24 replies to this topic

#1 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

He has to say this to white supremacist.

"Your heroes are losers... They lived the rest of their lives in shame and now they rest in hell"

DAMN!

Edited by DAYLEET, 20 August 2017 - 09:49 PM.

#2 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

This is why I love Arnie, not only is he an awesome action movie actor but he can tell it like it is.

#3 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostWill9761, on 19 August 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

This is why I love Arnie, not only is he an awesome action movie actor but he can tell it like it is.

Ive heard countless, uninteresting speech about racism. Canned opinion you expect someone to say when hes forced to express an opinion about racism. I remember none. Ill remember what Arnold said for the rest of my life. He dropped the mic in a fashion that no one can ever pick it up. Not like anyone should pick up a mic drop about "racism=bad" but this one hit too hard.

#4 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 August 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Ive heard countless, uninteresting speech about racism. Canned opinion you expect someone to say when hes forced to express an opinion about racism. I remember none. Ill remember what Arnold said for the rest of my life. He dropped the mic in a fashion that no one can ever pick it up. Not like anyone should pick up a mic drop about "racism=bad" but this one hit too hard.

True dat

#5 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

well said Arnold well said

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

well said indeed

#7 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

• There are two sides if someone is intentionally stirring things up for political gain. I heard angry voices from those who are against hatred. Hate equals hate no matter how it's packaged. Look for yourselves. By the way, the SS troops and who did those crimes are long dead, laying in their grave
  • The Civil war was about brother against brother. Is this not what is happening again? Democrat vs. Republican, Anti Protester vs Protester instead of North vs South.

Edited by Kalimaster, 21 August 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#8 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 21 August 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

The Civil war was about brother against brother. Is this not what is happening again?

No. The USA isnt divided on the {Godwin's Law} matter, it wasnt back in 1945 and it isnt now. Theres a very small group, making noises as loud as possible to scare and look big.

Democrat vs. Republican

Are you ***** serious? also, NOPE.

Anti Protester vs Protester instead of North vs South.

Wrong again. Protesters can be about anything and there is no such thing an "ANTI" protesters. just protesters facing other protesters. No one is saying that protesting is bad. But obviously any decent human beings should be against proliferation of {Godwin's Law} idealism.

White supremacist can be associated with anything. You can find ******** in every part of society. Your gross generalisation of the South part of the USA and the republican part of the USA political system is in fact appalling and likely hides an agenda. Associating {Godwin's Law} to any other group is trivialising them. They like to call themselves catholics too(or whatever other religous organisation they do associate with). Why didnt you pull the science vs religion? or do you understand how this one is a ridiculous comparison based on fallacies but not the others?

I heard angry voices from those who are against hatred. Hate equals hate no matter how it's packaged...

Im not sure if you're: Pulling the naive and dangerous "lets be zen about it." move. Or if you think that decent human beings, being angry of {Godwin's Law} ideologies being shouted in their country, is a bad thing. WW2 wasnt won with ***-sitting while saying feelgood things. If you think im advocating violence here you are again dead wrong. What im saying is you have to be proactive into not letting social rejects who dont have a friend in the world become hateful {Godwin's Law}.

...Look for yourselves

This is following the above quotation and i have to ask. How high were you when you posted this? Did you get lost in your train of thought? Because im not sure even you knows what point you were trying to make.

#9 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

You have made several references to Godwin's Law: Don't understand the reference.

You want peace. Take Martian Luther King as an example.

Oh, by the way. Without people like Robert E. Lee, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and California would still be part of Mexico. Yeah, as one person put it, "Would that be a problem". I prefer to have those states. Also Utah and Oregon also may have been added due to his legacy as the U.S. expanded. See the Mexican War if you are curious, although the information is hard to find.

Edited by Kalimaster, 21 August 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#10 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 21 August 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

You have made several references to Godwin's Law: Don't understand the reference.\

Its censorship about a word about an organisation that used the sawstika as a symbol.

You want peace. Take Martian Luther King as an example.

we're not at war. Dont mean there isnt a tumor that needs to be cut out.

Oh, by the way. Without people like Robert E. Lee, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and California would still be part of Mexico. Yeah, as one person put it, "Would that be a problem". I prefer to have those states. Also Utah and Oregon also may have been added due to his legacy as the U.S. expanded. See the Mexican War if you are curious, although the information is hard to find.

What is your point, be more clear. History book are not being rewritten or erased. Neither are borders. Dont be like Russia who keep a fake Stalin body to celebrate the lesser monster we had to ally with. He who killed millions of his own people.

#11 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

Please... Arnold did use the North & South or the {Godwin's Law} Regime just as example that everybody can understand without digging any deeper.
Was the US Civil War a campagin to liberate slaves? No it was not? It was just a "Flag" to feel moralistic superior. Arn't there storries about black ammericans that fought on the side of the South? I think it was just a "political issue" to keep the British from supporting the south - were as their "Anti Slavery" campagin might have just be grounded on "economics" - or do you think that a 19 Century British Citizen give a damn about a "black skined" human.
Don't forget that it were british and us scientist at the beginning of the 20st Century that wrote tabs and books about the superiority of the white western race ... and it was the foundation of {Godwin's Law} war of the races ideology.

In other word complete bull crap
Same about WW1; WW2; Korea, Vietnam, Irak we were told storries about those wars in school, and that they are just storries.
Its never that easy.
I could be even more extreme... its a hyperbole but sometimes you need a big bullet to deliver the message.
Kalimaster delivered a perfect reason... the Mexican wars of the 19th Century.... the US did take land that did not belong to them from a other supreme nation. Nothing fancy back then isn't it? Look at India, Africa, Australia, South America.... everywhere the same ****

But in 1948 it became a crime against the international law for a country to start a war. Before it was the right of each nations supremacy to start a war.

So when German attacked Poland in 39 the only reason might have been to remove the polish blockade in the Danziger Bucht.
So just some show of strength to keep the "economic" working.
Similar to tPanama invasion at the end of 89 - at least the reason were the same "oh darn we need a reason to go to war and secure the economic of our nation" --- there is a difference in 39 it was "permited" by international law to start a war in 89 it was not.
So why didn't the Invasion of Panama started a 3rd World War (ok lets pretend there would have been no nuclear weapons)

But the facts and the "story" behind history doesn't matter when it boils down to people that think they are any better than others.
We are all equal - we breath the same air (ok some are forced to breath a more toxic air because their government don't give a damn) - and others starve because other nations use their fertile ground to produce "fuel" instead of "food" and so on.

Religion, Economcis, Political ambitions, Racists ideology and the rules and damage they inflict on humans is nothing but smoke and mirrors. When the game is over we end it the same crate (if we are lucky)

#12 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 21 August 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

Please... Arnold did use the North & South or the {Godwin's Law} Regime just as example that everybody can understand without digging any deeper.
Was the US Civil War a campagin to liberate slaves? No it was not? It was just a "Flag" to feel moralistic superior. Arn't there storries about black ammericans that fought on the side of the South? I think it was just a "political issue" to keep the British from supporting the south - were as their "Anti Slavery" campagin might have just be grounded on "economics" - or do you think that a 19 Century British Citizen give a damn about a "black skined" human.
Don't forget that it were british and us scientist at the beginning of the 20st Century that wrote tabs and books about the superiority of the white western race ... and it was the foundation of {Godwin's Law} war of the races ideology.

In other word complete bull crap
Same about WW1; WW2; Korea, Vietnam, Irak we were told storries about those wars in school, and that they are just storries.
Its never that easy.
I could be even more extreme... its a hyperbole but sometimes you need a big bullet to deliver the message.
Kalimaster delivered a perfect reason... the Mexican wars of the 19th Century.... the US did take land that did not belong to them from a other supreme nation. Nothing fancy back then isn't it? Look at India, Africa, Australia, South America.... everywhere the same ****

But in 1948 it became a crime against the international law for a country to start a war. Before it was the right of each nations supremacy to start a war.

So when German attacked Poland in 39 the only reason might have been to remove the polish blockade in the Danziger Bucht.
So just some show of strength to keep the "economic" working.
Similar to tPanama invasion at the end of 89 - at least the reason were the same "oh darn we need a reason to go to war and secure the economic of our nation" --- there is a difference in 39 it was "permited" by international law to start a war in 89 it was not.
So why didn't the Invasion of Panama started a 3rd World War (ok lets pretend there would have been no nuclear weapons)

But the facts and the "story" behind history doesn't matter when it boils down to people that think they are any better than others.
We are all equal - we breath the same air (ok some are forced to breath a more toxic air because their government don't give a damn) - and others starve because other nations use their fertile ground to produce "fuel" instead of "food" and so on.

Religion, Economcis, Political ambitions, Racists ideology and the rules and damage they inflict on humans is nothing but smoke and mirrors. When the game is over we end it the same crate (if we are lucky)

Please make a TLDR and reiterate your point, spell it. I DID read it but it felt like incoherent grandpa rambling. Maybe because no quoting was used and it could be about many things at the same times. I could quote every paragraph you wrote and ask you it pertain to what part of the situation and what is the point made, are you defending or attacking an opinion/event/fact/lie?. Is it the vid, is it something i said.

Was this all a vague point about the last part where i said "history book are not being rewriten"? I really cant associate anything you said clearly.

Edited by DAYLEET, 22 August 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#13 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 22 August 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

Please make a TLDR and reiterate your point, spell it. I DID read it but it felt like incoherent grandpa rambling. Maybe because no quoting was used and it could be about many things at the same times. I could quote every paragraph you wrote and ask you it pertain to what part of the situation and what is the point made, are you defending or attacking an opinion/event/fact/lie?. Is it the vid, is it something i said.

Was this all a vague point about the last part where i said "history book are not being rewriten"? I really cant associate anything you said clearly.

Yep sry grandpa rambling fits well enough sry for that. More in the directon of the simple examples used by Arnold, as well as the naivity of Kali to dare to say Lee was good because made US great back then :P

tldr - things are never that easy.
The path to war and hate is based on the mentioned naivity of people.
They never had and never would tell the true reasons to start wars. Because good luck in convincing young men to die and to kill so that some few get more money, gold, wifes, acre of land, grain...tomatos or chicken.
Maybe I'm wrong and some can proof that some religious or racist zealots are correct, or that in the thousands of years there were just one war started because of the right cause.

#14 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

yeah I am a bit confused also

basically Arnold said
to the victor go the spoils
Robert E Lee was on the loosing side
his land is now the site of Arlington national cemetery
when you are on the loosing side don't be surprised if your hero's monuments get torn down
it does not matter how great the man was he was he was on the loosing side

Then Arnold went into why he can say what he says he is from the land that was on the loosing side
in WWII
my family was in Germany from 1966 to 1969 our landlord was a WWII soldier
I was very young but I remember the American Tank convoys on the streets
I found out later the US had over 100,000 troops in Germany

if they would have had a {Godwin's Law} rally in Germany they would have gotten beaten down with extreme prejudice
as Germany puts the failed ideology of the {Godwin's Law} behind them

the countries that put these evil ideologies behind them have became some of the greatest countries on earth (Japan, Germany)

sorry for the poor writing

Edited by Davegt27, 24 October 2017 - 04:42 PM.

#15 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

I had the opportunity to talk to a skinhead nutbag the other week. He whined about free speech, etc. I pointed out that criticism is not oppression. He's not being arrested or rounded up and shot for his views - just told that his views are stupid.

Also pointed out that America isn't just "not a white nation", that the last time we felt with {Godwin's Law} we killed about a quarter million of them and the only reason we didn't nuke them is that we didn't have to.

There are few things more genuinely American than slapping down those sorts of racist nationalists. They think that getting shouted down by counter protesters is bad? What would have happened to those same neo-{Godwin's Law} nitwits on the streets of America in 1945?

#16 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

To the victor goes the spoils. But at what price?

Let's have a bit of fun with history.

At the Mountain Meadows Massacre, which some people tried to blame on the Indians, many of the victims were women and children, killed in the manner used by the Aztecs. That is to say had the living hearts cut out. Who did this? What religious group?

Lincoln survived being kicked in the head as a child. He also enjoyed reading. What was the name of the man who lent him books? Now this one is easy. A really old portrait of his wife hangs not more than two feet away from where I sit right now.

Willie Nelson smoked a joint from the roof of the white house during the Carter years. What did he have to say about it?

Carter is the only President to have claimed to have seen what in 1969 at a Lion's Club meeting?

Here is an easy one. What President during his younger years taught at the U of A earning him this... See link below.

https://www.wanderu....ton-300x283.png

I will toss a free one in. Jefferson's original draft of th Declaration of Independence condemned slavery. The Continental Congress struck it from the document. This was before the South ever existed. In the Northern States (Union) the provision for Slavery still exists as a rule of law that could be enacted today should the Constitution fail.

Okay, let's get mean.

Vince Foster was killed during the Clinton Administration. How did an assassin get through the security?

A member of the DNC said to have found out something about the would be president in this last election. Did the ballistics match his death and why was he running. What happened to he papers he had taken with him?

On 9/11 the wings of one plane snapped off and flew off in separate directions. The other plane appeared to have punched through or blasted through the building. What happened to the wreckage? Why was there no plane wreckage seen in the photos around the pentagon?
Who said this. "I am of the darkness. What I seek I will never tell, but when I find it people will run like hell."?

Becareful of what you do, for it may be history you write!

Vi

Ca

#17 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 23 August 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

To the victor goes the spoils. But at what price?

Let's have a bit of fun with history.

At the Mountain Meadows Massacre, which some people tried to blame on the Indians, many of the victims were women and children, killed in the manner used by the Aztecs. That is to say had the living hearts cut out. Who did this? What religious group?

Lincoln survived being kicked in the head as a child. He also enjoyed reading. What was the name of the man who lent him books? Now this one is easy. A really old portrait of his wife hangs not more than two feet away from where I sit right now.

Willie Nelson smoked a joint from the roof of the white house during the Carter years. What did he have to say about it?

Carter is the only President to have claimed to have seen what in 1969 at a Lion's Club meeting?

Here is an easy one. What President during his younger years taught at the U of A earning him this... See link below.

https://www.wanderu....ton-300x283.png

I will toss a free one in. Jefferson's original draft of th Declaration of Independence condemned slavery. The Continental Congress struck it from the document. This was before the South ever existed. In the Northern States (Union) the provision for Slavery still exists as a rule of law that could be enacted today should the Constitution fail.

Okay, let's get mean.

Vince Foster was killed during the Clinton Administration. How did an assassin get through the security?

A member of the DNC said to have found out something about the would be president in this last election. Did the ballistics match his death and why was he running. What happened to he papers he had taken with him?

On 9/11 the wings of one plane snapped off and flew off in separate directions. The other plane appeared to have punched through or blasted through the building. What happened to the wreckage? Why was there no plane wreckage seen in the photos around the pentagon?
Who said this. "I am of the darkness. What I seek I will never tell, but when I find it people will run like hell."?

Becareful of what you do, for it may be history you write!

Vi

Ca

If you arent confused out of your mind, can you give us a tldr? Because i dont think you understand what the video was about and what this thread is about.

#18 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

Guys ... stop digressing .
Praise Arnold for saying some home truths, let history be a lesson and keep marching onward into a glorious and globally united future .
You´re all still living on earth, last time I checked and those funny lines on the globe should mean absolutely less than zero.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

Do not discount the biological imperatives of nationalism. Differentiating "like me/not like me" is a survival instinct and it will never just go away.

However, so is just taking what you want. We have a lot of terrible instincts and rising above and beyond them is what makes us better as human beings.

What is awesome about what Arnold said is that it recognizes that it's a constant struggle, there is no magic fix and there will always be weak and cowardly people falling in to weak and cowardly behaviors and being a good person, being a good human being, includes standing up to and speaking out against that.

#20 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

Sometimes I wonder how things would have turned out if {Godwin's Law} had been accepted at munich art school.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users