Set Of 8 Quirks Are Bad

3 replies to this topic

#1 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Set of 8 quirks....cant stand em, they make omnimechs ****** in comparison to standard battlemechs if you dont use the right omnipods.
Make quirks bound, either to A: the omnipod, not the set.
Or B. to the variant itself, just like every other battlemech.

Omnimechs already have disadvantages in terms of customization to compensate for their ability to equip different pods. With set of 8, unless we want to gimp ourselves, omnipods are relatively pointless. Sure we get to equip whatever weapon we want in that slot. but i lose heat gen, fire rate, cooldown, and range quirks doing it.

Apply quirks across the MECH that effect the way the entire chassis plays, not variants.
For example..the catapult! tried and true.
Given quirks that....
Increase range of arm mounted weapons
Reduce cooldown of arm mounted weapons
Increase zoom
Why? the catapult is an artillery support mech, or meant to be. Give it general quirks across the chassis itself that represent that.

Such should be done with all mechs.

Edited by XkrX Dragoon, 16 August 2017 - 02:40 AM.

#2 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

I agree and disagree.

Agree: annoying that there is so much tendency to keep it like a standard battlemech with less customization.
Disagree: Set-bonus is completely optional, and rarely game-breaking good, but sometimes it does allow different playstyles.

Example: myst lynx prime (2b, 2m) sucks without the set bonusd, but without this set bonus, only laser and missile would be viable combinations.

#3 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

Most OmniPods have some quirks that are not part of the 8-part OM bonus, and they allow for some pretty neat builds. I use mostly OMs, and almost none of them has the 8-part bonus, but I use the pod quirks. The 8-part bonus I rarely consider, and quite frankly I find it difficult to understand how you guys (someone else brought it up somewhere else) can let yourself be limited by such a way of thinking.

#4 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Are all 8 required? Perhaps they should make it scale with the same ominpod? They could make it apply only to those that match the CT. Or not and make it a fun quirk puzzle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users