Periphery And Other Factions Added To Inner Sphere Factions

97 replies to this topic

Poll: Periphery Factions and Other Factions (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the Periphery and other faction as playable factions?

1. Yes (115 votes [94.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.26%

2. No (7 votes [5.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

The Periphery:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Periphery
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Other Factions:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Periphery and other faction forum icons:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Periphery and other faction profile examples:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Before we start on this poll, I want to get these questions out of the way.
Spoiler

IS Factions to align with and why:

House Davion
Outworlds Alliance - They have good relations with the Federated Suns.

House Liao
Magistracy of Canopus -Allied with the Capellan Confederation and the Taurian Concordat due to the Trinity Alliance.
Taurian Concordat - They share a sworn hatred for House Davion, and are allied with the Capellan Confederation and the Magistracy of Canopus due to the Trinity Alliance.
St.Ives Compact - Despite their heritage with House Liao, They believe themselves to be the best parts of Capellan culture and are rebelling against the Capellan Confederation.

House Marik
Marian Hegemony - Allied with the Free Worlds League as a counterbalance to the Confederation's Trinity Alliance. Has a feud with the Taurian Concordat and the Magistracy of Canopus.
Word of Blake - They have cordial relations and support from the Free Worlds League. They also have ties to House Marik because their "Master" is lead by the real Thomas Marik.
Circinus Confederation - Despite constantly raid on House Marik, they have allign themselves with the Word of Blake. Thus making them de-facto allies to House Marik.

Even though this game is about the IS vs Clan, the Periphery factions should have their attention as well. Obviously, since we know that the new factions are going to share the same colors with their IS counterparts, they should be added to the game regardless. So should the Periphery and other factions be added in for the Inner Sphere or not?

One day these could appear as a faction icon in the forums:
Posted Image Posted Image

UPDATE: St. Ives Compact added (Credit goes to Veredith for the St.Ives logo)

Edited by Will9761, 25 January 2019 - 12:40 AM.

#2 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Bumping for periphery interest.

#3 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 231 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:37 AM

I am 100 million C-Bill % ALL for this!

Word of Blake for me!

Praise Blake!

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

We would definitely like to see CSA (among other factions) introduced since we're one of the most active units in this game and since it's all one bucket per side anyway for FP, there's no real downside to adding folks' favorite factions imo. A little art work, an extra line of code added and done.

Treat them the same as CSV (no planetary voting, vote falls in with one of the original Invaders, like Clan Wolf if I'm not mistaken).

#5 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, the "Big 4" and "Main 6" had their fun, so it is time for the new guys to step in.

#6 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

Bring me the Marian Hegemony, please.

#7 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

In Blake's words we find wisdom.

*cough* *cough*

I mean, It would certainly be nice if the periphery and other factions would be represented as well. They are a major part of battletech lore after all.

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

bump

#9 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:30 AM

no reason why not. its just an xp bar with a different title, and different picture next to your name.

#10 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 231 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

Where all the Blakist at? I know you're in the shadows and soon... just soon, we will rise. Blakist unite!

Praise Blake!

#11 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19,792 posts
  • LocationGenau hier

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

I don't stand in the Shadows.... I don't lurk in the dark.... I stand firm, with flaming heart.
The bringer of light ....

... no you idiots the torch in my hand should symbolize the....
... stop it i don't want to burn your house..... I wasn't who set it aflame - I think it was.....
...ok I you idiots follow the guy that burned your house but you point your dirty fingers at me
...this is not how it should have happen, but if this is truly my faith - so be it

#12 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

What about converting the Freelancer career path (which is a bit meh) to use these?

#13 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

I like the idea of the Freelancer as a pirate career path since that what they were in lore. Just replace the Atlas icon with an Atlas skull and crossbones and it could work. You could even make them as a lance and call them a pirate band. If players wanted make unaffiliated units without being mercs or loyalists, I can accept this system as a Pirate Career path. Still, Periphery and the other factions should be IS aligned due to buckets.

#14 Archbishop Lyon

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSouthern Mississippi

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:42 AM

Magistracy of Canopus!

#15 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

lol it's gone from 4v 6, to one v one, they only adding the "backup" invading clans because they wanted to, perhiphery states were either all pirates, completely broke, or fourth world hellholes, and people only want Wobbies, so they can then move the timeline into the "cancer age" (dark age was garbage for big stompy fights) mixed combat was terriberuuuu
Tldr; nooooooooo reeeeee wobbies :3

Edited by ShadowHimself, 04 September 2017 - 05:42 AM.

#16 Elennai

• PipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLancaster, UK

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:40 AM

View PostShadowHimself, on 04 September 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

perhiphery states were either all pirates, completely broke, or fourth world hellholes

I very much disagree. My unit hails from the Taurian Concordat and even a cursory examination of the information available at places like Sarna would show some variance between lore and your opinion with regards to the TC.

That aside I'd like to see the peripheries added. As has been mentioned before, since it's all one bucket versus the other there's no cost except a little more art and a little more coding.

Seems like a cheap way to give some of the player base what they want without pissing the rest off.

#17 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostShadowHimself, on 04 September 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

lol it's gone from 4v 6, to one v one, they only adding the "backup" invading clans because they wanted to, perhiphery states were either all pirates, completely broke, or fourth world hellholes, and people only want Wobbies, so they can then move the timeline into the "cancer age" (dark age was garbage for big stompy fights) mixed combat was terriberuuuu
Tldr; nooooooooo reeeeee wobbies :3

Not exactly true, The Taurian Concordat is known for its education and strong economy and the Magistracy of Canopus is known for its in entertainment industry and media. Some people want Taurians, Marians, and Canopians as stated in the post above you. Also the Blakists were founded after Tukkayid in 3052 and got eliminated in 3081 during the Jihad Era, so they weren't even considered a thought in the Dark Age Era (thought I do agree with you on the DA Era). But like I said earlier, if a person wants to actually be those factions, let them be.

#18 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Tc was the only exception*^

And actually had a decent milita/combined arms regiment

#19 Emery

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

No love for the St. Ives Compact?

I for one would love to be able to play as a St Ives pilot. XD

#20 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Just because you said that comment, I'm adding the St. Ives Compact to the list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users