Is It Worth To Switch From Scr-Prime To Scr-B?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pa1nter

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Hello,
I'm new to the game and the first mech I bought was SCR-Prime, didn't really know what I was doing, I just liked the idea of having long range armament.
But now I'm running it with C-UAC/20 (on LA SCR-B OmniPod) with 6 t of ammo, supported by 3 C-ER ML, and I really like it. But without the full set of SCR-B OmniPods I don't get the UAC jam chance reduction, and you can't switch the CTorso OmniPod, so I was wondering if it's worth spending 11,5 kkk on another SCR for the quirk, selling the one I have, because I don't really have free mech bays and abundance of C-Bills.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:07 AM

Just a little advice: Never sell mechs.

Wait for an event to get an extra mechbay or two, then get additional mechs. C-bills will come, don't sell mechs to get c-bills. (unless you have multiples of the same variant, then keep at least 1 of each variant)

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:58 AM

if you sell the prime you loose half its value, and quirks can change, there is nothing to say that when the next patch happens in 10 days the quirks will not change.

Buy for the hardpoints, for nostalga of for for the Mechs looks, as those things have very little chance of ever changing.
I advise against buying specificaly for quirks because they change a few times a year, and there is no way of telling when they will change and what to (although if a Mech is realy popular that is an indication that it may soon have its quirks reduced).

#4 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

UAC Jam chance reduction?

Somebody can correct me if wrong, but I do not think any of the Stormcrow variants or omni-pods get any quirks, so don't sweat it, you are not missing out on anything.

I sold two mechs once and I regretted it, 'never sell mechs' is a good guideline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users