Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

https://mwomercs.com...?t=201709supply

#2 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

As somebody still having 21000 SP (started with 25000), double XP event means nothing to me.
Sorry PGI.

I also bet that we have more vets with tons of SP than new players who actually can make use of such an event.

Back in the days when GXP was still a thing I used a double XP event to convert mech XP to GXP.
But Now I have like 1.000.000 GXP and this is point is also moot.

Edited by Antares102, 01 September 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#3 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

Do scouting matches count for the Faction Play supply caches/keys?

#4 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

I am a liitle bit dissapointed over this event.

Thanks to your policy of not returning the full c-bill price of the modules, as russ stated at the mechcon 2016, everybody is swimming in GSP. So who needs a douple xp-Weekend, as some players can fully skill the next 800 mechs?

Better think about that nexttime.

#5 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

The in-game economy is so unbelievably screwed.

#6 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

"Receive a bonus Supply Cache and Key for every Supply Cache and Key Reward earned (injected at the end of the event)."

Still need to win the game in quick play.

Quote that...

Edited by KodiakGW, 01 September 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#7 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 01 September 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

So, you need to:
1) Win the game.
2) Have the blessings of the RNG gods so you get a Supply Cache upon that win.

No I think you get a set of Supply Cache AND a key.
But since you never get the good stuff out of the caches, only the minor stuff, who cares.

Edited by tee5, 01 September 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#8 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

"Receive a bonus Supply Cache and Key for every Supply Cache and Key Reward earned (injected at the end of the event)."

So, you need to:
1) Win the game.

Yeah......

you need to read

Supply Cache Challenge
  • Earn a Supply Cache and Supply Cache Key for every Victory with a Match Score above 100 in Quick Play (up to a total of 15)
  • Earn a Supply Cache and Supply Cache Key for every Match played with a Match Score above 100 in Faction Play (up to a total of 15)
  • Buy a Tournament Supporter Pack and get your supply Caches and Keys doubled at the end of the event!

#9 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

So, you need to:
1) Win the game.

Yeah......
The Tournament Support Pack does not affect any Supply Caches you get in the normal course of gameplay, only ones awarded for the event goals.

TL;DR:
The event rewards up to 30 Caches + Keys
Tournament Support Pack adds another 30 Caches + Keys

Edited by Horseman, 01 September 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#10 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Anybody else want to quote and correct me?

Still need my point number 1 in quick play.

#11 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

PGI, I'm not going to gripe over GSP like those above. Some have it, some use it, some leave it be to show they earned it. I get people being mad, as I was one of those, but I've simply come to accept what happened there, directly from the actions of cheapskates (I was NOT one of them, by the way...) and their Module Swapping. -_-

Now PGI, what I am going to gripe about is the fact that this Event, given Queue Times, feels like another "Pressure Cooker"... Even around weekends, there are those who must deal with Real Life concerns, also preventing them from having ~25 hours of time within 96 hours of Event Time to dedicate to MWO. Worse, Labor Day Weekend compounds on top of things here in the U.S.A. this time around (and likely some things in other countries), making it even harder for many to access the game. I'm also pre-compensating with my estimate here for failed rounds and delays that many will experience even while being logged in and playing. Looking at this with a careful eye, my recommendation is that this Event be made a full week long at the minimum, in order to provide for those with time-limiting situations. There is NO good reason to be so nasty to them, and ALL the reason to extend the Event Time Limits to include those people who could help keep the queues up for an extended period. Didn't you read my praise for making the last Event as long as it happened to be, and how I noted that it was great being able to play when individual people were able? Didn't you see how the match queue flow remained rather enoyably useful, PGI? Read that post I made @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/256212-alpha-strike-event-with-cool-new-warhorns/page__view__findpost__p__5878541, before you turn this New Event into an upsetting nightmare that burns people out and makes them NOT want to play! Aim to make your player base happy, and the rest just flows right in. :mellow:

As for me personally, I'm also sitting on 3 days of A.P.T. (Active Premium Time) that hasn't redeemed yet. However, I wish I could control when it activates without having to stay logged out, or swap it out and add the (MC) value (~650, I think?) to my stuff instead. I would like to get in on this Event, but I'm stuck having trouble getting myself to decide to play because this Event is short, I would be in conflict with my family (something you should NOT be forced to do in Real Life), Labor Day Weekend is going on where I am, AND once I trigger that A.P.T. then I'm forced to log on and play for every moment I possibly can over the following 72 hours, simply in order to get any useful amount from it. I shouldn't have to forget an Event because of unavoidable Real Life issues combined with "Pressure Cooker"-style time frames! :(

Simply put, PGI, please understand that not everyone can just drop everything for an Event. Please understand why many of us need the Event time frame extended even before it starts, and make this Event at least a few days (adding about 3 should do, I think) longer. It will be MUCH appreciated by those who can then play without causing negative issues in their Real Life. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "No gripes about GSP here... However, plenty of gripes about Short Event Time Frames..." Devnull

#12 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 01 September 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Anybody else want to quote and correct me?

Still need my point number 1 in quick play.

Event hasn't started yet.

#13 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

Four days to get 30 matches ? Exactly why is that hard ?

#14 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 01 September 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Four days to get 30 matches ? Exactly why is that hard ?

15 Factions matches are relatively hard, if you have less time.

#15 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Yeah I would really like to know if scouting counts for faction or not instead of blowing an hour scouting as an experiment.

#16 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 01 September 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Yeah I would really like to know if scouting counts for faction or not instead of blowing an hour scouting as an experiment.

Make a game 5 minutes before the hour an you will now a few minutes later.

#17 PUFNSTUF

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

Aren't they doing away with keys and caches as we know them? So isn't it better to save these and not open anything?

Edited by PUFNSTUF, 01 September 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#18 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

You spelled "receive" wrong, PGI...

...come on, that's just pathetic!

#19 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostPUFNSTUF, on 01 September 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Aren't they doing away with keys and caches as we know them? So isn't it better to save these and not open anything?

Spring 2018 at the earliest. Also they never said that current caches will become new caches, so there's no reason not to open these.

#20 PUFNSTUF

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 01 September 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Spring 2018 at the earliest. Also they never said that current caches will become new caches, so there's no reason not to open these.

This is what I read in the announcement:

New Supply Cache system
Also currently planned to release alongside Solaris, the current Supply Cache system will be undergoing significant revisions aimed at making the Caches more accessible and more rewarding.
Rather than viewing the contents of each Cache prior to opening, and then receiving only one of the included items, the new system is geared at providing you with all the items within the Cache but without the ability to see its contents prior to opening. We will also be phasing out the Supply Cache Key system altogether; if you have a Cache in your inventory you'll simply be able to open it and get the goods, with no key or additional requirement needed.

You can expect more details regarding the new Cache system, along with details regarding the transition from the existing Cache and Key system to the new Supply Cache system, as we near its release next year.

So i assumed the part about opening caches in the inventory without keys meant that was current caches.

Edited by PUFNSTUF, 01 September 2017 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users