The Cesspool-Mmo Of Humanity

41 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

Eve-ill takes more victims...
http://www.pcgamer.c...-players-hands/

And honestly - if you belive they do act without the permission and support of CCP itself or some People of CCP you are delusional...

Edited by Thorqemada, 13 September 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#2 Texan Scrub Lord

Rookie

• CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 6 posts
  • LocationThe Fringes of Dank Meme Fields

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

What? why did you post that here anyways?

#3 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

Glad I do not play that game.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:18 AM

Bcs Eve is often quoted as sort of a example how MWO should be in the big sense...

#5 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

K-Town, here we come.

#6 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 13 September 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Eve-ill takes more victims...
http://www.pcgamer.c...-players-hands/
And honestly - if you belive they do act without the permission and support of CCP itself or some People of CCP you are delusional...

lmao ******* ******* and crybabies.

"i'll cut off your hands!" LMAO sure

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

#8 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

lol EVE as the cesspool, really? You can find much more in Facebook and Twitter. This isn't surprising to anyone that has ever interacted with people, there will always be asses (the leader).

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

never threaten, its passive aggressive bs and will both alert the target and make you the first person the cops question. its better to catch them off guard. and besides if it was serious, that level of escalation is not warranted, its just a game. maybe if you run over my cats, but not if you beat me in a deathmatch. its also sad that we live in the world that is more concerned about idle threats from whiney ***** than actual violence. then we elect a president who should be on a sex offender list. the end is nigh, but thats too good for us, so we will continue to suffer continued existence instead.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 September 2017 - 10:54 AM.

#10 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Man gets angry over video game, threatens another gamer.

Must be a slow news day.

#11 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

Drat foiled again, thought you were talking about DOTA for a second. Then i read the post. I haz da sadz :(

#12 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

So do eves servers work these days or does ethe entire thing freeze up like it used to ? Back in the day if a titan fired its super weapon the game froze for several hours

Edited by Burke IV, 13 September 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#13 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 13 September 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

So do eves servers work these days or does ethe entire thing freeze up like it used to ? Back in the day if a titan fired its super weapon the game froze for several hours

Naw they fixed that a long time ago. I stopped playing because of RMT and people using bots to farm ISK. The grind was just....yucky.

#14 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Not sure which I find more sad.... the fact that real life conferences are called for video game "political leaders" to determine how the game will progress, which resulted in this comedy... OR.... PCGamer felt that it was actually news worthy LOL.

Either way, made me laugh. Carrying on with my day.

Edited by Darrious Quinn, 13 September 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#15 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

Yea, really what the leader's defenders are missing is that guy flat out requested IRL info/doxxing. IMO for CCP that was the bottom line and reason for ban, threaten him all you want in chat, whine and rage to the high heavens, but the moment you asked for IRL info? yea you're going to get banned. I've seen worse tirades in casual-mmo WOW back in the day and even the GM's there would let those fly (if there is grounds, like here, and it wasn't sustained for a really long time), but the moment you try doxxing in a harmful context (doesn't matter if it was for reals or not) it's the banhammer for you.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

Actually, I think this is very cool.

Imagine being part of an immersive universe with genuine stakes and intrigues like this.

Better that than an endless groundhog day of arena shooting, IMHO.

#17 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

Eve is what happens when you decide to make a game where it is perfectly legal and encouraged to engage in anti-social behaviour like scamming/theft, but don't implement any ingame tools to police it. Imagine if you could ripoff the mafia IRL but they couldn't do anything because things like sending assassins after a traitor aren't implemented (because it's easier not to implement stuff like that in a game). Or if you couldn't even report someone to the police for stealing your stuff.

Its very, very dumb. You want to allow someone to steal tons of money from what is basically a private army? Okay, sure, but there has to be checks and balances against that, otherwise most people will simply do that at the first opportunity. You literally cannot do anything to stop it, because pretty much every safeguard used to prevent the same situations IRL are not implemented in the game. E.G. Two man keys for nukes IRL, banks requiring verification from the account owner, etc. The only way you can prevent anything from happening at all is to hoard all the power to yourself, and that never works because people just leave a guild when they aren't allowed to use the guild storage.

And if someone does steal stuff from you, there is nothing you can do to get it back or take revenge, unlike IRL. There are basically no consequences. If you piss off some criminal organisation IRL, you have to spend the rest of your life on the run. You never know if you are going to get drugged and wake up to find yourself in some torture chamber because the cartel you stole money from wants to know where you hid it. In a game, even if you die, you respawn in some safe zone. You arent even touchable if you decide to stay in a safe zone. What are your enemies going to do, send you nasty messages?

It would be like allowing players in MWO to TK each other because "well, players can police that stuff on their own right? Just shoot back!". Yea, it doesnt work that way.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 13 September 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Bcs Eve is often quoted as sort of a example how MWO should be in the big sense...

yeah no. eve is a poor example of how any game should be. allowing unregulated bad behavior without any consequences whatsoever.

eve attracts the worst type of gamers on the internet but fortuntely keeps them out of other games since theyre too busy trolling in eve.

Edited by Khobai, 13 September 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#19 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostValhallan, on 13 September 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Yea, really what the leader's defenders are missing is that guy flat out requested IRL info/doxxing.

Because that never ever happend in EvE before, right? Posted Image

#20 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

[mod]Has nothing to do with MW:O, moved to Off-Topic Discussions.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users