Cw Dropdecks

12 replies to this topic

#1 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

With the new tech comes a new dropdeck. At least for me.
I couldn´t find suggestions for one so i´ll post mine. Maybe it helps others.
Suggestions to improve it are welcome.

Cold Maps:

Battlemaster 2C
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...64428cdeb5c3afe

Battlemaster 1G
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b2f7212b77b0214

Hunchback 4P
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...042a12f6e2f33b9

Blackjack 1X 45
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d0ce4f194443b1a

Hot Maps:

Banshee 3E
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...29cfc9f97c3e345

Jagermech DD
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...87c36aba1a523e1

Enforcer 5P
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...95705f05cac6707

Bushwacker HR
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...806a932e5872b76

Notes:
The Banshee has some useless weapons because you need them to push the important ones to the high mounts.

The hot map deck is very brawly, because i feel like trading on long ranges against clans is not a good idea in most cases. If i need to (like on boreal) i have some ERPPC builds to mix in.

I like medium lasers and medium pulse lasers in brawling situations for accuracy. The MRMs in the battlemasters are for suppressing, generators or when you just need all the firepower you can get in a 1v1 Situation. They always find that open Torso aimed or not and they do blind the enemy. Just don´t rely on their range. They don´t work well within their theoretical middle range.

Other options for cold maps are Thunderbolts, Grasshoppers (i just can´t make the Grasshoppers work for me, but they should be pretty good on paper and others pilot them well...just not me.)

Hunchback and Blackjack are debatable, but i do wonders in them.

The hot map deck has more range, just because it comes with the UAC5s. I tried other options like dual RAC 5 builds and UAC10 builds. The RAC 5 is cool and can be deadly against pugs. Against better teams you won´t get much targets. The UAC10 builds are too hot for me. Just can´t make them work. But if you can try the Warhammer.

I piloted Maulers for a long time, but for me somehow they don´t have the punsh they had (Did the quirks get nerfed?). But if you like them they still make good AC and UAC builds for hot maps.

I´m not absolutely sure about the Bushwacker, but somehow it works for me. Other options with 55 tons would be a Shadowhawk. Got one with an UAC20 and it is pretty good.

Don´t underestimate the Enforcer. That thing is a beast. At least try it.

I still try to find a spot for the Roughneck. It could go in all decks as a UAC build, a LPL build or even am ERPPC build. The energy hardpoints are lovely and the UAC quirks too.

Edited by Der Hesse, 04 August 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#2 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

May need to adjust your tonnage soon down to 250: https://twitter.com/...598235122814977

#3 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Doesn´t seem like that will happen.

#4 LordLeto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

For your hot map drop one or two of the battlemasters. They're good, don't get me wrong, but you can bring 1 assault and 2 heavies with a light in the 4th slot. If you drop the other battle master you can do 3 hvys and a medium. Those are more well rounded decks that aren't front loaded. With the tonnage as it is now the IS has better staying power, this is eliminated if you front load.

Heavies to consider: Grasshopper, Warhammer, Black Knight, for 3 hvys and a medium
Rifleman, roughneck, Plus one of the above if you still want to frontload a little and keep a battle master.
All in laser vom builds for unity of play style. 2LPL and 4-6 ML or 1lpl and 5-7ml work well with LFEs.

Medium is to your taste for the most part, a fast brawler is encouraged though.

Same treatment for your ballistic/hot deck. Drop the Banshee for a heavy and bump the enforcer up to a heavy. Jager got buffed from new tech(LFE), but look to add a MAD or a WHR to accompany it. Bushwhackers are highly regarded and I would keep it over the enforcer. But that can be your preference. In both decks getting down to your 4th mech means something went wrong.

For your specific builds, drop the mrms on the battlemasters, bring LPLs instead. Not ammo dependant, quick and almost pinpoint damage for the same range(and then some). For the Energy mediums, remember MPL and ML ghost heat got unified at 6 of any combination, so the old buzz saw BJ build isn't as effective as it once was. Same for the hunchie.

Consider switching from 2 uac5s to 3-4 uac2s on the Banshee, that'll let you bring a LFE and move faster if you want to keep your Banshee.

Also see if there are effective LFE builds for your Bushie, it's always been relatively XL safe, but you might be able to squeeze in more survival for a little does or speed. Up to you.

Edited by LordLeto, 13 August 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

Sadly most of those builds are quite simply inefficient and poorly thought out. They are just not properly effective.

Especially IS Med lasers. They are essentially dead since IS ERML were release (use ER, always). And MRMs are just a waste of tonnage. The 4P is far too hot, if you get pushed by the enemy you're unable to get any sustained damage out.

A BLR2C should look something like THIS - efficient, synergy on weapons and ranges. I mean normally I would LPL and XL it, but that is not generally new player friendly. The above build is. Also the 1G, take out a DHS and put another ERM if you want, works fine heat wise

#6 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

Regular lasers have a place in brawling builds where they are not the centerpiece weapons. IS DHS still take up loads of space so you have the tonnage, lack the space, and are a brawler based on missiles or ACs regular lasers can be a solid complement that allows one to sustain damage and more effeciently manage heat.

And an XL in an assault? If you're doing that your load out is for stat padding only as you're obviously not tanking damage in offensive pushes in support of the team.

Edited by Gaius Cavadus, 16 August 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#7 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

XLs in assaults aren't always stupid... Take the BLR, so many options. It's got great mobility/twist, HP quirks, high hardpoints and fat shield arms. Notice in the 2c build above all that armour on arms with just heat sinks. Wub, wub, tiwst. Tank and roll that fire. Do that well and and XL 5 lpl version is totally viable.

Works best in teams obvs, tell EVIL or anyone that plays serious fp that XL BLR isn't worth it and get laughs.

Oh, and the 6 ERLL 1G can pin half a team on it's own and pour it on anything that peeks, worth an XL for that 2nd line poke.

I tried a 2c with lfe, erml and mrm, dual ams, feels weak and random. (the one with XL still has 3 lpl and a hppc for lols, also dual ams because omg missiles recently)

I'll agree that in assaults XL can be bad, but in the right assaults they are such a yes.

#8 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostLordLeto, on 13 August 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

For your hot map drop one or two of the battlemasters. They're good, don't get me wrong, but you can bring 1 assault and 2 heavies with a light in the 4th slot. If you drop the other battle master you can do 3 hvys and a medium. Those are more well rounded decks that aren't front loaded. With the tonnage as it is now the IS has better staying power, this is eliminated if you front load.

Heavies to consider: Grasshopper, Warhammer, Black Knight, for 3 hvys and a medium
Rifleman, roughneck, Plus one of the above if you still want to frontload a little and keep a battle master.
All in laser vom builds for unity of play style. 2LPL and 4-6 ML or 1lpl and 5-7ml work well with LFEs.

Medium is to your taste for the most part, a fast brawler is encouraged though.

Same treatment for your ballistic/hot deck. Drop the Banshee for a heavy and bump the enforcer up to a heavy. Jager got buffed from new tech(LFE), but look to add a MAD or a WHR to accompany it. Bushwhackers are highly regarded and I would keep it over the enforcer. But that can be your preference. In both decks getting down to your 4th mech means something went wrong.

For your specific builds, drop the mrms on the battlemasters, bring LPLs instead. Not ammo dependant, quick and almost pinpoint damage for the same range(and then some). For the Energy mediums, remember MPL and ML ghost heat got unified at 6 of any combination, so the old buzz saw BJ build isn't as effective as it once was. Same for the hunchie.

Consider switching from 2 uac5s to 3-4 uac2s on the Banshee, that'll let you bring a LFE and move faster if you want to keep your Banshee.

Also see if there are effective LFE builds for your Bushie, it's always been relatively XL safe, but you might be able to squeeze in more survival for a little does or speed. Up to you.

Can´t say anything you mentioned is wrong. And i tried most of it. Before i took my last break from the game i used a 3 heavy 1 med decks with LPL/ML and UAC5 builds. Or 1 assault, 2 heavy, 1 light decks. I used most of the mechs you mentioned plus thunderbolts. Just wanted to try something new with the new tech. Quite possible that i will go back to those.

I kind of like the MRMs, but don´t get me wrong....i know exactly how bad they are for fighting mechs if the enemy pilot knows what he is doing. But for me there is nothing more necessary for most enemys then 6 ML and if the enemy does a piloting mistake the MRMs are a nice addition. And there is nothing better for turrets or generators. The Batllemasters i used before the new tech were exactly the LPL/ML builds you talk about. Quite possible i will go back to those one day.

I´m aware of the ghost heat change. Still use the Hunchback and BJ like this because i like to have some lasers as second shot after i opened a component or just in case there is a good opportunity when my main weapongroup has still cooldown.

I will try the UAC2 Banshee. Didn´t think those UAC2s were useful, but if you say so i will give them a chance.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 13 August 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Sadly most of those builds are quite simply inefficient and poorly thought out. They are just not properly effective.

Especially IS Med lasers. They are essentially dead since IS ERML were release (use ER, always). And MRMs are just a waste of tonnage. The 4P is far too hot, if you get pushed by the enemy you're unable to get any sustained damage out.

A BLR2C should look something like THIS - efficient, synergy on weapons and ranges. I mean normally I would LPL and XL it, but that is not generally new player friendly. The above build is. Also the 1G, take out a DHS and put another ERM if you want, works fine heat wise

Efficiency of the builds will strongly depend on the pilot, his playstyle and the mode. So i think you are exaggerating here.

I absolutely don´t think ML are dead. They are cooler then ERML and therefore the better brawling weapon for sustained damage. The slightly higher range is irrelevant against clans most of the time. If i can get in range for those i also can get in range for MLs. Though the synergy in range and cooldown with the LPL is indeed tempting and i use this in my Roghneck to great profit. But it lacks alphadamage and therefore only works situational. I for my part like to take out an enemy in 1-2 well aimed alphas and torso twist or get into cover to cool down when needed. Can´t do that in your BLR build.

And just in case you missed it....i´m very far from beeing a new player. ;)

View PostGaius Cavadus, on 16 August 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Regular lasers have a place in brawling builds where they are not the centerpiece weapons. IS DHS still take up loads of space so you have the tonnage, lack the space, and are a brawler based on missiles or ACs regular lasers can be a solid complement that allows one to sustain damage and more effeciently manage heat.

And an XL in an assault? If you're doing that your load out is for stat padding only as you're obviously not tanking damage in offensive pushes in support of the team.

Jup, ML still good. But i would even say they are quite good as primary weapon. The XL Battlemaster was my best mech in CW before the new tech. 3 LPL and rest ML. Pretty strong and the XL is not a real problem if you twist enough. Most enemys puke their damage all over your mech without thinking. And even most that try to aim don´t wait for you to show your front if it´s not a 1/1 situation.

#9 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

Can anyone post the 'meta' dropdecks for each playstyle?
There as a bit of talk about the difference in hot maps (where you use ballistics) and cold maps (where you can use laser vomit) above, but surely ths could be explanded upon?

What would you recommend a player new to FP should start out with?
Heavy/Heavy/Heavy/Med is a given, since the power curve doesn't drop as steep as other decks, but what specific deck could a new player build and be usefull with?

I'll just leave this here (good post on recommended builds and drop composition):
https://mwomercs.com...eck-composition

Edited by Exilyth, 28 August 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#10 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostExilyth, on 28 August 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Can anyone post the 'meta' dropdecks for each playstyle?
There as a bit of talk about the difference in hot maps (where you use ballistics) and cold maps (where you can use laser vomit) above, but surely ths could be explanded upon?

What would you recommend a player new to FP should start out with?
Heavy/Heavy/Heavy/Med is a given, since the power curve doesn't drop as steep as other decks, but what specific deck could a new player build and be usefull with?

I'll just leave this here (good post on recommended builds and drop composition):
https://mwomercs.com...eck-composition

While I appreciate your question, the truth is it simply isn't that simple because its not just bring certain mechs to certain maps in certain modes because there are diverse playstyles and organized teamplay considerations.

There are players that will bring frickin laser vomit to Terra Therma and wreck face or spl on Polar...

"meta" is simple taking a particular chassis and maximizing its efficacy for a particular loadout. That means absolutely nothing if the pilot doesn't know what to do with it.

As a pilot you have to look at the loadouts and determine which ones are in your comfort zone until you are comfortable playing in pretty much anything.

Edited by MovinTarget, 28 August 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#11 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

I'm sure we could find some rough guidelines, e.g. a dropdeck for defense doesn't need to be as fast.

There's a good thread about dropdecks going on here btw: https://mwomercs.com...-is-drop-decks/

#12 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

My drop deck.

4x Catapult K2:

- 2 Gauss
- 2 ER medium lasers
- AMS
- Targeting computer 1

#13 MechWarrior5367362

Banned - Cheating

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

If your computer is too potato to handle hitscan weapons (mine is):

A) 3 x Black Widow, 1 x Griffin 2N/3M

B- Quad UAC5 Sleipnir, Black Widow, Dual UAC10 Reaver, ASN-21

C) 2 x Black Widow, Dual UAC10 Reaver, Dual UAC10 Quickdraw IV-4,

D) Black Widow, 3 x Javelin 10P (dedicated Conquest deck, if you're assigned to capping and light v. light combat).

E) Black Widow, Dual ER PPC Grasshopper 5N, UAC 10/Dual PPC Mjolnir, Dual PPC or ER PPC Griffin 2N (PPC-based IS decks are mediocre, but if lasers are not an option, something like this is as good as you can do if you absolutely must have a truly long range deck; mostly you should learn to live with AC5/UAC5 optimal and max range).

Edited by The Weka, 24 September 2017 - 11:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users