Since Pugs Love Missiles...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

why don't more people have AMS ? Is the 1.5 tons per mech really going to make that much of a difference if used on a heat sink ? Isn't 10 tons of free armor for yourself and the team better than a slight cooling boost ?

The ONLY matches I haven't encountered missile thunderstorms have been against big unit group drops. If the team AT ALL looks like a mixed bag of hammers... there is going to be a lot of mechs where the main weaponry involves missiles.

AMS works on... LRMs, SRMs, Streaks, NARCs, ATMs, MRMs, and RLs. If they somehow made it work on the RNG jesus box of strikes... I suspect people still wouldn't equip them often enough.

(historical note... the Sea Wolf point defence missile used on British warships since the early 80s in development testing successfully intercepted naval 4.5" gunfire).

#2 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

I bring AMS and/or ECM whenever possible, but unfortunately one person is never enough. Please, let more AMS KFX exist!

#3 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

Because walls, mountains ect do just as good a job as ams and don't cost any tonnage, it also allows me more cooling to shoot more and kill the lurmers quicker.

#4 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 02 August 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Because walls, mountains ect do just as good a job as ams and don't cost any tonnage, it also allows me more cooling to shoot more and kill the lurmers quicker.

To paraphrase a poker saying:

"If you look around the field and can't tell who is the Lurm target... you're probably it."

Most maps do offer some sort of cover for the situationally aware player.

Just don't run out in the open without knowing what you are doing, where you are going, and where the enemy is.

Oh, and I usually run a 3 ECM deck loaded with ERLL... been FEASTING during this event with ridiculously inflated damage scores...

Do consider all-ecm decks when not dropping with a group... it may keep you alive a bit longer....

Edited by UrbanTarget, 02 August 2017 - 02:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users