Any Idea When Pgi Is Going To Fix The Hit Detection?

26 replies to this topic

#21 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 14 September 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Hitreg isn't that bad nowadays.

If you want to see how awful hitreg CAN be, i'd suggest giving the new Quake game a try. It probably has a ******** netcode than MWO ever had.

No thanks. I already had that awful experience on BF4. Wasn't fun after they started updating lol

#22 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:17 AM

This happened to me recently and it was actually awesome. I faced enemy mech in 1v1 encounter and it shot single Gauss round at me and struck my side torso. The Gauss round penetrated front armor(leaving it yellow) and blew inside causing massive structure damage and loss of rear armor. Well, at least it looked this way but actually was a hitreg issue. And I see those hitreg issues happening, like once per six months.

#23 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostMadRover, on 13 September 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Seriously. When are they going to fix the hit detection? This is getting a bit stupid for my taste.

Not dying quickly enough are you? :)

#24 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

I wouldn't say Hit Detection itself is off, but HSR does have some bugs... It's more noticeable with the larger caliber weapons like PPCs, AC10/20s and Gauss because it's not concealed by multi-weapon alpha builds like laser vomit and SRM bombers.

Opposing sections magically taking damage, or the other day when a legged Spider ate 3 consecutive AC20 hits with only the 3rd registering... Meh. Still not that common, really... People abusing JJs to throw off HSR is the biggest culprit and that does pose an issue.

#25 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

As long as your ping is stable and have no packet loss (both your problem to fix), hit reg is fine. Post a video if you experience it, there's been plenty of cases of pilot error before.

#26 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

Well PGi decided to permanently drop Inverse Kinematics because they couldn't figure out how to sort the hitreg issues it would bring.

So chances of them fixing something they seem not to understand fully? Slim to none.

#27 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostDogstar, on 18 September 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

Well PGi decided to permanently drop Inverse Kinematics because they couldn't figure out how to sort the hitreg issues it would bring.

So chances of them fixing something they seem not to understand fully? Slim to none.

Guess better to bring some soda and popcorn, put on my 3D glasses, and watch everything is a multi dimensional world with adverse physics that make you question how things really work when they're supposed to work in a logical way while disproving Einstein's theory of the speed of light =Mc^2 (or whatever that formula is) and then complain to those that were supposed to make physics work properly. Oh well good thing I have plenty of popcorn :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users