4 replies to this topic

#1 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dc3a7b59b40fe1f

Above is the build I've been running for my stealth ASN-27. Performs pretty good mostly wondering what I should do with the skill points I'll have available later on. Will update this post when that parts complete with in game photos. Let me know if there's anything specific i need to focus on.

Was considering the entire Movement and Operations trees... but I'm new to the mech and have zero idea what i actually NEED to be doing.

#2 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:03 AM

The Assasin plays a lot like a big light, so either go wolfpack with alpha lance or stick to charlie, provide ecm cover and backstab enemies engaging charlie. Or use your stealth armour to sneak into the enemies back.

Since stealth armour lowers your heat dissipation by a huge margin when active, you could change the 3x ER-ML for 3x ML, which trade heat for lower range. Normal medium lasers would also synergise better with the range of the SRM.

I'd get the 2 enhanced ecm nodes from the sensors tree (they're on the bottom left and bottom right).
Might as well grab seismic sensor (also near the bottom), which is only four nodes more.

Operations helps a lot with heat dissipation. Since ML and SRM have relatively high heat.
I'd go ~20 points into operations, taking only nodes necessary to grab heat containment and cool run nodes.

#3 Onyx9600

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:30 AM

I am running straight energy ... ER PPC pulse medium, medium. I have the cooling nodes and am working on heat generation nodes. Once I get all the lasers done, I am switching to a large pulse... limitless chain fire in stealth (basically). 26 pt alpha I think, plus some sneaky stand off still. I am not going to touch movement, but I am thinking about jump jets and finishing command or sensors for either the seismic or advanced capture.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:00 PM

@Onyx this build is...
not every mech with laser slots is a good laser mech. And to much mix in the laser setting.

Op: firepower left, armor left, ecm nodes. Consumables are prob a bit expensive as a starter so a bit in mobility can be ok.
Personally I would go xl and srm6 (with stealth u want to make the first shot hurt) and assassin is xl safe.

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:17 PM

Heat! Always with the heat management!

Every mech is constrained by the heat limit, and stealth mechs even more so, so I'd focus on heat management myself (Opersations node, Heat containment and cool run as well as Firepower with laser duration and heat gen,) armour (and might as well grab the structure whilst you're there,) and just a dip in mobility myself (Usually the left wing for torso speed to help with spreading damage. You do twist to spread damage, yes?) And yeah, I guess Ecm nodes make sense, seeing as how you went all stealth armour.

Also, how often do you use the jets? I often only keep one for assistance with hill climbing. An extra heat sink wouldn't feel outta place in that build, for me at least.

~Leone, of Kell's Commandos.

Edit: Ugh, wow you need 12 points in sensors to go full ECM, that hurts. Maybe trim the sides of the armour tree... for just 23 points to nab all the goodies at the bottom, 20 points in operations gets you every Heat containment and cool run. Leaves us with just 36 points.. my preferred agility is 17 points to get all the torso twists and grab three speed tweaks... But that's just too few left for weapons, I mean 19 would net you all the laser duration nodes but leave nothing for grabbing extra heat gen nodes.

Still, I think that'd be how I'd skill up that mech. If you want to get into more skill tree breakdowns, I offer this link: https://mwomercs.com...ryhard-edition/

Edited by Leone, 19 May 2020 - 03:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users