Banshee 3M High Mounts?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Donega1

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

I am trying to put 2 Heavy PPCs on the RT and no matter how I drop the weaponry into the MechLab the PPCs end up in the lower mounts. Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks!

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

Did you try putting another weapon in the torso with it, and switch which one is on top in the slot listing? If you did and it's not moving, PGI may have it set to not be able to put it in the top mounts. (possibly no models made for that arrangement)

#3 Donega1

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, I tried filling in other weapons first and also putting the PPCs first and others under them. Same placement each time.

#4 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

Unfortuantely, the only way to get PPCs in the high mounts is to fill the slots up with PPCs. You can't "bump" PPCs up with lasers, flamers, or TAG. This is presumably for balance purposes (though ironically, you can now "bump" a UAC/20 into the high mount with light machine guns, even though you can't do the same for a regular AC/20).

Here's a tutorial I did on Banshee hardpoints. It's a bit outdated and doesn't cover new tech, but is still mostly correct.

#5 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

If you want a giggle, try 6 LPPCs on the HBK-4P. Last I tried it, the first 3 look fine, then the 4th dangles awkwardly from the hunch, then the 5th and 6th get a laser texture! You also can't get 2 in the top mounts, either, they default to the first column of mounts.

#6 Donega1

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

Thanks Takashi. Bummer about the hardpoints but thanks for the tutorial.

#7 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Part of the issue possibly also stems from the way - in particular, the size - the PPC is modelled on a Banshee, and that it's physically too big to fit onto a shoulder mount

#8 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

What about on the Banshee-E? 2UAC5+Peeps? Those peeps gonna be stuck down low or up high?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users