65 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Hey everyone.

So recently there was some talk regarding the "Heat Containment" skill not effecting anything past the base level heat threshold. We have looked into this and have found this to indeed be the case and the skills are currently not working as intended. We will be submitting a fix for this with the September patch.

The intent of the Heat Containment skills are to have them act as a modifier for the total heat threshold including what you gain from equipped heatsinks.

We know that this has been a topic of discussion for a bit, but we wanted to ensure that we had a solution in place before forwarding any information along.

Thanks.

#2 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

A member of PGI staff admitting to a perceived fault, updating us on it and promising an update in a timely manner?

Thanks, Chris but... did I fall into a parallel world?

Seriously. This is good. I like this. Thank you. It's just... new.

Edited by Smites, 22 August 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#3 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 22 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Hey everyone.

So recently there was some talk regarding the "Heat Containment" node not effecting anything past the base level heat threshold. We have looked into this and have found this to indeed be the case and the skills are currently not working as intended. We will be submitting a fix for this with the September patch.

The intent of the Heat Containment skills are to have them act as a modifier for the total heat threshold including what you gain from equipped heat sinks.

We know that this has been a topic of discussion for a bit, but we wanted to ensure that we had a solution in place before forwarding any information along.

Thanks.
Thanks!

View PostSmites, on 22 August 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

A member of PGI staff admitting to a perceived fault, updating us on it and promising an update in a timely manner?

I'll be goddamned if I wasn't thinking the EXACT f'ing thing, word for word...

#4 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

Great thank you Chris

#5 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

I've also noticed that there aren't any Quadrupeds in the game, you should fix that error too in the patch Posted Image

But yeah, it's a good fix, didn't know there was an issue, but it's nice that it's getting fixed.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 22 August 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#6 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 22 August 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I've also noticed that there aren't any Quadrupeds in the game, you should fix that error too in the patch Posted Image
Word!

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Well, thats cool to get some feedback, probably means my Mech can become hotter than be4...albeit, when i think over it i would like to have it more cool:

Aside of that, if i am alowed to mind, i see another Problem on the Solaris-Horizon and thats Mechnames and the amount of allowed characters bcs i cant use this name:

Regards

T.

#8 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostSmites, on 22 August 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

and you know... this could go on if we're not going to be @ssholes about it.

#9 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 22 August 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

and you know... this could go on if we're not going to be @ssholes about it.
We were nice, for a long time... I think it has to be re-earned.

We used to have a good programmer who would interact with us a lot, answer questions, a lot, and he and the player community were absolutely on GREAT terms.

That guy got a job elsewhere because he was obviously a great person to have on a development team.

Since his loss, the vacuum has evoked a lot of DESERVED wrath from the player base.

#10 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 22 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Hey everyone.

So recently there was some talk regarding the "Heat Containment" node not effecting anything past the base level heat threshold. We have looked into this and have found this to indeed be the case and the skills are currently not working as intended. We will be submitting a fix for this with the September patch.

The intent of the Heat Containment skills are to have them act as a modifier for the total heat threshold including what you gain from equipped heat sinks.

Thanks.

Good.
Now, as laserboating will be even more easy, is it possible to buff ballistic a bit, a weapon system that is not point and click, but requires skills?

Thanks

#11 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 22 August 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Now, as laserboating will be even more easy, is it possible to buff ballistic a bit, a weapon system that is not point and click, but requires skills?

Thanks
Careful... a lot of ballistics have become "drink from the fire hose" type weapons, not requiring all that much 'skill' to use...

#12 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 22 August 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Careful... a lot of ballistics have become "drink from the fire hose" type weapons, not requiring all that much 'skill' to use...

And that's why gauss and uac have been heavily nerfed in last weapon pass (like 6-12 months ago)... :D

#13 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 22 August 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Good.

Thanks

On the other hand, the Operations skill tree is generally passed over for other trees because everything in that tree except Cool run and Heat Containment is useless. This will help give some incentive to invest in Ops.

#14 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostFupDup, on 22 August 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

On the other hand, the Operations skill tree is generally passed over for other trees because everything in that tree except Cool run and Heat Containment is useless. This will help give some incentive to invest in Ops.

and on the other hand, fixing "heat cont" is also a direct buff to laser. A thing that we really don't need, after that infamous stooopid gauss and uac nerf

#15 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 22 August 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

And that's why gauss and uac have been heavily nerfed in last weapon pass (like 6-12 months ago)... :D
Gauss was never a 'drink from the fire hose' type weapon.

Gauss was nerfed because Russ gets headshot WAY too often...

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 22 August 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

and on the other hand, fixing "heat cont" is also a direct buff to laser. A thing that we really don't need, after that infamous stooopid gauss and uac nerf
It's a buff to any heat generating weapon.

So... You know, there's that...

#16 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostFupDup, on 22 August 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Problem is, the skill points that used to live in the Ops tree have moved on to different digs and are happy where they are.
I dont see them moving back to the old neighborhood..

..meh.

#17 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

Thank you for explaining what is up and taking the time (and chance) to interact with the players on this topic, Chris. With luck, maybe this thread won't snowball out of control with follow up posts asking for other items.

If this post is an experiment in responding to players who are posting concerns in the correct forum section, I'm finding myself having to make a guess that it's the Support & Feedback section, but am uncertain which sub section is the right one. Were players being encouraged to post in the Patch feedback section, or is it the Features section?

#18 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 22 August 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Gauss was never a 'drink from the fire hose' type weapon.

Gauss was nerfed because Russ gets headshot WAY too often...

It's a buff to any heat generating weapon.

So... You know, there's that...

LOL.
u are not serious right? I hope

Because u know, 1° grade math:

(for instance):
ac10+ammo-----> 12 tons+tons for ammo =10 dmg
LPL -----> 10 dmg for 7 ton... AND YOU CAN INVEST THOSE FIVE AND MORE FREE TONS IN DHS.

So, yes, IT IS a straight buff to laser.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 22 August 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#19 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

I feel like 2018's going to be a great year for PGI, they're adding in lots of new and exciting content, their looking at the long standing balance issues, and they seem to be on the right track. I like it. Posted Image

#20 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 22 August 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

LOL.
u are not serious right? I hope

Because u know, 1° grade math:

(for instance):
ac10+ammo-----> 12 tons+tons for ammo =10 dmg
LPL -----> 10 dmg for 7 ton... AND YOU CAN INVEST THOSE FIVE AND MORE FREE TONS IN DHS.

So, yes, IT IS a straight buff to laser.
Reading comprehension much: I didn't say it wasn't a buff for lasers, what I did say was that it is a buff to ALL heat generating weapons, and it is.

View PostDakota1000, on 22 August 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

I feel like 2018's going to be a great year for PGI, they're adding in lots of new and exciting content, their looking at the long standing balance issues, and they seem to be on the right track. I like it. Posted Image
I appreciate your enthusiasm.

I've become too jaded from way too many past experiences with PGI to share in it.

But GOD do I hope you're right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users