Airstrike Warrior Online Must Stop!

169 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

These damn things never bothered me till today but OMG..

nothing but strike after strike after strike today, every round...I have never once seen it this bad.

#2 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Twitter Russ otherwise NOTHING will change

#3 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

I've never seen Broken Arrow called in a match other than the occasional few strikes here and there... dunno what everyone is complaining about.

#4 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Even levelled strikes are pretty slow. Getting a good hit from one would mean you are too much stationary.

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

need one strike per mech limit

#6 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

Need strikes only equippable on light mechs. Role warfare™.

#7 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 27 August 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

+1

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

you know this is an interesting concept.

maybe modify it a bit though, lights have faster cooldown and the ability to use 2.. Larger mechs have slower global cooldown, and the ability to use only one

#9 DukeDublin

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

I'll refute this point, light 'mechs are still 'mechs with players piloting them. I don't believe red smoke promotes healthy player to player interaction. Right now artillery is intangible, a ghost, magic. MWO's focus on unique role warfare is compromised by how powerful a combat decider Strikes are. Players will toss a Strike down as they are on the verge of death hoping to secure a kill, and they will place them onto UAV's or other places without visibility because that's what magic allows.

#10 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

I've been hearing a bit about strikes being such a problem, but personally I've not been affected at all. I rarely ever get hit at all since they're very easy to dodge and see coming most of the time, and when I do get hit its usually just one shell getting close but just making my armor yellow.

I really don't know how people are managing to get hit by a full barrage of a strike in light mechs and stuff.

#11 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

"lol just dodge"

Right, because they never get dropped on the far side of cover where you can't see the smoke at all, never get dropped behind you from 800m away, never get dropped on you when you're in something that isn't fast enough to get out of the area, never get dropped on you where your choice is between pushing alone into the enemy team's guns and dying, turning away and eating both the strike and rear-armor shots, or reversing and eating the strike anyways. Or, for that matter, never get dropped in a moronic spot that still hits you because they're magic bombs or shells that teleport directly to the ground in the AoE relative to the X/Y position of the smoke regardless of intervening terrain or the smoke's elevation.

It didn't matter much when you could only have one and only 3-4 people tops carried them, but when most matches are an endless stream of strikespam on cooldown it's atrocious.

#12 PurplePuke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

Thread after thread complaining about them. I just don't see the big deal. Occasionally I get damaged by one, but for the most part they're harmless.

Git gud?

#13 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 27 August 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

I've been hearing a bit about strikes being such a problem, but personally I've not been affected at all. I rarely ever get hit at all since they're very easy to dodge and see coming most of the time, and when I do get hit its usually just one shell getting close but just making my armor yellow.

I really don't know how people are managing to get hit by a full barrage of a strike in light mechs and stuff.

I had a match on Alpine earlier today. It was actually my first for the day, in my MLX-ED.

I'm at the top of the hill overlooking the domination point. A Javelin gets big eyes, panics, drops a strike and bolts. I dodge it with my JJs. I climb back up on the opposite side of the hill and...find a new strike waiting for me. I manage to dodge this one, too. I loop around the other side and engage some targets...and then get skimmed by a third artillery strike that had been placed lower down.

This was in the space of ~90 seconds. There was no ball of 'Mechs, here. These were three distinct locations and directions. I can't possibly know them all or see them all. I shouldn't have to be weaving through a constant stream of shells like that, each of which could end my run early. And that it takes zero user effort and minimal risk to use these is just salt in the wound.

#14 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 27 August 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

I had a match on Alpine earlier today. It was actually my first for the day, in my MLX-ED.

I'm at the top of the hill overlooking the domination point. A Javelin gets big eyes, panics, drops a strike and bolts. I dodge it with my JJs. I climb back up on the opposite side of the hill and...find a new strike waiting for me. I manage to dodge this one, too. I loop around the other side and engage some targets...and then get skimmed by a third artillery strike that had been placed lower down.

This was in the space of ~90 seconds. There was no ball of 'Mechs, here. These were three distinct locations and directions. I can't possibly know them all or see them all. I shouldn't have to be weaving through a constant stream of shells like that, each of which could end my run early. And that it takes zero user effort and minimal risk to use these is just salt in the wound.

What happened to the global cooldowns on those things?

Also why is the enemy team launching strike after strike at a Mist Lynx? I don't doubt it happening, but dang, you'd think the enemies would have some sense to use those strikes on targets that they'd hit rather than barely graze after 3 of them.

#15 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 27 August 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Also why is the enemy team launching strike after strike at a Mist Lynx?

This is a sign of them being much too cheap.

#16 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

View PostInfinityBall, on 27 August 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

This is a sign of them being much too cheap.

More likely a sign of players having far too many cbills sitting in their accounts. The vets who play hours a day every day sit around with hundreds of millions of cbills at any given time and enough mechs to drive a new one each day of the year.

#17 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Enemy light Wolfpack lines up behind a high rise in frozen city assault around E7. Atm18 into each on approach. Strike out. Jade falcon war horn on loop. My face : checshire cat. Winning.jpg

#18 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 27 August 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

What happened to the global cooldowns on those things?

Also why is the enemy team launching strike after strike at a Mist Lynx? I don't doubt it happening, but dang, you'd think the enemies would have some sense to use those strikes on targets that they'd hit rather than barely graze after 3 of them.

My guess is that they were launching them at the hill because 'Mechs do like to camp up there. Unfortunately for them, my team didn't camp that hill until later. Fortunately for them, my team didn't leave the hill after that, and the enemy got away scott-free when we could have easily secured four kills early and the win, since those four would have included the two top-rate players that carried the team, an Assault, and a Heavy.

And the global cooldown is, what, 10 seconds?

#19 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

Meh get nuked by airstrikes before blame myself for not paying attention. Spamming airstrikes can hurt you if you don't do good, I mean 80k from airstrikes then counting coolshots too 160k is alot of cbills in total gonna hurt one end match check.

#20 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 27 August 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Meh get nuked by airstrikes before blame myself for not paying attention. Spamming airstrikes can hurt you if you don't do good, I mean 80k from airstrikes then counting coolshots too 160k is alot of cbills in total gonna hurt one end match check.

But if you are good, then that risk that you have a match with a bad payout is small.

View PostBattlemaster56, on 27 August 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

But if you are good, then that risk that you have a match with a bad payout is small.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users