Air & Artillery Strike

35 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove Air & Artillerystrikes? (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Remove Air & Artillerystrikes

1. Remove entirely (42 votes [40.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.38%

2. Make it 20+ Skill nodes or some other nerf (26 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Leave as it is (36 votes [34.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:25 AM

Some of you might remember.. We already had a time when 1 player was able to use 2 air / artillery strikes. People disliked it. PGI patched it. Thx.

Now that there is the skill tree its back again!? With a CRAZY amount of damage for only 5 nodes? At the same time you want to increase to time to kill. Thats ridiculous.

At some point I can understand that you guys want to implement everything from what we had before into the skill tree (so.. artillery modules as well). But not for lousy 5 nodes. Not in comparison of the damage potential! 2 Well placed strikes can do a 1000 damage or even more.

Yesterday in Faction play I got hit by 7 (SEVEN) artillery strikes with one and the same mech. Theoretically it might be possible to use 192 air / artillery strikes in only 1 match.

I have added a poll to this topic but in my opinion you can remove those air / artillery strikes entirely. Some of you might disagree because its part of the Battletech universe (just like ghost heat is part of the BT universe hu?) yada yada yada. Ok then.. Make it expensive to get there (20+ nodes or something). Or remove the extra strike and / or remove the extra shell nodes.

Edited by iNfUsi0N, 11 September 2017 - 05:26 AM.

#2 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:20 AM

When you get hit by seven strikes, you might consider to change something about the way you play. I got killed by an airstrike some days ago, afterwards I considered to congratulate the guy who did that, without any sarcasm or salt. Proper use of an airstrike.

The strikes added a new phase to the battle and that forces people to keep their eyes open and to keep moving. CampingWarriors surly and sourly dislike that. But listening to whiners has done enough harm to this game already.

#3 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

In FP its not as much Nascar as in QP u know? Especially not when fresh mechs come from their spawn. I was in a Marauder-iic so i wasnt able to dodge them. The "new phase" you're talking about is just more nascar in QP. Gz. More Opinions plz.

#4 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

There's a nerf already coming with the next patch.

Patchnotes will tell us how exactly PGI will nerf the Arty and Strike.

Edit: Russ confirmed the change on the air strikes and artys for September patch.
https://twitter.com/...376924225187840

Edited by McHoshi, 12 September 2017 - 04:02 AM.

#5 Ballistic Iron

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

I would like to play Mechwarrior when I'm online, not Air strike warrior!!!

#6 Panther9x

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

I agree with Ballistic Iron and Infusion, too many airstrikes! Perhaps limiting each player to just one would be O.K but I would rather see them disappear, or maybe FP only? The new weapons have upped the average damage potential of every player, adding multiple airstrikes compounds the problem. Once engaged a typical public match has been decided in two minutes! I think an increase to armor/structure across the board needs to happen so the battle lasts longer, and pilots can react to what is happening on the battlefield without being consumed by a "murderball" in seconds.

#7 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

In FP air- and artystrikes have become more annoying than instagib-Long Tom was.
Atleast that could be guessed where it shoot.

It came as inside joke in our unit that keep away from me, because every time LT aimed straight to my head.

Edited by VXJaeger, 12 September 2017 - 02:54 AM.

#8 GeoSynchronicity

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

I agree that the air strikes and artillery strikes need to be nerfed again. They could either go back to one artillery or air strike only or they could reduce the damage and/or area that it hits. Perhaps they could make two different game modes that people could queue into--one with the strikes, one without.

#9 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

I like GeoSynchronicity's ideas. Or something along those lines.

#10 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

Where's the buff option?

#11 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

As long as you don't death ball, the strikes don't have much effect. Yes, you'll lose 10-20% on a really good strike, but usually it's a lack of situational awareness and setting down roots in one spot.

#12 GeoSynchronicity

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Well, after today I have decided airstrike and artillerystrike warrior is not the game i originally came here to play. Until they fix it and make it mechwarrior again, I will not be playing this game.

#13 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

It's a combination of map geometry (mech sized cover the right size to put strikes on one side and hit targets the other side without warning, also chokepoints forcing clustering and predictable tactics), seismic sensor (enabling people to know where exactly the enemies are on the other side of the mech sized cover) and a risk/reward ratio that is almost all reward with no risk (if you disregard team damage, a miss still makes enemys stay away from the target location).

TL;DR: Strikes are too cheap and spammable for what they do.

#14 GalahadVGL13

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

map indicator is all that would be needed.

#15 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:25 AM

MWO WC showed us some great matches. but imo the air and arty strikes had to much influence on the gameplay. it is some luck-based dodgeball ****. just take em out already pgi!

#16 CuriousCabbitBlue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

REMOVE ADD LONG TOM CANNON as a weapon for mechs (not the cw long tom arty )

Edited by CuriousCabbitBlue, 19 December 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#17 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

I will agree with Jamie from the Mythbusters. "Jamie want big boom". So do I. Makes the noobs and people who cluster up for death scream all the louder.

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

remove entirely

add ARROW IV to game

#19 0Jiggs0

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

Retain the functionality of consumables, but change them from skill node unlocks to single-use items that use tonnage and crit slots in the same manner as Rocket Launchers.

#20 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

I want a Long Tom for my Mechs. BOOM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users