No One Is Dropping For The Is Side Around This Time Anymore.

Gameplay

61 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

Ever since our unit switched to Clans we are not getting any drops. Our unit really should have stayed as IS. Is the IS side having the same issue?

Edited by El Bandito, 07 August 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#2 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

Most units rotate, AWOL rotates every 2 weeks on average, depends on whether someone remembers to untick the contract thing.

#3 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

Ive played many games as Clan. Of course it's a lot slower than during event. Takes 5-10 minutes to get a team, them sometimes 2, sometimes 7 minutes to get IS team to fight againts. From about 30 games only one has been ghost drop for me.

But according to log, Clan is winning all the time? Many games per hour. So either Im stuck into very unlucky in-between teams, or some big groups are dropping and possibly getting ghost drops.

Of course this all depends on time. There is not enough players to get games 24/7 in FP.

#4 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 07 August 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Ive played many games as Clan. Of course it's a lot slower than during event. Takes 5-10 minutes to get a team, them sometimes 2, sometimes 7 minutes to get IS team to fight againts. From about 30 games only one has been ghost drop for me.

But according to log, Clan is winning all the time? Many games per hour. So either Im stuck into very unlucky in-between teams, or some big groups are dropping and possibly getting ghost drops.

Of course this all depends on time. There is not enough players to get games 24/7 in FP.

We played almost at peak hours and had 3 ghost drops. And yes, Clan side is winning overwhelmingly, but how many were GDs, I wonder.

#5 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

Dropping onto a world with ghosts on it?
That's crazy talk that is.

So... anyone else on board with the idea that we:
A.) Need to be able to see how many people are actually queued up so we don't waste our time.
B.) Think that we should have the ability to start smaller matches aka private queue functionality for not needing full teams and allow 4 v 4 and 8 v 8 depending on players queued?

#6 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

probably event fatigue because according to russ there were 7k unique players in 1 day not too long ago

Posted Image

In that same twitter thread, Russ says 55% are IS, which means at that time Clan would have been getting more instadrops

#7 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 07 August 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

probably event fatigue because according to russ there were 7k unique players in 1 day not too long ago

Posted Image

In that same twitter thread, Russ says 55% are IS, which means at that time Clan would have been getting more instadrops

Wasnt that tweet done during a FP event?

Thats like me going down to the train station to do a survey on how many people think public transport is over priced.

Bad stats are bad.

#8 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

Yes, it was CW event, and now is Solo, QP event. People will be there. Lets see what happen after event is today over.

#9 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 August 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Ever since our unit switched to Clans we are not getting any drops. Our unit really should have stayed as IS. Is the IS side having the same issue?

A lot of U.S. Eastern Time teams wrap up during the hour or so right before the time stamp on your post.

The Templars were running 8-10 man drops last night until around 11:30 EST. Our last match we sat in a queue for a while waiting for a lobby but got placed in a match right away. Which would mean that there were clan players waiting I guess? So we were sitting there with 8 guys looking for 4 more to fill in to make 12... while Clan was waiting for us to get to 12.

Regards,

Xann

#10 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 August 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

The last event was a quickplay only one and for many people was quite time consuming. Getting 50 kills/KMDDs is a pretty steep requirements so I imagine many people who would otherwise be playing Faction Play were grinding Quickplay.

Things will probably pick up later in the week.

Edit: Also I imagine more than a few people were grinding the leaderboards in their new mechs.

Edited by Jman5, 08 August 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#11 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

Didn't take a screenshot of it, but while i was streaming i had a 37 min Q as a solo pug on Innersphere side. The got grouped with a full pug drop vs 12 man 420, everyone that i was in drop said they wernt gonna drop again, so im sure many people are doing this because of how many 8-12 mans are running around on clan side, and anyone who is dropping on IS side are probably a 12 man, so the pugs never see units in IS

#12 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

*shrug*

Unless I am quite mistaken, as of last night KCom, BCMC, MS, and 420m were all on Clan contracts. That's a big chunk of your most active North America (Evening) units.

I looked at the War Log last night, and saw a 40 minute span with 10 out of 10 Clan victories (obviously, IS overpowered, please nerf). I wasn't about to drop unless I could find a large IS group, and unfortunately, I did not find one. So I did not do any FW drops last night. I would not be surprised if there were other people who did the same analysis and had a similar experience last night.

If everyone stacks on one side, they tend to have trouble finding battles after the other side notices. This has been the case for more than a year. It shouldn't be a surprise.

#13 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

KCom are now Clan loyalists so they wont be changing any more.

As for the rest, BCMC have changed, MS(which one are you referring to?), i was playing against 420m last week so they have been clans for a bit.

Units are going to change sides for whatever reason they want, normally just a cycle every few weeks, so there are times when sides are going to be stacked. Just means they wont get many drops as the seal pups they club are learning and avoid the FP queue when units are stacked on one side.

#14 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

how about this idea

a 1 bucket system

#15 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Isn't that what I said, Carl?

In any case, sure, Kcom are Steel Viper loyalists, right now. But they also used to be Jade Falcon Loyalists. And they also used to be on mercenary contracts. I haven't spoken to any of them in a couple of weeks, but I'd be rather surprised if they end up being in Steel Viper from now until eternity.

#16 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Most have prolly maxed out JF ranks and merc ranks so they went loyalist to have something to do seeing as PGI seems unwilling to do something as simple as either add more ranks or some kind of prestige system for ranks in everything.

#17 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

No luck today as well. Ghost drop after ghost drop. Bleh.

Edited by El Bandito, 08 August 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#18 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Just my opinion here so take it with a grain of salt. But most of my friends list is Clan right meow and they're mainly from the more active Merc units. Looks like the merc tide has shifted back to Clan for meow with KCom going Clan loyalist as well.

#19 Bannok

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Its pretty unhealthy. Had 8 basically instant queues, 7 of 8 all premade. Had one partial IS premade with 5 guys from T. Most rest of the games non unit's, lots of trial mechs. Clubbed for 8 games. At least when event runs for CW, you can get some pretty good pug games to make up for being clubbed, and this past event IS actually had some units. That isnt the case anymore.

#20 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 08 August 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Just my opinion here so take it with a grain of salt. But most of my friends list is Clan right meow and they're mainly from the more active Merc units. Looks like the merc tide has shifted back to Clan for meow with KCom going Clan loyalist as well.

Yep, 420 is gonna stay Clan for now as well. BCMC is also working for the Clan side, if I am not mistaken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users