#21 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 August 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

There is no functional reason to take an XL with an Annihilator, because of the engine cap.

There WOULD be a reason to bring one, in the edge case build of 4xRAC5, since that needs heatsinks and the only way to fit them and the weapons is to run an XL with no endo steel... but ghost heat says you cant run that build anyway. You can run 5xUAC5 with STD300, 9.5 tons of ammo and 2 DHS... so even the really heavy ballistic loads dont need an XL.

Really? I used an LFE... what am I missing? Lol. I'll have to take a look when I get home this weekend.

#22 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

It takes some balls to complain about XL Anni, even in the brown sea.

kudos

#23 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 August 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Really? I used an LFE... what am I missing? Lol. I'll have to take a look when I get home this weekend.

It doesnt fit with an LFE, at least not with enough ammo:

55 slots total
-25 for UAC5s
-14 for endo
-10 for LFE
= 6 slots left for ammo. Not enough.

Taking LFE and no endo is stupid imo because you get the LFE heat/speed issues on ST loss, and for a 100 ton mech endo = 5 tons, and STD300 is only 4.5 tons heavier than LFE300, so you actually lose tonnage, or break even if you take LFF.

ANH-2A

You can strip more armour for up to 2 DHS if desired because the insane armour quirks allow more to be removed from the legs and right arm.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 07 August 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#24 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

55 slots total
-25 for UAC5s
-14 for endo
-10 for LFE

Taking LFE and no endo is stupid imo because you get the LFE heat/speed issues on ST loss, and for a 100 ton mech endo = 5 tons, and STD300 is only 4.5 tons heavier than LFE300, so you actually lose tonnage, or break even if you take LFF.

ANH-2A

You can strip more armour for up to 2 DHS if desired because the insane armour quirks allow more to be removed from the legs and right arm.

I'm guessing I did LFE with LFF... didn't count slots to see that you could take endo with a STD. Oops.

#25 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 August 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Have you tried not using an XL in one of the biggest, slowest 'Mechs in the game?

Moar weaponz!!1!11!!

Posted Image

#26 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Projectile drift maybe?

Picture two mechs parallel to each other, the annihilator is moving east, the enemy mech is moving to the west. The enemy mech leads and fires projectile weapons, but as the annihilator is moving to the enemy mech's left, the projectile have a tedency to hit the left side of the mech, especially with burst fire ACs.

#27 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

It is amazing how a 2013 user mounts xl on a anny..... AND CRY ON FORUM.

#forevernoobs

View PostYellonet, on 07 August 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

Ah, the usual forum response; question the motivation, skill, sanity and whatnot of the OP instead of actually addressing the topic. Nice work guys.

If it's accurate that OP is always dying from blown out left side torso, why is that?
Do you go around corners with to the left most of the times? Do you twist to the right?
Are the ST's of ANH's bad?

ok, u are right.
So, here my tip.

Dear OP, what about mountign an XL even in Stalker.
IMO, with XL u can mount an amazing amount of weaponry even in stalkers!
Give a try!

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 07 August 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#28 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 August 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Have you tried not using an XL in one of the biggest, slowest 'Mechs in the game?

The Hero's coming with an XL doesn't mean a gun is held to your head to replace it with an 300 Light. The mech has the tonnage to spare as like Atlases...you run out of crit spaces far sooner than you run out of tonnage with most builds.

#29 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:57 AM

For what it's worth, I always intentionally shoot the left torso on Annihilators. Gives me more C-Bills than just drilling it through the CT. And the left torsos are always easier to hit than the right because that's the side that usually faces you when the enemy is egressing.

#30 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

Not sure if it was this guy or not but I've seen an Annihilator go down to an XL check twice. Each time my team and I had a good chuckle about it after we managed to shake off the initial disgust.

#31 C4NC3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 06 August 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Maybe OP is roleplaying as Bryan Kabrinski? http://www.sarna.net...Custom_Variants

Almost GAUSSZILLA

Chainfire AC10 is total bias in the brawl... ANH-2A

Gausszilla... actually is only direct fire support unit due to the fact that GR can explode and take a whole mount on mech off.

Edited by C4NC3R, 09 August 2017 - 04:16 AM.

#32 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:48 AM

There's some right geniuses in this thread. The ANH _needs_ a 300 engine to be even remotely capable of playing in QP thanks to all the nascar warriors who race around the maps as fast as they can.

But if you don't have enough money for a set of light engines (one for each variant remember - that's a lot of money) then your only choice is reusing an XL from another mech because frankly fitting a standard leaves you with **** all firepower especially when you're pretty much forced to to fit big heavy ballistics as going all energy means you'll be melting within a couple of shots.

So **** right off those who say you mustn't fit an XL, if anything the ANH, with it's side torso armour quirks, is one of the best mechs to fit an XL on.

#33 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:00 AM

View PostDogstar, on 09 August 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

There's some right geniuses in this thread. The ANH _needs_ a 300 engine to be even remotely capable of playing in QP thanks to all the nascar warriors who race around the maps as fast as they can. But if you don't have enough money for a set of light engines (one for each variant remember - that's a lot of money) then your only choice is reusing an XL from another mech because frankly fitting a standard leaves you with **** all firepower especially when you're pretty much forced to to fit big heavy ballistics as going all energy means you'll be melting within a couple of shots. So **** right off those who say you mustn't fit an XL, if anything the ANH, with it's side torso armour quirks, is one of the best mechs to fit an XL on.

Very amusing as I use several standard engine setups on mine (unashamedly stolen from people I watched playing very effectively)..

#34 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostDogstar, on 09 August 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

There's some right geniuses in this thread. The ANH _needs_ a 300 engine to be even remotely capable of playing in QP thanks to all the nascar warriors who race around the maps as fast as they can.

But if you don't have enough money for a set of light engines (one for each variant remember - that's a lot of money) then your only choice is reusing an XL from another mech because frankly fitting a standard leaves you with **** all firepower especially when you're pretty much forced to to fit big heavy ballistics as going all energy means you'll be melting within a couple of shots.

So **** right off those who say you mustn't fit an XL, if anything the ANH, with it's side torso armour quirks, is one of the best mechs to fit an XL on.

lol

/threat

ps plz group up with OP to form the Xl anni cheapskate squad of death

#35 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

View PostRealCheetahz, on 06 August 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Every match I have with my new Mech I die the EXACT same way. Left torso gone. Doesnt matter if I never take a hit in the back and have 100 points armor on the front, it is the same way everytime. Very frustrating, and the rest of my mech can be light yellow, but that spot and Im dead. on a 100 ton mech, that shouldnt be happening. No matter what I do or how I play, if I die it is always the left side that is gone, I never lose an arm or anything, just left torso.

If you are running your Annihilators with XL engines give them to me, you are obviously unfit to care for your children, I will give them a proper home with all the STD and light love they'll ever need.

#36 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

Pour one out for all the speedbump Annihilators taken 2 side torsos too soon. Not even alive long enough to be an xp pinata.

https://youtu.be/mCEfqj9pDAI

#37 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

55 slots total
-25 for UAC5s
-14 for endo
-10 for LFE

ANH-2A

If you use an 6xAC5 build, you can use LFE+Endo and 7T Ammo. That is enough to do close to 1000 points of damage in my experience, and you can almost max out on armor. (assuming you got ammo quirks!)

People actually managed to destroy my 82 arm/72 leg armor, so it works.

Gonna try the 5xUAC5 build though, sounds crazy.

Edited by Averen, 24 May 2018 - 11:30 PM.

#38 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:48 PM

ANH-2A

ANH-2A

I have these two builds and they work pretty well.

Very capable of doing 1000 damage if you don't get focused down right away.

Don't XL anything over 45 tons unless its a very specific build that requires on to function. Its often times, for big mechs, better to go a little slower with an Light Fusion Engine (LFE) than die quickly with an XL.

#39 Knuckles OTool

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

The true key to the XL annihilator is to never leave the spawn. This requires all the long range dakka. ANH-2A

#40 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:11 AM

Huh, 5xUAC5 is pretty dope. 1136dmg in the first match.

View PostXetelian, on 24 May 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

ANH-2A

ANH-2A

I have these two builds and they work pretty well.

Very capable of doing 1000 damage if you don't get focused down right away.

Don't XL anything over 45 tons unless its a very specific build that requires on to function. Its often times, for big mechs, better to go a little slower with an Light Fusion Engine (LFE) than die quickly with an XL.

IMO it's better to remove a bit of leg armor on the 6xAC5 Anni and add another DHS in the core. Armor quirks plus skills are enough to cover your legs, and the mech gets pretty hot either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users