#1 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

PGI,

As you know, we are on the eve of the kick-off of one of the greatest military actions in our current timeline; Operation Guerrero (September 16th, 3057). This assault pitted forces from the Free Worlds League and Capellan Confederation against those of the Federated Commonwealth. In doing so, it provided the impetus for the Lyran Commonwealth secession, creation of the area known as the Chaos March, and eventually the Fedcom Civil War. Finally, the Marik invasion allowed Sun-Tzu to apply pressure and secure the St. Ives Compact. Operation Guerrero was an important event that was the catalyst for many of the events to come.

In addition to Operation Guerrero, other battles were forming. On the clan front, Wolf and Falcon faced each other in the Refusal War. The following year, ComStar and Word of Blake erupt in conflict. The 3057 timeline defined the actions internal to the two factions, Inner Sphere and Clan. Unfortunately, MWO does not mirror these events. This period is a time of Civil War, not Clan versus Inner Sphere. We have two years before Operation Bulldog and the Inner Sphere’s response to the Clan invasion.

This problem begs the question; why are we not having weekend challenges to mimic these events? One of the great things that separate Battletech and Mechwarrior from other genera is the depth of the lore. I have contributed a significant portion to my meager income to this game, much more than all other games since the 1980’s combined. So I ask you, why is PGI wasting this opportunity and excluding this valuable resource?

War Steiner, Lt Col
1FWG, FWLM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users