Annihilator Please Fix Hitbox

50 replies to this topic

#1 RealCheetahz

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Every match I have with my new Mech I die the EXACT same way. Left torso gone. Doesnt matter if I never take a hit in the back and have 100 points armor on the front, it is the same way everytime. Very frustrating, and the rest of my mech can be light yellow, but that spot and Im dead. on a 100 ton mech, that shouldnt be happening. No matter what I do or how I play, if I die it is always the left side that is gone, I never lose an arm or anything, just left torso.

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

Have you tried not using an XL in one of the biggest, slowest 'Mechs in the game?

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 August 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Have you tried not using an XL in one of the biggest, slowest 'Mechs in the game?

That's that common sense stuff....yeeesh.

#4 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Hey mate incase you dont know, its a really really bad idea to use a IS XL engine in your Assults and heavy mechs. The Light Fussion engine is your friend and if the weapons dont have enough slots to fit then the Standard is your next best bet. So please don't use Xl enginee in Assults. Bruno.

#5 PAYWALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 147 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 06 August 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Hey mate incase you dont know, its a really really bad idea to use a IS XL engine in your Assults and heavy mechs. The Light Fussion engine is your friend and if the weapons dont have enough slots to fit then the Standard is your next best bet. So please don't use Xl enginee in Assults. Bruno.

...unless it's a banshee!

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

What reason is there to even put an XL in an Annihilator? The max engine rating is 300, even using 300 STD engine its leaves a boatload of free tonnage to use.

#7 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 06 August 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

What reason is there to even put an XL in an Annihilator? The max engine rating is 300, even using 300 STD engine its leaves a boatload of free tonnage to use.

There is none whatsoever. You can't mount enough cooling and/or firepower to justify it. You always run out of slots.

#8 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

I guess this is that one guy who uses an XL in Annihilators and Atlas.

I was wondering who you were!

I have to ask, what actually makes you do it? I mean... What justification do you actually use for that?

When do you go "Who needs to actually survive in a big giant slow mech the size of a building" and what mental gymnastics does it take to come to that conclusion? Especially with LFE now?

Edited by Lazer Doggo, 06 August 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#9 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

What was that about playing stupid games, again?...

Oh, yeah. Dying unceremoniously due to your own hubris. That's right.

#10 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

Maybe OP is roleplaying as Bryan Kabrinski? http://www.sarna.net...Custom_Variants

Almost GAUSSZILLA

#11 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:07 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 August 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Basically THIS..

Use a light engine or a standard engine... YES, I know.. you want to rock a gazillion ballistic tubes.. but guess what.. it comes with a price.. Posted Image

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

As others have said, you should not be using an XL engine in an Annihilator.

In other news:

I love the Annihilator. I would never pilot one, but I think it's great that we have a giant turret lumbering around annihilating us. It's a challenge bring them down, and they are a real threat if you are careless enough to try to solo one.

(LOL out loud moment in a match on the weekend: there was one enemy Mech left, and I knew it was in the basement of HPG. So I jumped off the roof to go kill it. I landed 10 meters in front of a fresh 4AC10 Annihilator. I was dead 2 seconds later.)

My only criticism is that the Annihilator needs to be rescaled to be a bit bigger. It's not sufficiently differentiated from oversize Lights like the Firestarter. I'm fine that it's so ridiculously tanky. It just needs to be a bit bigger/scarier in keeping with its role.

Edited by Appogee, 07 August 2017 - 12:23 AM.

#13 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:42 AM

Appogee, I always seem to catch them fresh. Even though you can see/hit them from a mile away, it seems people either leave them till last or see them and run.

I duelled one in my quad lbx Kodiak and won (not sure how much outside involvement there was), I was curious on how it would go down but perhaps the other person was a potato. I would have loved to have seen a mirror match as I've seen it had quad lbx too.

It's nice to see this Dinosaur looking mech on the field but asides the Dakka version is there any other decent builds?
(I don't own the mech so I am just asking).

#14 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:45 AM

Ah, the usual forum response; question the motivation, skill, sanity and whatnot of the OP instead of actually addressing the topic. Nice work guys.

If it's accurate that OP is always dying from blown out left side torso, why is that?
Do you go around corners with to the left most of the times? Do you twist to the right?
Are the ST's of ANH's bad?

#15 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

View PostYellonet, on 07 August 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

Ah, the usual forum response; question the motivation, skill, sanity and whatnot of the OP instead of actually addressing the topic. Nice work guys.

If it's accurate that OP is always dying from blown out left side torso, why is that?
Do you go around corners with to the left most of the times? Do you twist to the right?
Are the ST's of ANH's bad?

It might have something to do with player habits.

I often find myself peeking from the same side, and if i'm brawling and circling someone, I tend to run in the same direction also.

If i'm taking damage, I have a tendency to twist to the left, if i'm not paying attention to where damage is landing.

Maybe the OP is the same - maybe it's not the equipment, but a behavioral thing the operator isn't aware of.

#16 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

There is no functional reason to take an XL with an Annihilator, because of the engine cap.

There WOULD be a reason to bring one, in the edge case build of 4xRAC5, since that needs heatsinks and the only way to fit them and the weapons is to run an XL with no endo steel... but ghost heat says you cant run that build anyway. You can run 5xUAC5 with STD300, 9.5 tons of ammo and 2 DHS... so even the really heavy ballistic loads dont need an XL.

#17 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 07 August 2017 - 03:17 AM, said:

It might have something to do with player habits.

I often find myself peeking from the same side, and if i'm brawling and circling someone, I tend to run in the same direction also.

If i'm taking damage, I have a tendency to twist to the left, if i'm not paying attention to where damage is landing.

Maybe the OP is the same - maybe it's not the equipment, but a behavioral thing the operator isn't aware of.

Yeah, most people do the same and it generally depends on which side of your body that is dominant.
Most people are right handed, and that's why the nascar usually goes to the right for instance.

#18 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:11 AM

View PostYellonet, on 07 August 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

Yeah, most people do the same and it generally depends on which side of your body that is dominant.
Most people are right handed, and that's why the nascar usually goes to the right for instance.

Yep.

Instinctive stuff. Not user error, user behavior. Stuff you're oblivious to until someone knowingly exploits it against you.

Edit: also, OP, the XL thing. Even if you aren't doing something subconscious, that's just ASKING for trouble. That's the sort of thing that draws the ire of the giant robots of the spirit world, who will see you smote out of spite.

Edited by Kiiyor, 07 August 2017 - 04:14 AM.

#19 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:18 AM

Probably your left torso because that is generally how teams nascar around. And the Annihilator is slooow, so it will probably take hits that direction frequently.

First off - ditch the XL (if you are using one) for a light or standard - XL is too risky, even for most medium mechs - and you are double the tonnage and twice as slow.

Next, before you decide to slow down to shoot at the enemy, ask yourself: "Am I on the front lines on the right most side and still moving?" if the answer is yes, congrats, you can start shooting and doing assault stuff and hope that your team can cover your ***.

Edited by Gristle Missile, 07 August 2017 - 04:20 AM.

#20 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:26 AM

View PostAppogee, on 07 August 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

snip...

My only criticism is that the Annihilator needs to be rescaled to be a bit bigger. It's not sufficiently differentiated from oversize Lights like the Firestarter. I'm fine that it's so ridiculously tanky. It just needs to be a bit bigger/scarier in keeping with its role.

well played... made my night!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users