So I Bought A Hunchback...

9 replies to this topic

#1 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Specifically the 4H. And I've been doing well with the stock loadout, at least 250 300 damage every match. But I'm wondering what the best possible builds are for it. All suggestions welcome!

#2 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

Ultra ac 10, 3 erml, Light 275 engine, laser ams.

Same set up as my G. I have tried everything on it since beta. This fits my style, can fight from a reasonable distance, hits pretty hard, mobile, added ams, runs cool enough most times. Can add some more heatsinks if you go smaller engine. I find the speed helps me more often than the heat reduction most times.

You could switch to the 250 engine and run two light PPC's. I think that is fun also.

Edit:

For me this is a 350 damage plus build. Kill about every other match. Survive about every other match. Over 50% win rate. I look at my job as harasser, or assault support. Light PPC's make it a bit more harasser type build, ERML more assault support. Its pretty good one on one against Heavy or assaults, decent against mediums, crapshoot against lights, depending on the pilot. You die fast if you get in the middle of a fray, just not durable enough. Its a stay on the edges mech.

Edited by slayerkdm, 30 July 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#3 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

LFE engines are just what the hunchie needed, and I love the UAC10. I'm fine with the 250 rated engines in a 50 ton chassis, but most like to get a bit more speed. This is about what I would do with it:

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...627b9ea64d2c9a2[/smurfy]

#4 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

I think the ERML might have more advantages (3 of them), over the ERSL. Often its personal preference, but the mix of the small lasers and the regular medium lasers, forces you into a very deadly range. Once again, just preference in most cases.

If you like closer combat, the light engines coupled with the AC20 and the ERML give a bit more range, and a more consistent punch. I ran it for a while, but in the present game, and the big alphas, you rarely can afford to be in optimum AC20 range.

Best of luck.

#5 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 31 July 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

LFE engines are just what the hunchie needed, and I love the UAC10. I'm fine with the 250 rated engines in a 50 ton chassis, but most like to get a bit more speed. This is about what I would do with it:

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...627b9ea64d2c9a2[/smurfy]

Raccoon has made a solid build suggestion. I can only suggest my personal preference with the following:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6b59b8c49e20107

The Hunchie is a solid, versatile chassis. You can do a lot with them once you find the build that fits your play style. The only difference of opinion I have to Raccoons build is the Mediums.

Most hunchies are brawlers. They need to be up in the middle of it, but like the 'G', you have to protect that Right Torso, so its a dance of Fire, twist, fire, twist, feint, fire, twist, etc.

With the UAC10 provides fair close/medium range, the ER-Smalls allows you to knife fight a little in between UAC jams or during an ammo crisis. To manage heat, split your weapon groups into arm lasers, torso lasers and main gun.

In addition to running a tiny bit cooler, the extra tonnage from dropping the mediums allows for a larger engine which, though not much, still improves speed and agility. You could, if so desired, drop the arm weapons completely, and torso mount 3 Small Pulses since the arms tend to blow off quickly are you are twisting.

Last thing you can try is stack your RT, RA and Head with all your weapons and Dead Side your whole left side. Dead siding the hunchie works best with the H and G.

Good hunting and enjoy!

#6 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

My current setup. Personally prefer to retain the 5 standard mediums.

HBK-4H

#7 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

I keep it classic: 3xERMLL and an AC-20. I even roll a standard engine. Has always served me well.

#8 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Wouldnt mind seeing some build variants for that myself as i havent tried the 4H yet, ive recently got the 4SP tho, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8fff84c28afde4e does ok with teammates nearby, so far without skills max'd to help out i perform quite poorly when caught on my own.

#9 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

I run a HBK-4G with a LB20 and some backup lasers. I am a sucker for the LB20 :P

#10 CJPowell1337

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...61bf263dc4b4f47

Not put this into effect but ive been looking for a decent RAC5 build. Doesnt look too bad on paper but theres probably another medium that could do it better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users