). A couple of weeks ago we were doing 4-6 mans. Last night it was always 11-12 mans

2. When one side is dropping a bunch of 10-12 mans the other side will try to find a way to get full groups as well. Dropping as a 6 man + pugs is at a disadvantage when they face a full 12 man on the other side. So, you are more motivated to find a way to fill out your group

#13 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

This is no different to any other online game, given time the novelty wears off after a few years, many are still here but mainly the die-hards, you have other mech games out there now and people are slowly transitioning to them or finding other games, in the online gaming world this is just a normal progression, I also agree strongly with the comments from others that the new tech and mechs are good but the content needs a massive upgrade, new maps, terrains, battles on space stations, inclusion of A.I. opponents to really mix it up during a battle (two opposing teams needing to work together to defend against the A.I.'s and then fighting it out), and so many more, at the moment its the same repetitive thing, drop on planet x and fight in xy co-ordinates, over and over again, I would bet that if you listed every map in the game in a list then the players who have been here for a couple of years could tell you what co-ordinates they will fight in, the route they will use to go there and they will know within 3 minutes if they will win lose or draw, it is that repetitive, (YAWN's for effect).

#14 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

Our guys are still here. :P

But some of us have, you know, jobs. XD

#15 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostKHAN ATTAKHAN, on 10 August 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

This is no different to any other online game, given time the novelty wears off after a few years, many are still here but mainly the die-hards, you have other mech games out there now and people are slowly transitioning to them or finding other games, in the online gaming world this is just a normal progression, I also agree strongly with the comments from others that the new tech and mechs are good but the content needs a massive upgrade, new maps, terrains, battles on space stations, inclusion of A.I. opponents to really mix it up during a battle (two opposing teams needing to work together to defend against the A.I.'s and then fighting it out), and so many more, at the moment its the same repetitive thing, drop on planet x and fight in xy co-ordinates, over and over again, I would bet that if you listed every map in the game in a list then the players who have been here for a couple of years could tell you what co-ordinates they will fight in, the route they will use to go there and they will know within 3 minutes if they will win lose or draw, it is that repetitive, (YAWN's for effect).

Im sure getting beaten by units using direct fire all the time gets boring too ;p

Im seeing a lot of units consolidate and are now dropping as 10-12 mans as said above.

#16 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

Protip: Just because the tags don't match doesn't mean you aren't going up against a bunch of people in the same TS.

No one from my unit does faction, if anyone other than myself is even online...

We typically run a 6-12 with a mix of different units, some of which are just single pilots in their own one man merc unit.

Edit: Also, I've seen you in game. We try to make calls over ingame VOIP as much as possible, but its difficult because you either need two different push to talk buttons, or you need to mute TS to make a call. If I'm calling I try to stay out of VOIP, my right hand is crippled so my left hand is super task-saturated and its sometimes difficult for me to hit the extra button in the middle of a maneuver.

Edited by Prototelis, 02 September 2017 - 11:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users