Chain Fire A Weapon Group

4 replies to this topic

#1 Edrick1976

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIndependence, OR

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

How do you chain fire a weapon group? I seen it done in game and for the life of me I can not find out how to do that in game. I have seen form post saying hit backspace and or space bar, but I have done this while selecting a weapons group but NOTHING happens. SO what am I missing?

#2 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

Backspace is default key. Select desired group by arrow keys and press backspace. Group/column will start flashing - chain fire is active for this group. It can be done in-game(battle/testing grounds) only, not in mechlab/weapon groups.

Edited by Van mw, 10 September 2017 - 02:45 AM.

#3 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Perhaps you mapped it to another key? When you hit backspace (or the mapped key) you should see cascading boxes moving don the number of the firing group. If backspace isn't working, check your keymapping.

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

View PostEdrick1976, on 10 September 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

How do you chain fire a weapon group? I seen it done in game and for the life of me I can not find out how to do that in game. I have seen form post saying hit backspace and or space bar, but I have done this while selecting a weapons group but NOTHING happens. SO what am I missing?

Do you mean chainfire WEAPONGROUPS (plural meaning group after group there is no such function btw) or toggle to chainfire weapons inside your actual weapons group?

The last thing is done by selecting the group (arrow keys by default on standart keyboard) you want to set to chainfire an then press backspace to set or disable chainfire.

Edited by The Basilisk, 10 September 2017 - 02:56 AM.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostEdrick1976, on 10 September 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Select weapon group with the left/right arrow keys. Press backspace to toggle chain fire on and off.

"On" has a series of black squares going from the top to the bottom which run down in sequence.

"Off" looks normal.

It's used here with fire group 1 and 2 set to chain fire at first, and I switch to regular fire when the enemy Cicada rushes me, and then I win the battle against 2 opponents when I switch back to chain fire. So there's your visual reference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users