4 replies to this topic

#1 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

As the title states, I'm looking for Marian Hegemony Mechs (just the chassis, don't care about variants) that are featured in MWO.

In my research I've found that Centurions, Hunchbacks, and Jagermechs are quite common. Locusts as well. It seems that most 3025 mechs are in use by the Marians.

Are there any other quintessential Marian mechs I can get my hands on?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

That would be almost every Inner Sphere General Mech and General Peripherie

Maybe you should try out masterunitlist.info or register at battletech.rpg.hu

#3 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

That Masterunitlist.info website is fantastic, thank you!

I was originally perusing Sarna.net and checked out all of the defense companies local to the Hegemony and what they produce. Saw that Alphard Trading Corporation manufactures a Centurion variant and Marian Arms Incorporated manufactures Locusts, Commandos, Centurions, and Marauder IIs.

Was looking for some major imports or common battlemechs they might import from trade. Saw that they have decent trade relations with the FWL at this point in the timeline so I expect a lot of older and more common FWL mechs like the Orion, Cicada, Trebuchet, Hunchback, Stalker, and Awesome probably regularly make their way to the Hegemony's legions. Looks like Javelins seem relatively common too.

I was hoping to find some info on mechs the Caesars piloted but didn't find much, unfortunately.

If there are any other famously common Marian mechs anyone knows about I'd love to know!

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostGaius Cavadus, on 08 August 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

If there are any other famously common Marian mechs anyone knows about I'd love to know!

so after a "rough" scan of my TROs I'm affraid to say that the only "MH" vehicles developed by them seem to be the Ravanger and Marauder BA as well as the Testudo Siege Tank - but those are outside your "time line"

Mechs of the Free World League or Magistracy of Canopus, and Taurian Concordat might be common.

... primitive tech might be common too: (don't know the exactly state of retcon)

Look for primitve Griffin, Toro, Phoenix....

Keep in mind that the first produced Marian Hegemony Mechs happend around 3066 - a Commando (rocketlauncher), Locust (rocketlauncher) and Centurion (primitive)

considering that Commandos and Rocketlaunchers are known since the days of the Terran Hegemony - its absolutely understandable when you use Comando 4Hs

#5 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:41 AM

View PostGaius Cavadus, on 08 August 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

That Masterunitlist.info website is fantastic, thank you!

While it is a good source keep in mind it is a comprehensive list including all the Mechs available to a faction, no matter how small their numbers.

If you want a representative list, you need to consult the Random Assignment Tables found in the Field Manuals and Era Reports. They are the opposite of the MUL in many ways because they list only the most common Mechs but they are in no way comprehensive.

This e.g. is the RAT for the year 3067:
Posted Image

It's rather ... unspectacular, but there are a few gems. I found most interesting that they are the only non-pirate faction to make greater use of the Brigand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users