Rant - Dont Read, Just... Let Me Vent.

20 replies to this topic

#1 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

I'm sick of getting stuck with potatos match after match who really don't know the meaning of the word team work. I can call targets and get completely ignored. Its like they don't even speak English.

Between the hours of 12 midnight CST and 3 AM, ALL of the teams thrown into match making suck. like REALLY suck. There is no hard faught wins, there are no back and forth fights. Just teams getting spread thin, then getting ganked match after match after match. Its hard enough trying to skill a mech from scratch with no funds, and its even harder to do so with teams that do notwork together to get kills, and instead get greedy and then get destroyed by actual team work.

On top of that, with these conditions, my K/D ratio is in the trash, and I'm so deep in tier 5 that I cant see the other side. How can a player be expected to "get gud", progress through the ranks, make enough cbills to buy mechs and skill up said mechs when the match making sucks so hard?

It seems like the game rewards kills above all else whether you survive or not, and if you happen to lose, those kills mean little to nothing. If you die and win, they still mean little. The game only truly rewards you with a decent amount of XP if you rack up 2+ kills AND survive, AND win the match.

its enough to seriously make me hate mwo.
Its putting me into a frothing rage!

On that note: SCREW XP and GXP.
WHY MUST MWO HAVE SUCH A FREAKING CONVOLUTED LEVELING SYSTEM THAT PUNISHES PLAYERS FOR EXPERIMENTATION?!
WHY MUST IT BE THAT PLAYERS EARN SO LITTLE PER MATCH WHEN IT COST 72800+ TO FULLY LEVEL A CHASSIS. ONE CHASSIS. 72800 TIMES HOWEVER MANY NEW MECHS PER MECH PACK + 1724000c-BILLS+ TIMES THE SAME NUMBER = AN UNSUSTAINABLE AND UNREASONABLE LEVEL MODEL. FOR A FREE TO PLAY GAME, IT SURE AS HELL IS PAY TO OPTIMIZE, PAY TO FEEL LESS PAIN, PAY TO GET ANNOYING KEYS FOR LOOT CRATES YOU NEVER GET ANWAY, THE SAME LOOT CRATES THAT BAIT YOU WITH A MECH AND GIVE YOU CRAPPY ARTY STRIKES, BECAUSE PGI HATES GIVING AWAY FREE MECHS.

This whole friggen convoluted system pisses me off.
The skill tree made things better but not signficiantly.
XP is still stupid. GXP has no real function.
C-Bills and MC do the exact same thing, and therefore MC holds no real value beyond buying WAY OVER PRICED cosmetic stuff. 1K FOR A COLOR?! COME THE **** ON.

Seriously PGI. All you do is ignore the people who want to make the game better.
I'm irritated as **** with the potatos right now, but you can do better!
There are DOZENS UPON DOZENS of suggestions as to how to make the leveling system better, how to improve tiers, how to make mech leveling less of a pain in the ***, but nope.</p>
PGI is a deaf potato. A deaf potato that literally hates its player base and enjoys alienating new players with a cruel, soul crushing grin on its face.

Pull your head out of your behind PGI and put some changes that work into effect such as getting rid of xp all together, leaving SP in place, and making the grind alot less grueling for the eventual try-hards stuck on potato teams.

If you cant make simple changes because your &quot;afraid&quot; of FIXING problems with the game's mechanics, then you literally deserve every single lawsuit harmony gold throws at you. Give me a reason to have faith in you. Give me reason to rally behind your banner.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

what about no

- are you done enough vented - do us a pleasure and delete your topics - althoug a text editor would have been a better place for your venting

#3 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

Posted Image

#4 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

Add me or others in game, get a squad thingy going. The competition will be hard but play with some reasonable folk and you will get good battles.

Solo QP is my thing majority of the time but it is a random smelting pot of variables, teams, builds and skill. Learn to roll with it or just play stupid fun mechs and enjoy yourself regardless.

#5 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image

Everything will be okay. Let it all out.

#6 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:16 AM

tl;dr

#7 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

I mean, ok, you can have your rant. If you don't want us to read and respond with memes (and presumably you knew that is what would happen when you wrote "don't read, just let me have my rant")... the easier thing would have been to not hit post after you wrote out your rant.

Much less, apparently, hit it three times.

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

how about going to a therapy?
Also, PGI didn't ignore people wanting to make the game better.

theres lots of people who want to make the game better, unfortunately a lot of them are bad at even concepting anything that truly makes the game better. PGi did tried quite some of those "making the game better ideas" but they failed because they were thought out broken to begin with. So listening to the palyers isn't always a workign thing because players know what they want but not what they need to achieve this. Just go and look into the suggestion sections and try to screw up most ideas by abusing the suggested ideas. That shows already how many are not well concepted and just broken ideas because someone only focused on a small part of a problem but not the entire picture of MWO.

Also, was that a joke? are you REALLY T5? because if thats true, well sorry, but T5 is where you end when really playing on max derp levels or at 10fps. So you really should improve yourself first, maybe play with others beeing good, while this may you get killed quick in the group queue watchign better palyers cna give you some hints on how to play.

Edited by Lily from animove, 08 August 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#9 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

View PostPjwned, on 08 August 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

tl;dr

Quick summary:

He hates the tier system, his teams have been terrible, and he's not happy with the pricing of stuff in the game compared to the rewards given for your actions in matches/MC costs

#10 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

I play MWO just to have some fun, driving a huge assault mech around.
To be honest, this game is so niche and obscure to the general population, that I am glad that it exists at its current form already. My dislike for Piranha or MWO completely vanished over time, seeing how nothing similar enough to this game was going to come out.

I tend to nerd rage like that about Dota 2. However, there is a huge difference in funding and attention between those 2.

Edited by M3 SABLE, 08 August 2017 - 12:22 AM.

#11 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:22 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 08 August 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Quick summary:

He hates the tier system, his teams have been terrible, and he's not happy with the pricing of stuff in the game compared to the rewards given for your actions in matches/MC costs

But he said "don't read just let me vent" and--

Nevermind...

#12 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

View PostM3 SABLE, on 08 August 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

I tend to nerd rage like that about Dota 2. However, there is a huge difference in funding and attention between those 2.

That, and I haven't gotten death threats from someone claiming to be from the Russian mafia in this game. Ah, Dota 2, never change.

#13 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

#14 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

Posted Image

#15 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

Posted Image

#16 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

This seems way more like Reddit fodder than something that should be here in shimmering shiny sea.

#17 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

Serious answer though; the secret to embracing the PUG life and to save your blood pressure is...

to lower your expectations.

100%.

Posted Image

DO IT.

A PUG is not, and never will be, a team. There may be single, shining instances where the planets align and things just work, but I guarantee you that it is mere happenstance.

Lower your expectations.

Posted Image

Sometimes, a decent leader will emerge and call a great match that earns you a victory, but even then, you weren't a team; you were a collection of strangers morbidly curious enough to follow someone that seemed competent. Sometimes, you will have made a suggestion that everyone seemed to follow, but I GUARANTEE that they were merely walking in that direction in the first place. There may have been one or two easy going souls that agreed with you, but in reality that acquiescence was merely an opportunity to follow their own agenda anyway.

Posted Image

TO THE FLOOR.

Posted Image

You only THINK that PUGS are capable of great things because the few times they DID manage to all get their crap in one sock were so memorable that they have been seared indelibly into your brainspace.

Lower your expectations.

Posted Image

You can't rely on others to enrich your MWO battles. Let the pressure of expectation fall from your shoulders, and embrace the chaos. It's the best part of PUGS. It reminds me of being young and drunk at the dodgem cars. Glorious.

#18 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:22 AM

how low do expectations have to be?

i'm honestly not surprised anymore to have everyone in charlie lance do <250 damage.

and i'm still getting surprised. people are still finding ways to get worse. it's fascinating.

lol

Edited by Wil McCullough, 08 August 2017 - 01:23 AM.

#19 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:00 AM

Ahhhh K-Town, here we are!

#20 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:17 AM

Epic thread, jettisoned before its time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users