About Situational Awareness

4 replies to this topic

#1 Frederick Steiner A F

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationthe Blue Pearl in the black Space of the Milky Way of Sun's fading away

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

For new Players, it can be sometimes a Overflow of Visual Information for the untrained Eye/Brain.
To resolve this, here is a little Practice you might work on and see where it gets you to.

Anytime you are in a Communal Transport, sitting in a Train, or wait for the Crossroads to get free/green, search a focal point with your Eyes in the Center of your Vision. Take a Tree, the middle of the Bus Windshield or such a Thing. Focus on that Thing alone, but try to see what happens around it. Try to never get of that Point, with the Time it gets easier, and instead loosely try to "Visionize" the Surroundings without trying to Focus on them.

After a lil Practice you dont need a Focus Point, and instead you can freely set yourself a Focuspoint at any Range and realize much better the Surrounding. This way your Eyes/Brain will more easily adapt information from the outer Circle of your Viewpoint, what helps you to get a Forewarning how a Situation will evolve, and you can react better/faster maybe.

Have always enough Coolant in your System ;)

Sincerly
FS

#2 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

Plus, look at your Radar every few seconds and read what Blues/Reds are doing.

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

It's called peripheral vision... If you train yourself to use it, you get better at practically everything. (driving, games, seeing that spider crawling across the floor towards your foot, etc.)

#4 Frederick Steiner A F

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationthe Blue Pearl in the black Space of the Milky Way of Sun's fading away

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

Yep, me started it around being 18-19 years old, and its so natural now, that my Girlfriend is anytime surprised what i see even when me is driving the Car, and ask her if she has seen it too. And me is like ...O.O... when she drives and have a Tunnelvision, but thats life me think :)

#5 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

Situational Awareness is so important to playing this game.

noticing what mechs are out there, where they are going, where they are likely to show up and what they can do.

Then what are the odds if you turn the corner ahead, that the entire enemy team will be there in a firing line. Then where you can run to in certain mechs to get a free kill right off the bat. (caustic Valley does have those spots to get someone.)

Just being able to guess or more likely deduce from information on the movement of the other team is what you need to place yourself and others in an optimal location to have local area superiority.

Remember, use the mark I eye balls to see things and talk on VOIP. All information helps especially when a LRM boat sees a stealth armor mech running down a valley and needs someone to bail them out on that extended light mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users