Insanity? Stealth Armored Atlas

7 replies to this topic

#1 Yukikaze Alecto

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:04 AM

Ok, is there any use for this as a possible working build?

AS7-D-DC
315 Light w/ 14 DHS (2x Engine Internal, 1x RA, 1x LA)
STEALTH ARMOR (what was I thinking??)
2x SnubNose PPC (1x LA, 1x RA)
2x RAC/2s (2x RT) + 3x Ammo (2x RT, 1x CT)
3x MRM10s (3x LT - shaves off a ton compared to one MRM30) + 2x Ammo (1x Head, 1x CT)
Guardian ECM (1x LT)

Obviously a pure black paintjob.

Fought against someone using a similar build, but with SRMs instead of MRMs and a single RAC/5, while on the nighttime River City map and it was damn near impossible to see it even at point-blank. Even had a few players run right past it thinking it was part of a building, only to get shot/cored-through right in the back.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

Those builds tend to die very quickly against me... I target based on movement and shapes, not colors. (not colorblind, just used to fighting camouflaged enemies)

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Here is a little trick that works, I should not be telling it. Put a decal on your head and paint it blue.

You will find that at times, players will hesitate a split second confused about which team you are on.

And thanks, Yukikaze Alecto. You have now OKed it for me to make my Stalker with Stealth Armor.

All the blame is yours....Posted Image

The small lasers are now ER SLs

Posted Image

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 21 August 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#4 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

I find the utility of the build... I don't know, on paper at least it seems highly questionable.

Bear in mind, while stealth armor is active, you do not lose heat. So those RACs and PPCs will take you to shutdown extremely quickly.

Consequently, I would think that the critical spots/tonnage (because if you have the crit space for stealth armor, you definitely have the crit space for light ferro, if not endo instead) would be better served on more DHS/Ammo/Armor/Engine...

An atlast at engine315 has got to be annihilator level slow... I would also point out that you aren't really served in taking 315... For a marginal reduction of your slow speed to an equally slow as molasses speed at 300, you free up tonnage and do not lose engine HS space. Or, increase to 325 and get an additional engine DHS slot (not sure what the atlas max engine cap is).

Ultimately, I think it loses sight of the Atlas' role - it's meant to be seen, meant to draw fire, while leading a push and allowing less durable teammates to focus on your target. Speed at engine 315 and the size/profile are hardly conducive for sneaking around for a flanking move... certainly no more so than doing it with just ecm and no stealth armor.

my 2 cbills based on papercraft.

#5 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:08 AM

I gave the Stealth-Atlas a go an must say it has its share of funny moments. Posted Image
Just stick to solo-pug because that's where the bare minimum of in-game coordination exists. If a player in group play spots you and calls your position you're fish food.

It is also seriously undergunned and it doesn't use its armor for the team like an atlas is supposed to, but at least you can fire those light gausses with stealth on like there is no tomorrow. It'll take you minutes to reach even 50% heat and you don't give away your position by firing (as long as you don't add in the pulse lasers!)

Stealth AS7-D-DC

#6 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

View PostYukikaze Alecto, on 07 August 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Ok, is there any use for this as a possible working build?

AS7-D-DC
315 Light w/ 14 DHS (2x Engine Internal, 1x RA, 1x LA)
STEALTH ARMOR (what was I thinking??)
2x SnubNose PPC (1x LA, 1x RA)
2x RAC/2s (2x RT) + 3x Ammo (2x RT, 1x CT)
3x MRM10s (3x LT - shaves off a ton compared to one MRM30) + 2x Ammo (1x Head, 1x CT)
Guardian ECM (1x LT)

Obviously a pure black paintjob.

Fought against someone using a similar build, but with SRMs instead of MRMs and a single RAC/5, while on the nighttime River City map and it was damn near impossible to see it even at point-blank. Even had a few players run right past it thinking it was part of a building, only to get shot/cored-through right in the back.

Snub Nose PPC + RAC + MRM ?
Hot frontload that you normaly only use because you don't have enough tonnage or a slot for an Autocannon + damage over time weapon with super long expose time + hot semi long expose time weapon with peculiar aiming propertys.....
And now you are using stealth...
Is there a certain strategy I am missing ?

There are two scenarios where to use stealth on an Atlas:
--to get your super close range frontload high alpha into range without gettig spotted, lurmed or what not.
--to use a shoot and fade strategy because you have frontloaded super COOL weapons. (Hgauss + SRMs f.e.)

Idea would be to use the confusion what mech shoot the salvo since the stealthed atlas will not appear even on shortrange scanners or UAV. (seismic is your enemy though)

But using stealth to have to walk out in the open and start shooting PPC + MRMs then unloading with the RACs before fading away when they jam.... Now everybody is yelling stealth Atlas go get him lights.

#7 100 Tons of Fun

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

I run dual light gauss, 3 srm6s and a light 335 on my stealth atlas

#8 Prime Target

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 03:13 AM

I run stealth atlas with dual light gauss and 3xMRM10. It has pinpoint 20 damage on close to far distances and 30 relatively cold damage in close to middle. Also it has enough room to be faster than 50km\h.

And no one expect enemy stealth assault inside their team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users