18 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

So, it had been years since I pulled the Ilya Muromets out of the garage, or at least, it felt like returning to an old friend. The armor values retained, the overall bulkiness of the damned thing, lost to time like knights of old, the Ilya Muromets found a new lease on life with the advent of new ballistics to boat. While fairly ludicrous, the 3 RAC/5 build served as a stepping stone towards a much more sustainable and menacing setup that focused on being a second-line suppressor.

I present to you, the Murdermets.
ILYA MURDERMETS

In most cases, most mechs less than 80t shouldn't or can't exactly fit 3 ballistics comfortably and maintain a reasonable speed. If the team is pushing aggressively, this mech can afford to be in the fray, despite the vulnerabilities of an XL280 engine. The amount of fire being thrown down range means that the enemy is going to want to move out of the line of sight or be opened up like a can of tuna, the meaty bits being exposed to the hungry scavengers in tow.

On its own, it's not much, but following an aggressive team that has reasonable space to maneuver means this mech will perform quite well.

The report of 2 UAC-10 volleys in the midst of the constant drumming of the RAC/5's is a satisfying audio sensation as you're mincing the enemy's armor to bits.

Thanks to the armor quirks of the Cataphracts, this mech can still take its fair share of hits, rotating out when other mechs have fewer battle scars. Yes, it's a barn. No, that shouldn't deter you from giving it a run if you still have one sitting in your garage. The actual front armor with those values ends up being RT: 80/6, CT: 120/6, and LT: 80/6 after investing in the survival tree, which is substantial for a mech that acts as a mobile machine gun.

As for the skill tree, focus on grabbing all the juicy ammo nodes in the firepower tree, make sure to nab all the necessary survival nodes, and ensure that you have some twistiness to shrug off most hits.

Edited by Vaskadar, 09 August 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#2 Laserhupe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Raging Lotus
  • Raging Lotus
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTreasure Beach

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

not only ur text is priceless. that build is a ****hole of fun! Posted Image

#3 Torothin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

I think you are better off with 2 UAC/!0's and 3 medium lasers. That's my fitting as of right now and it does really well. The IM is a beast.

#4 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostTorothin, on 09 August 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

I think you are better off with 2 UAC/!0's and 3 medium lasers. That's my fitting as of right now and it does really well. The IM is a beast.

You could do the 2 UAC-10 build on the 3D but with more mediums. The point of the IM is to fit as many ballistics as possible, lol.

#5 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Damn.

I might have to buy a third one.

#6 Torothin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Full transparency I did 3 UAC 5's with 2 small lasers and I wasn't happy with the damage during fights. I will say this though. This mech can take way more of a beating than a TBR or at least bit seemed that way to me. Great mech all around.

#7 Flushot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

Running the 3D with 2 RAC5's and 4 MLs has been doing stellar for me.

#8 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Been having a LOT of fun with the loyalty variant, the 3LL with a standard 280 a UAC20 and 4 ERMLs - go big on the survivability and agility skill trees and with the MASC you can nip out, wreck face and nip back into cover quickly. It is a tank and a half now. I have stared down Mad Cats with this thing!

The Phract is definitely back.......

#9 o0m9

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

View PostColonel Clunge, on 14 August 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Been having a LOT of fun with the loyalty variant, the 3LL with a standard 280 a UAC20 and 4 ERMLs - go big on the survivability and agility skill trees and with the MASC you can nip out, wreck face and nip back into cover quickly. It is a tank and a half now. I have stared down Mad Cats with this thing!

The Phract is definitely back.......
The loyalty variant is a blast. Running it with two snubs and an AC/20 and cramming the largest LFE I can fit in it after MASC and heatsinks. The snubs sync up nicely with the AC/20's range and projectile speed, letting me put 40 damage pretty much wherever I want. The MASC makes it a mean brawler too.

Edited by o0m9, 25 September 2017 - 12:07 AM.

#10 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

I've got a load of 'phracts with that one being an exception. I've thought about picking it up several times but have always balked for some reason or another. Perhaps I'll have to just pull the trigger and make it rain lead.

#11 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

View Posto0m9, on 25 September 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

The loyalty variant is a blast. Running it with two snubs and an AC/20 and cramming the largest LFE I can fit in it after MASC and heatsinks. The snubs sync up nicely with the AC/20's range and projectile speed, letting me put 40 damage pretty much wherever I want. The MASC makes it a mean brawler too.

I've recently had a lot of fun in my loyalty version also. Heavy Gauss, 5 ER mediums, MASC, and the largest standard engine that fits!

#12 Lance Ninja

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:14 AM

I've been murdering with a dual gauss, dual ER medium laser build. XL 295 with 6 tons of ammo and max armor. Stay with the slow fatties and you'll do fine.

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

I admit I have not given much love lately to my 'Phracts or my Black Widow 'Hammer.

#14 o0m9

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

For whom it may concern, the Loyalty 'Phract can now reach a blistering 95.5 KPH with a 300 LE and MASC. It's kind of silly.

#15 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

View Posto0m9, on 11 April 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

For whom it may concern, the Loyalty 'Phract can now reach a blistering 95.5 KPH with a 300 LE and MASC. It's kind of silly.

I had way too much fun with this CTF-3L build a couple weeks back. I think it was over 103kph with MASC. I backed it down to a 330 LFE to add some more heatsinks but it's still ridiculously fast for a 70 ton mech.

#16 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

View PostRuccus, on 12 April 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

I had way too much fun with this CTF-3L build a couple weeks back. I think it was over 103kph with MASC. I backed it down to a 330 LFE to add some more heatsinks but it's still ridiculously fast for a 70 ton mech.

That thing looks like it would be a lot of fun... I wonder how a FP deck with 3 of those + a BSW missile brawler would work in faction play on conquest. Kinda like an IS version of the Linebacker rush...

#17 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

I've been doing Dual Gauss + 3 ER Medium Lasers, but I'm not really happy with the speed an LFE250 provides. I'll be trying out 3x RAC/2 + 3 Medium Lasers and an LFE280.

#18 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

The CTF's armor quirks make it very durable; Jagermechs and Warhammers may also carry pick guns but can't take the hits the 'phract can. My favorite is still the 3D. Two LBs or two UAC5s still work better for me than the new 3060 tech ballistic weapons. I did swap in a LFE and UAC10 on the 0X model.

#19 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

View PostElizander, on 19 June 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

I've been doing Dual Gauss + 3 ER Medium Lasers, but I'm not really happy with the speed an LFE250 provides. I'll be trying out 3x RAC/2 + 3 Medium Lasers and an LFE280.

This is how you IM...

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

FIVE (a bit crap TBH, but could work based on quirks)

SIX

SEVEN.1 SEVEN.2

Some of the high number builds, are me purely mech-labbing off the top of my head without testing, I know the mech(lab) well so there is no reason they shouldn't work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users