Sound Issues

4 replies to this topic

#1 GreatCthulhu12

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Ok, so I can't hear ANYTHING in game, every other application on my computer works and has sound, its just this one. I have fiddled with the audio setting for at least a while and cant figure anything out. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

I would think that there are only three likely possibilities, one that the volume is way down (unlikely), secondarily that the wrong sound device is selected by the game, or thirdly that some bundled software is interfering ... I had one I had to get rid of because it was messing with my dual sound card setup ... you could check the log file to see how it interprets your sound devices, the file is located within
C:\Users\ *YOUR USER NAME* \Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Logs
and the sound stuff is about four or five pages down ... if theres some problem stopping it, it should make a note here ... so ...

#3 GreatCthulhu12

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Ok, so the volume is fine, the game is trying to use my default sound system, and I have no clue about bundled software. The log file isnt much help since I dont know what Im looking for either...

#4 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

theres two lines you probably want to look at, given below, where the audio system starts, if you search for the first one, the second should be a few lines down
FmodEx-AudioDevice: Now running on driver:
Using speaker mode:

the first line tells you for which sound device has been selected via default, I've been through and disabled my erroneous devices, so my list only contains the 3 of the normal 12 or 13 potential elements I could route sound to ...

the second line tells us the speaker configuration the game is attempting to use ....

in terms of potentially interfering software, one that comes to mind is called 'SonicSuite', some of the rgb control software that's been out lately has been pretty crappy ... but again, not overly likely ..

have you tried manually selecting the sound device you want in the settings ? beneath that there are options for VOIP, and you might want to try manually selecting the other mode, you might need to try both in reality, or maybe disable the VOIP, essentially its a hidden secondary client that also hooks into the sound card ... and some might not like that, but that's getting much less common these days ...

if you want you can post the whole log into here, you just put formatting around it that reads
[spoiler][code][/ code][/ spoiler]
without the spaces, I had to put those in so the forum doesn't 'interpret' them!

#5 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:02 AM

I had a similar problem which was caused by my bluetooth headphones. In MWO's settings the mic was set to default which means it will use the headphone's mic instead of my second (better) one on my desk. And whenever my headphones mic is used it switches to a low-quality BT-profile which does not work properly with MWO. So i had sound everywhere except MWO just like you.

I had to manually set the mic in MWO's settings to my desktop one to prevent this from happening. Try tinkering with those settings for mic and audio sources even if you don't use any fancy bluetooth audio stuff. You can also try to disable any voip stuff in MWO.

Edited by Daggett, 25 August 2017 - 07:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users