#1 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

Hello everyone, Kitty Bacon here! I am here to bring you a Treb build that has been quite fun to run. It is a poptart mech, of sorts, but overall is a support mech. It is the TBT-7M!
TBT-7M 'French Catapult'

This Treb is designed with a pair of LRM 10s supplemented by 3 Medium Lasers for close combat. 3 Jump Jets ensure that the mech can jump a good distance in the air and has enough ammo to keep missiles on target.

To make the build work, a Narc with one and a half tons of ammunition is needed to ensure you get yourself (and any allies you run with) good locks that last.

Tactics: This mech is squishy, being 55 tons. But, it does have good mobility and is quite slender. How one would play this mech is like a light mech. Head out ahead of the main force and try to find the enemy. You do not want to get too far ahead, however, since if lights rush you its game over. Stay close enough that you can get support from your allies.

Once the enemy is spotted, be patient. Wait for them to get into narcing range. Once they are, jump up from behind cover and see if you can spot a target worth narcing. Once you have chosen which mech you wish to narc, fire said narc in the air and see if it hit. If it did, run back to a safe position and shoot missiles at it until it runs into cover, the narc wears off, or it dies. Once the narc ends or the mech you are shooting is in cover, repeat the process and narc a new target.

Map positioning is important in this mech. If you can get around to a flanking position safely, it can pay off. Keep in mind you do not have much firepower. Your only job is to suppress enemy mechs and strip armor off bigger threats. the spread of the LRM10s should be just tight enough that all your LRMs with the narc bonus should hit an enemy' torso only.

This is just a very small guide I thought I would share on an LRMing/Narcing Treb. Feedback is welcome! If you have a good game in it, post the results~!

Edited by Kitty Bacon, 31 August 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#2 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Have had this build for a long long time (4yrs and never had to change much on it) and always loved it. Fun 'boat' if you can call it that. Prefer this over the tag version as you are squishy and can't facetime to keep a tag on target. Long long NARC timer on this is a must and works wonders.

#3 GrumpyMuppet

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

I bought a trebuchet last night, and meant to use it as an MRM mech. The one with only 2 middle hard points but works to velocity and cool down.
Turns out it makes a bad MRM mech for the FaceTime reason you outline.

Any reason a narc in the arm and LRM 20 with Artemis won't work the same as your build?

#4 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

Only reasons would be faster ROF and tighter spreads on the 10's. Not sure on heat, never ran a 20 as even with NARC/TAG I prefer the concentrated damage of the 10's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users