[No I Am No Trolling] Nerf The Good Team/players Please

182 replies to this topic

#1 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

in QP solo queue so often (i'd say ~70% of games) that the opposite team get better players, or better teamwork to smash my team, we need some sort of mechanism to balance the potato/solo teams and the coordinated units, i can think of two methods,

1. Put "penalty weight" on good players
- Increase the heat generates when they fire their guns;
- increase the crit chance when they have some component exposed;
- decrease the damage dealt by their weapons

2. Limiting the effectiveness of team communication
- Introduce consumables/equipment that can jam the communication (text/voip) of the opposite team (for example, mech within ECM range of the opposite team (in disrupt mode) disallows one to send any wheel command/ voip or text message until he/she get out of the ecm effective range.

Until we have some sort of remedy, the gaming experience in solo queue wont improve......

Update: Based on suggestions, I changed the config of the PC with a significant FPS improvement from ~20-30 to ~45-60, which resulted in a obvious gaming difference including aiming accuracy. It seems a proper level of hardware is essential to play the game properly.

Edited by ingramli, 04 August 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#2 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

You/we are simply dealing with a low player population. There is now way to fix it other than redo a lot of the changes that PGI has implemented that make players not want to play.

#3 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Matchmaker isn't accurate enough to track who are actually good players and who are just riding the coattails of better players. Sometimes people do well because someone else called a push and called targets. That doesn't make them good players per se. The same people might not do as well without someone coordinating.

Are you going to suggest blocking voip and chat as well?

#4 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Firstly ... Lol?
This would just lead to every good player create smurf accounts to which his penalty does not apply.
Would you like to create a smurf account every time you hit Tier 1?
MWO would look this like:
Posted Image

Secondly, about limiting communication. Team games revolve SOLELY around good communication.
You have never been on a good team with a good drop leader I presume.
Otherwise you would not want to reduce communication.

So my recommendations for you are:
1.Git gut
2.Git gut team.

Edited by Antares102, 03 August 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#5 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 03 August 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Are you going to suggest blocking voip and chat as well?

Not exactly blocking, but there should be number of ways that limit the effectiveness of it, making it somehow less reliable and players have to make their own judgement more often, and increase the randomness, bringing more chance for lesser players to stand against the good players.

#6 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

So what your saying is you want to penalise players for playing as a team, or trying to unify the members of a Q.P side, in a team game ?

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

You know the easy solution to this... group up and stop playing in the solo queue. Even a random person that you just met in a Teamspeak lobby someplace will improve your performance, as you are now playing in a match where everyone WANTS to communicate.

Your proposal... punishing people for being good at the game? No. We should educate the new players rather than penalizing the established players (who are likely the ones spending money and keeping the game alive).

#8 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

View Postingramli, on 03 August 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Not exactly blocking, but there should be number of ways that limit the effectiveness of it, making it somehow less reliable and players have to make their own judgement more often, and increase the randomness, bringing more chance for lesser players to stand against the good players.

There is nothing stopping people from using 3rd party programs like mumble or ventrillo.

#9 fogsworth

• PipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

They could put bad pilots into a game that is secretly filled with 23 bots that are programming to let the player win. The game would play sound samples from real players like "nice shot!", "Thanks for those LURMS!", or "We couldn't have done it without you, <PLAYER 1029999>".

Edited by fogsworth, 03 August 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#10 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostCathy, on 03 August 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

So what your saying is you want to penalise players for playing as a team, or trying to unify the members of a Q.P side, in a team game ?

Making things more random. In real game, a better "team" smash the lesser team in near 100% chance (or at least 99%). I'd say make the lesser team stand some chance (may be ~20-30%) by making their communication "not always work", or make the better players do more damage before they can destroy the potato, giving the potato some chance to shoot back and do some damage.

#11 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Your first mistake was assuming there's any form of matchmaking beyond "first come, first served" going on. Those of us that have been here a while have seen PGI fail at matchmaking over and over again.

The only thing the "matchmaker" does is put teams together based on it's own "prediction." It "predicts" one to win and one to lose. The outcome of the match is what determines your rise through the different tiers. That's the way it's always worked. With the population the way it is, it is rarely wrong. Not hard to put all the guys with unit tags on one team and the ones without on the other.

#12 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Sorry I just can't agree with such overbearing levels of micro management. : /

If you're having bad games. Pay attention to your team as much as your enemy. Try to group up with them at all times. If there is a push, use "Target spotted" command in hopes of getting people to fire on the same target. If you see a big push of enemy and it's only you and one other guy on that side, run the hell out of there. It's all about local superiority and both of you dying is not worth it.

Play like your enemy are Clanners, your team are Davions, and you're the only Liao.

#13 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:44 AM

View Postingramli, on 03 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

in QP solo queue so often (i'd say ~70% of games) that the opposite team get better players, or better teamwork to smash my team, we need some sort of mechanism to balance the potato/solo teams and the coordinated units, i can think of two methods,

- Introduce consumables/equipment that can jam the communication (text/voip) of the opposite team (for example, mech within ECM range of the opposite team (in disrupt mode) disallows one to send any wheel command/ voip or text message until he/she get out of the ecm effective range.

Until we have some sort of remedy, the gaming experience in solo queue wont improve......

And all this $h1t because you don't want to L2P and gitgud?

Academy is waiting for you.

#14 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Yes, you are trolling.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

or maybe a zero-sum PSR that allows the MM to more accurately set the teams?

Because this idea, trolling hot garbage or not, is truly an ill-thought, incredibly selfish, nonsensical piece of silliness.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 03 August 2017 - 09:55 AM.

#16 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

Your problem is you.

#17 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

"No I'm not trolling" sounds just like something a troll might say. Posted Image

Anyway, you'd just piss off good players until they leave the game and kill the population, those who don't leave will create smurf accounts and crush new players even more often and drive off even more people. Also limiting team communication would just lead people to use out of game voice programs like they do already, you'd only be weakening players who aren't taking it an extra step.

Really what you should be doing is actually changing the way you play instead of trying to change how everyone else does. Go and use voip yourself, coordinate with your team, run good builds instead of handicapping others.

#18 SteelMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 179 posts
  • Locationon the shifting sands of the meta

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

I dropped with you (Ingramli) a few times the other day. I remember you because you were complaining of being on a massive losing streak.

First off I'm sorry, you shouldn't be getting grouped with me and the other guys who have played enough to get to Tier 1. Ideally you would have more time in matches of all new players before running into more experienced people.

But from time to time to keep matches popping we are all going to have to play together so the best thing for you to do is rise to the challenge and work on improving. Both the matches I remember playing with you you died first on your team and did less than 100 damage. Matches often snowball once a team gets a few kills ahead so the first thing to do is to learn to play a little more cautiously and try to get at least 200 damage a match. Pushing is good but the key to playing slow Assault mechs is knowing when to commit to the push and when not to overextend alone.

Luckily aside from a few trolls MWO has a good community of players who are happy to help out so feel free to post any questions here or in the new player section. The pay off is if you get used giving a good account of yourself vs. T1 players you can stomp all over T5-3 games when the matchmaker works.

Edited by SteelMantis, 03 August 2017 - 10:05 AM.

#19 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

What an irony, voip was added as a tool for random team to get on par with teamspeak-coordinated team.

#20 LordLeto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Harrison Bergeron was satire, not a master plan.

https://en.m.wikiped...rrison_Bergeron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users