Disapponited By The Bandit?

90 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

Not you El Bandito. We still like you.

Buuut:
Posted Image

I was on the impression that it would at least be higher. (Yellow), and at best cockpit level (red).

Edited by The6thMessenger, 06 August 2017 - 12:06 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

Well, you should love me. But yeah, the EBJ Hero is much better dual ballistic mech, combined with EBJ-A RT.
A solid buy, that one.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 August 2017 - 12:01 AM.

#3 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

I guess some clanners just want to feel what firing bullets out of nipples feel like? I mean, that's literally where those ballistics are mounted...

#4 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 06 August 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

I guess some clanners just want to feel what firing bullets out of nipples feel like? I mean, that's literally where those ballistics are mounted...

Posted Image

Like that? Shouldn't it be at the yellow box? I mean really, shouldn't it be at chest level, not waist level?

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 August 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Well, you should love me. But yeah, the EBJ Hero is much better dual ballistic mech, combined with EBJ-A RT.
A solid buy, that one.

I'll love you if you gifted me a hero EBJ. Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 06 August 2017 - 12:08 AM.

#5 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

If anyone can make their bandit look like Sophia Vergara they will be a hero in my books. Posted Image

#6 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

I have no idea why PGI did that to the Mad Dog hero. It doesn't even look good like that.

I wasn't expecting them to be in the red zones, but yellow was expected... considering cancelling my pre-order now.

Edited by Zergling, 06 August 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#7 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

PGI were afraid of all the p2w thing that went on with the hardpoint inflation.. They also announced (back then) that they are still considering the ballistic location on the MDD, So I guess they figured that this way it wont be p2w (ballistic STs are already unique so no need to make over performing). That said I think no one would mind if they were on the slope rather than furthest down. I think PGI are being a bit too cautious about it, but thats a good thing

#8 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

View PostBlack Fish, on 06 August 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

PGI were afraid of all the p2w thing that went on with the hardpoint inflation.. They also announced (back then) that they are still considering the ballistic location on the MDD, So I guess they figured that this way it wont be p2w (ballistic STs are already unique so no need to make over performing). That said I think no one would mind if they were on the slope rather than furthest down. I think PGI are being a bit too cautious about it, but thats a good thing

From here

Mad Dog [Hero Unchanged]
While the MDD-BA Hero is currently the only Mad Dog variant slated for MechWarrior Online with Ballistic Hardpoints in either Side Torso, the threat posed by Ballistic Hardpoints in the Mad Dog Side Torsos is heavily contingent upon their physical locations. The final placements are not yet fully determined, but these Ballistic Hardpoints will not be at uppermost mount location/Cockpit level for the Mad Dog.

The August patch will also feature the release of the canon MDD-H variant, available for direct purchase with C-Bills.

#9 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 06 August 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

That still opens up for the possibility of the slope. xD

#10 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:24 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 06 August 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

If anyone can make their bandit look like Sophia Vergara they will be a hero in my books. Posted Image

Not a good idea. All you see would be an increase in the light queue because urbies and locusts would up her/it/whatever legs because of the looks

#11 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:29 AM

They're still higher than they'd be if arm mounted. Furthermore, having them in the torsos makes stripping armor off the arms to free up tonnage for ammo viable in twin UAC10/20/Gauss builds.

As I've said before, while it will be the best ballistic Mad Dog, that's like saying a certain ship is the best luxury liner to cross the Sahara Desert in. While it may be technically correct, there is something distinctly not right with the scenario.

#12 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 06 August 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

That still opens up for the possibility of the slope. xD

I love the optimism! Posted Image

#13 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:26 AM

I'm just glad we are getting my favorite MDD variant. I love the one with dual energy hard points in the CT

Honestly PGI could avoid all the flak from these heros by offering a standard version without the cbill bonus of said omnipods.

#14 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:43 AM

View PostDr Hobo, on 06 August 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

I'm just glad we are getting my favorite MDD variant. I love the one with dual energy hard points in the CT

Honestly PGI could avoid all the flak from these heros by offering a standard version without the cbill bonus of said omnipods.

Nah, too much opportunity cost. Offering C-Bill versions on the most blatantly P2W ones are fine.

#15 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:14 AM

A solid buy, that one.

If only it could do quad uac5.

also op what did you expect with our modular design...

Edited by davoodoo, 06 August 2017 - 05:16 AM.

#16 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

Nope 'cause that's exactly what I called back in April
https://mwomercs.com...30#entry5693830

#17 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

Im fine with it. Aesthetically it makes sense too. Also no way for the P2W crowd to whine rivers full now.
Still gonna be useful locations, say with energy arms. Would be way more juicy if those B-points were up on the top.But since uacs for example are these chucnks of metal sticking out from the top there, it would look odd I guess.

Edited by Tordin, 06 August 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#18 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

Go back and look at the outcry over the Hellbringer's 2E right torso. The pay-2-win-wallets-closed crowd had a FIT over the supposed advantage of that unique omnipod - on paper. Never mind that an arm could be use for an extra energy hard point, it still LOOKED too good. So if you think PGI is going to mount those ballistics in the most optimal mount and face that backlash all over again, you're high.

#19 PAYWALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 147 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:32 AM

A solid buy, that one.

Plottwist: Ebj heros torsomounts are below cockpit level *insert dramatic gopher here

#20 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

View PostAgent1190, on 06 August 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

Go back and look at the outcry over the Hellbringer's 2E right torso. The pay-2-win-wallets-closed crowd had a FIT over the supposed advantage of that unique omnipod - on paper. Never mind that an arm could be use for an extra energy hard point, it still LOOKED too good. So if you think PGI is going to mount those ballistics in the most optimal mount and face that backlash all over again, you're high.

Of course HBR hero's 2 energy RT offered advantage. Hellbringer is an excellent poker which relies on highmounted torsi/head energy slots + ECM to minimize its exposure--its only weakness lies in low alpha per poke due to hardpoint limitations. Therefore HBR hero's 2 energy RT is a straight up upgrade. Arm energy is too low for vertical poking. The complaint was valid.

View PostPAYWALL, on 06 August 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

Plottwist: Ebj heros torsomounts are below cockpit level *insert dramatic gopher here

Nah, EBJ-A RT ballistic mount already shows us what the other side would look like. Super high mounted.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 August 2017 - 06:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users